June recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

June recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've watched quite a few high school games with Liv McGill. She's the pg who followed Paige and Amaya Battle at Hopkins HS. She's small, but energetic. I don't think she has quite the intensity that Battle has, but she should be able to contribute at Florida.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
FymOCHFWwAAWTVb

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Recent article featuring top prospects from Kentucky.

This from '24 ZaKiyah Johnson does not instill confidence.

Since June 1, Johnson has heard from coaches around the country, several who lead some of the sport’s most successful programs.

At the next level, Johnson is looking for a coach with whom she can connect. “I want to see who’s being real or who’s not,” she said. “I can kind of tell, but I mean I just want someone who’s going to be fun, who I can be comfortable with off rip. Anything uncomfortable is probably not going to draw me in, but just good relationships with the coaches. And introducing me to the players on the phone and all that’s cool. People ask me all the time, like, ‘Do you want a guy coach, do you want a woman coach?’ It doesn’t really matter. I just want a good coach who I can be close with.”

So far, Johnson has taken two unofficial visits: Louisville and Kentucky. She’s noticed both programs recruiting her extra hard.

Outside of the commonwealth, coaches are calling just as often. “Notre Dame, I like them a lot,” Johnson said. “They definitely come really hard. I’ve actually gotten really close with them, too. LSU. Miami actually does a good job, too. They’re coming strong and hard. There’s definitely a few coaches that come out hard and, you know, all of them talk to me a lot. But I can definitely separate which ones come harder.”

Reaction Score
I've watched quite a few high school games with Liv McGill. She's the pg who followed Paige and Amaya Battle at Hopkins HS. She's small, but energetic. I don't think she has quite the intensity that Battle has, but she should be able to contribute at Florida.

McGill actually played against Hopkins/Bueckers when she was in the 8th grade for another team. Can't remember the team.

Reaction Score

Since June 1, Johnson has heard from coaches around the country, several who lead some of the sport’s most successful programs.

At the next level, Johnson is looking for a coach with whom she can connect. “I want to see who’s being real or who’s not,” she said. “I can kind of tell, but I mean I just want someone who’s going to be fun, who I can be comfortable with off rip. Anything uncomfortable is probably not going to draw me in, but just good relationships with the coaches. And introducing me to the players on the phone and all that’s cool. People ask me all the time, like, ‘Do you want a guy coach, do you want a woman coach?’ It doesn’t really matter. I just want a good coach who I can be close with.”

So far, Johnson has taken two unofficial visits: Louisville and Kentucky. She’s noticed both programs recruiting her extra hard.

Outside of the commonwealth, coaches are calling just as often. “Notre Dame, I like them a lot,” Johnson said. “They definitely come really hard. I’ve actually gotten really close with them, too. LSU. Miami actually does a good job, too. They’re coming strong and hard. There’s definitely a few coaches that come out hard and, you know, all of them talk to me a lot. But I can definitely separate which ones come harder.”

Not sure what “fails to instill confidence”?

Reaction Score
Please, Sluconn Husky, can you make us a recap of POI and Players officialy offered for the next 3 classes ?

Reaction Score

No problem. IMO, Alexander and McGaughy are a little bigger and will be just as good at the college level. Plus Johnson is 2025 recruit, same as the others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

who's more real than Geno?

Reaction Score
Not for me, just highlights however she is much quicker, plus footwork is much better than Liv's was. I would love to see her in a Husky uniform.
I agree with you totally. She has much better form on her outside shot. Using a one hand pushing with top spin where as Liv had a two hand over the top of her head and kind of throw it as the basket form on outside shots and foul shots. She is much quicker then Liv on her movements down low going left and right.
Where she reminds me of Liv is in her defense which as we all know was Liv's strong point. Did anyone remember when we played SCarolina in a preseason tourney and lost in the second half. Well in the first half Liv was blocking all the drives to the hoop rebounding and getting us out on the break and we were up big. Recently as a professional Liv was playing against Boston and blocked two of her shots.

She would be a great addition to our team and I would love to have her.

Reaction Score
I agree with you totally. She has much better form on her outside shot. Using a one hand pushing with top spin where as Liv had a two hand over the top of her head and kind of throw it as the basket form on outside shots and foul shots. She is much quicker then Liv on her movements down low going left and right.
Where she reminds me of Liv is in her defense which as we all know was Liv's strong point. Did anyone remember when we played SCarolina in a preseason tourney and lost in the second half. Well in the first half Liv was blocking all the drives to the hoop rebounding and getting us out on the break and we were up big. Recently as a professional Liv was playing against Boston and blocked two of her shots.

She would be a great addition to our team and I would love to have her.
I hear you. Her offense maybe a little better than Liv’s was in high school. I was thinking of the moment when she drives left and puts the ball up at the rim with her right hand. If you’re taller than everyone else (like she clearly is in high school, and as Liv was too) you can get away with that. But in D1, where there’s lots of bigs, that’s gonna get blocked.

And now I have to tease you a little bit: top spin? That would be interesting to see. Perhaps you meant back spin? It’s not like she’ll be allowed to bring a tennis racket on the court… though that might be a cool development in the sport. :p

But I think you’re right about Liv’s shooting form. The ball seemed like an alien object in hands. This girl looks a bit more comfortable with the ball in her hands.

Reaction Score
Kinda getting a Liv vibe from this video also. Similar build and shot blocking.
I particularly liked the block that she tipped to herself and started the fast break, and no "tomahawk" motion, as she did not foul (yes, it is a highlight video...). She is able to get off the floor and back into the play quickly.

I believe she will be a positive addition to UCONN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No problem. IMO, Alexander and McGaughy are a little bigger and will be just as good at the college level. Plus Johnson is 2025 recruit, same as the others.

Oh I'd love to have them as well, but Johnson may be the best player in the class. She has star written all over her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sarah Strong​

Strong was selected as the MVP of EuroCamp by the various coaches. She proved to be a match up nightmare. She was a physical rebounding asset as well as a dynamic passing threat from anywhere on the court. While she plays differently than Caitlin Clark her ability to punish you scoring or with tight window passing is not a stretch at this point.

Rieyan Deouze

Because DeSouze was still returning from injury her play was pretty limited. She was certainly missed as the minutes she was able to scrimmage with the team she showed how well she can control things in the halfcourt while still be a terrific threat off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Not sure what “fails to instill confidence”?
For me, "fails to instill confidence" is an understatement. She is looking for a coach that she can be pals with, and who will never make her feel uncomfortable. Does that sound like Geno to you? She also places great value on how hard programs are recruiting her. Does that sound like UConn to you?

Reaction Score
I hope no one is shocked by this. We are stacked at guard for the next couple years and she isn't the ideal size for a positionless motion system. We need to be focusing on forwards in 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom