June recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Regardless of the usual weak competition in this FIBA U16 tournament, three things were fairly obvious to me from tonight's game against PR. One is that Robinson is a natural scorer who can really shoot and doesn't take any bad shots. At 14 she could probably play at the U18 level. Second, Dee Alexander is an elite talent, scorer, and passer. And she also could probably play at that U18 level. Thirdly, Woliczko for a kid who just finished her freshman HS season, has an advanced understanding of defensive footwork and how to use her body for positioning at both ends. And she could give a clinic on how to catch and keep the ball high while always knowing where the rim is no matter the traffic inside. I would really like to see these kids against some higher level talent.

Reaction Score
They were ahead 46-8 late in the 1st half when I turned it off. The US was still pressing full court.

They did look awesome but PR was ridiculously outclassed.

Reaction Score
As to Koval, perhaps she let Geno know early that she’s not interested. Hard to believe but not everyone likes UConn! Fortunately, we’re sitting pretty with Ice & Jana! Let’s hope for the Big O and Mcgaughy!
Sometimes Geno likes to sneak in very late in the recruitment process to snag a highly ranked player or a should be highly ranked player away from other teams. It’s like a guilty pleasure he seems to enjoy. Think Liv, Christyn and Nika as recent examples.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sometimes Geno likes to sneak in very late in the recruitment process to snag a highly ranked player or a should be highly ranked player away from other teams. It’s like a guilty pleasure he seems to enjoy. Think Liv, Christyn and Nika as recent examples.
Christyn Williams? She was HoopGurlz 2018 #1 ranked player out of high school

Reaction Score
Auriemma recruited Williams and ONO both for over 2 years.

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams? She was HoopGurlz 2018 #1 ranked player out of high school
I am aware of Cristyn’s and Liv’s senior year hoopgurlz ratings and that most of the major programs were pursuing them. The point I was trying to make is that neither player committed to UConn until very late in the recruiting process. Prior to that nobody knew where they would end up. I can recall an ESPN article that reported that UConn went from zero to nifty when they both committed and it surprised a lot of fans. Just because Koval’s official visitation schedule does not include UConn should not be a reason for posters to purvey doom and gloom. While these posters’cinclusions may all be correct, it ain’t over till it’s over. We all thought Boston was a shoe-in for coming to UConn and we all know how that ended.

Reaction Score
Everything thing is het thr ball and go no passing every player for themselves. Too many missed layups. Hard to tell if these girls are that good with the competition they playing

I don’t disagree at all. It’s pretty hard for me to watch the games in their entirety. Very limited team offense. This team lacks what U16 teams in the past have had and that’s a true PG to run some offense.

Reaction Score
I don’t disagree at all. It’s pretty hard for me to watch the games in their entirety. Very limited team offense. This team lacks what U16 teams in the past have had and that’s a true PG to run some offense.
Bad choice of not selecting Kelis Fisher. Seems like she is a true PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom