June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
2022 has Kiki Rice, K K Bransford and Ashlon Jackson at the guard position, among others. They are all great. Any one of them will be a superb get for UConn. Unrealistic to think we will get more than one, but totally realistic to expect we will get one.

I predict we will get one of them and happily rejoice about it. At this point, my guess would be Bransford but who knows.

Brady, Bollin and one of the above would be an amazing top ranked class. Adding Betts to that group would be totally off the charts.

Reaction Score
2022 has Kiki Rice, K K Bransford and Ashlon Jackson at the guard position, among others. They are all great. Any one of them will be a superb get for UConn. Unrealistic to think we will get more than one, but totally realistic to expect we will get one.

I predict we will get one of them and happily rejoice about it. At this point, my guess would be Bransford but who knows.

Brady, Bollin and one of the above would be an amazing top ranked class. Adding Betts to that group would be totally off the charts.
Providing we get one more :) for
2021, how many could we take in 2022 ?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Providing we get one more :) for
2021, how many could we take in 2022 ?

Great question. As of now, four.

By my count, we could take four in that class and be at 15, the max, assuming Fudd commits but no more (like Iriafen) and assuming no transfers out. Whether Geno would want that many is another question, but he is aware (as we all are) of the significant uptick in transfers. Also, I`d absolutely love to see Makurat here for four years, but she will have other options as well.

Williams, ONO and Westbrook are gone after 2022. (Westbrook may be gone after 2021.)

Here are the classes:

2023: Makurat, Griffin (2)

2024: Bueckers, Muhl, Gabriel, Edwards, McLean (5)

2025: Deberry, Poffenbarger, Ducharme (3); with Fudd, (4)

2026: Brady (1); could add three more

Of course, that would potentially limit significantly the numbers for the class of 2027 (high school class of 2023).

Yikes, talking about the class of 2027 makes me feel old!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

By my count, we could take four in that class and be at 15, the max, assuming Fudd commits but no more (like Iriafen) and assuming no transfers out. Whether Geno would want that many is another question, but he is aware (as we all are) of the significant uptick in transfers. Also, I`d absolutely love to see Makurat here for four years, but she will have other options as well.

Williams, ONO and Westbrook are gone after 2022. (Westbrook may be gone after 2021.)

Here are the classes:

Of course, that would potentially limit significantly the numbers for the class of 2027 (high school class of 2023).

Great answer.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For people who are concerned that UConn will have too many players, keep in mind that the following players (at least) will be eligible to go to the WNBA after 3 seasons of college:

Anna Makurat

Nika Muhl

Azzi Fudd (not that we have Azzi yet)

If they play only 3 years, that eases the logjam considerably.

Reaction Score

It would be the new generation (and different sport) of the Killer B's! Bueckers, Bransford, Brady, Bollin & Betts!!!

Reaction Score
For people who are concerned that UConn will have too many players, keep in mind that the following players (at least) will be eligible to go to the WNBA after 3 seasons of college:

Anna Makurat

Nika Muhl

Azzi Fudd (not that we have Azzi yet)

If they play only 3 years, that eases the logjam considerably.
Won’t Paige be able to as well?

Reaction Score

Here are the classes:

Assuming this all works out as planned, one of the best blends of size and guards in many years.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Since no one agrees on her height..this would be a controversial choice
It has long been established that she is precisely one Hartley Unit tall. There can be no discussion as this is now, by affirmation, the quasi-official BY prima facie evidence.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This past week, UConn’s president did provide some guidance on fall reopening as follows:
  1. students must arrive on campus at least 2 weeks ahead of time for testing and quarantine.
  2. Classes would be a mixture of both online and in person to the extent classrooms were large enough to allow for social distancing.
  3. In person classes will end at the Thanksgiving break with finals to be administered online.
  4. Students, faculty, administrators will be required to wear masks in classrooms and other spaces on campus where they cannot social distance.
  5. There will be a separate facility (dorm?) where any student that tests positive can be isolated from the rest of the student body.
  6. Foreign students and others could remain on campus if they have nowhere to go.
  7. Comprehensive testing procedures are still being developed.
  8. No final decision yet on sports.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This past week, UConn’s president did provide some guidance on fall reopening as follows:
  1. students must arrive on campus at least 2 weeks ahead of time for testing and quarantine.
  2. Classes would be a mixture of both online and in person to the extent classrooms were large enough to allow for social distancing.
  3. In person classes will end at the Thanksgiving break with finals to be administered online.
  4. Students, faculty, administrators will be required to wear masks in classrooms and other spaces on campus where they cannot social distance.
  5. There will be a separate facility (dorm?) where any student that tests positive can be isolated from the rest of the student body.
  6. Foreign students and others could remain on campus if they have nowhere to go.
  7. Comprehensive testing procedures are still being developed.
  8. No final decision yet on sports.

Most of these seem sensible to me, but I truly don't understand what 1. means. Where are they supposed to quarantine that's different from where they live the rest of the semester? If an entire student body is "quarantining" in their dorms, how is this different from the normal semester? Or will the university enforce no socializing, athletic practices, etc., and everyone just literally stays in their dorm rooms to two weeks???

Reaction Score
2022 F 6'4 Maya Nnaji from Hopkins, MN - 2019-2020 stats: 19.6 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.7 spg, 1.6 bpg

- Rankings: ESPN - #8, ASGR - #7, Bluestar - #14, Hoops Central - #4, Prep Girls Hoops - #7

- Notable offers: Stanford, SCar, Oregon, UCLA, ASU, L'Ville, Miss St, Michigan, LSU, Vandy, TTU

Sophomore Highlights:

Reaction Score
Poffenbarger highlight package:

I love Poffenbarger's fearlessness and tenacity, you can definitely tell she has a chip on her shoulder, a mean streak and a little nastiness to her game! I also love her size, athleticism, and range, people are going to be pleasantly surprised with her game! She is flying a little under the radar and not getting the attention of other 21 recruits, but she has the talent and desire to be one of the best players in the country.

Reaction Score
2022 F 6'4 Maya Nnaji from Hopkins, MN - 2019-2020 stats: 19.6 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 1.7 spg, 1.6 bpg

- Rankings: ESPN - #8, ASGR - #7, Bluestar - #14, Hoops Central - #4, Prep Girls Hoops - #7

- Notable offers: Stanford, SCar, Oregon, UCLA, ASU, L'Ville, Miss St, Michigan, LSU, Vandy, TTU

Sophomore Highlights:

I love Nnaji's game as well, and her relationship with Bueckers certainly is a factor, but I just don't see her going to UConn with DeBerry and Brady already committed.

Reaction Score
I love Nnaji's game as well, and her relationship with Bueckers certainly is a factor, but I just don't see her going to UConn with DeBerry and Brady already committed.
I'm not so sure I buy that. I think Geno is really choosing versatile bigs that could play either 4 or 5 position and we could be entering an era where the bigs are all sort of 4.5s so that opens up a lot of combination permutations to get folks playing time. I just can't wait till the day we can field a big line up again like a Stewie, Tuck, and Stokes option.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
That, and this:

Now it's certainly an accomplishment to get an offer in and of itself, but the few times recruits have really hyped up their offers, it has generally been a positive sign for us down the road. No guarantees, of course, but...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom