June recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ranked #27 on ESPN HoopGurlz and #11 on Prospects Nation. 6’4” Forward from San, Antonio. Seems pretty late to be just now following a ‘24, but here are highlights nonetheless.

I have kind of a mixed reaction to this. Based on the brief highlights she looks very promising and way better than her rating, perhaps a late bloomer. So that is encouraging, but as you indicate it is very late to indicate an interest, and it makes me wonder if she isn't plan C or D because the odds with A & B are not looking good.

That's just speculation of course and trying to read between the lines. I am not aware of anything to put much weight on, but it seems like the sentiment of our chances remains good on Strong, but has faded with Koval, and I know she was injured but I don't recall any buzz recently regarding Tac. Anybody know if we are still interested or in the mix there?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have kind of a mixed reaction to this. Based on the brief highlights she looks very promising and way better than her rating, perhaps a late bloomer. So that is encouraging, but as you indicate it is very late to indicate an interest, and it makes me wonder if she isn't plan C or D because the odds with A & B are not looking good.

That's just speculation of course and trying to read between the lines. I am not aware of anything to put much weight on, but it seems like the sentiment of our chances remains good on Strong, but has faded with Koval, and I know she was injured but I don't recall any buzz recently regarding Tac. Anybody know if we are still interested or in the mix there?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I'm still optimistic about signing Sarah Strong, but not too on Kate Koval. This girl seems very good around the basket regarding lay-ups and rebounding, but nothing shown about her ability away from the hoop. That aspect can be taught to improve, but if she has no outside game at this point means she would be a project. If she does have an outside shot then she would be a C option at this point, but 24 is coming fast and hopefully Strong will pick us this summer, and whether it be good or bad for us, hoping Koval will also make a decision this summer. I would like to button up our 24 class before November, but you never know what these girls are thinking, and hopefully they aren't waiting for NIL offers to come in from our competitors. I hate to think like that, but these are viable factors that I still don't completely understand so I have to sit here wait to see who wants to play for the best WBB program and best coach in America. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Ranked #27 on ESPN HoopGurlz and #11 on Prospects Nation. 6’4” Forward from San, Antonio. Seems pretty late to be just now following a ‘24, but here are highlights nonetheless.

Masterful blocks! Arianna appears to me to have long legs AND arms ... room to
grow in " core " body. She could end up 6 ' 5" or 6' 6"????

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of chunky bigs, genetic or otherwise. Another variable to consider and it's not a plus.
But Arianna is # 12, not chunky, but slender. She was the MVP in the state final (TEXAS)
and the extra clips on her show her hitting 3 pointer and mid-range jumpers. There
is also a local news clip on her, after the championship, which showed her to be
rather refreshing (IMO). If that was her father, in one of the clips, he seemed to
be 6' 4" or 6' 5'. ROOM TO GROW? An Azure Stevens type??

Reaction Score

I hadn’t even thought of it in that regard, but she could definitely be insurance for not getting Strong, Carlton or Fournier.

My predictions are Carlton to Texas and Strong to LSU.

Reaction Score

Um...wow. I want more.

Reaction Score

She looks a lot like ONO did in high school. Great, coltish energy, a vacuum for rebounds, shot blocker, but a little awkward on the offensive side.

The energy is the most important thing. Skills can be taught.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Sometimes camera angles lie but:

Kelis sure seems to have serious hops.
Paige...while overall still slender...seem to have some serious muscles in her arms.

Reaction Score
She looks like she should be a high-jumper like Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom