June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Reaction Score
I don't know what Azzi's actual height is, but she and Bueckers constantly both get listed at 5-11 and all video/photo evidence of the two of them together shows that Paige is a couple inches taller. So it would not surprise me that Azzi is closer to 5-8. At the very least, the listed heights are obviously not always accurate.

what ever their heights really are, they seem to be dealing with those inches rather well.............. :) :)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Anyone have any thoughts/info on
Jillian Hollingshead
Athletic-4 brings face up game to the arc, guard skills in transition; quick in the paint, active on glass, plays to the rim; mismatch producer in the front court, stretches the defense to the arc; rises on jumper in the key; an elite prospect in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Her ESPN notes interest me, but I can't find much out about her except some articles from 2018

Reaction Score
Anyone have any thoughts/info on
Jillian Hollingshead
Athletic-4 brings face up game to the arc, guard skills in transition; quick in the paint, active on glass, plays to the rim; mismatch producer in the front court, stretches the defense to the arc; rises on jumper in the key; an elite prospect in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Her ESPN notes interest me, but I can't find much out about her except some articles from 2018
I would like to see her in a UConn jersey.

Reaction Score
Wait, so you are telling me that potentially being off 3 inches in regards to a woman's height is a measure of a recruiting service's credibility? Then how do you explain why ESPN Hoopgurlz lists Jersey Wolfenbarger as 6'1" while ProspectsNation lists her at 6'5"? Which service of the 2 should I believe more? Which should I deem as more credible? Maybe more criteria is needed in order to judge.

P.S. Jersey Wolfenbarger lists herself as 6'5" on twitter...so ProspectsNation >>> ESPN Hoopgurlz?
Espn Hoopgurlz has been wrong on other things as well. They also have a height controversy on Carolyn Ducharme, ratings don't seem as accurate as Prospects Nation or Blue Star, they don't even attempt to accurately rate foreign players, and in genera

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
According to a Georgia fan, who has had good info in the past, it was McPherson who was chasing UConn. She may left UConn off her final list for a reason.

Yes, all available info suggests she was very much a UConn target, probably one of the final four of the 2021 class.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes, all available info suggests she was very much a UConn target, probably one of the final four of the 2021 class.
The poster on VolNation said she really wanted to go to UConn. I am surprised at that with all the guards UConn will have. The poster also said it was unlikely she would come to UConn because he/she believed UConn was expecting to get Fudd or something on that order. They say the poster is in the know and usually gives correct info. We shall see.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
According to a Georgia fan, who has had good info in the past, it was McPherson who was chasing UConn. She may have left UConn off her final list for a reason.
And now I begin my world famous "Jump to A Conclusion" act. 1) She is a quality point 2) She was pursuing UConn (per reputable source) 3) Uconn not in final 5. 4) Assume the UConn coaches , being fair to the lady, closed the door with a reason that they were very close to someone rated above her. Conclusion-, ... Nah I better not say it out loud.

Reaction Score
And now I begin my world famous "Jump to A Conclusion" act. 1) She is a quality point 2) She was pursuing UConn (per reputable source) 3) Uconn not in final 5. 4) Assume the UConn coaches , being fair to the lady, closed the door with a reason that they were very close to someone rated above her. Conclusion-, ... Nah I better not say it out loud.

even without UConn is stacked at the guard position............unless she was willing to sacrifice minutes to be a part of the UConn program, I totally understand why KM would prefer to look elsewhere.....

Reaction Score
even without UConn is stacked at the guard position............unless she was willing to sacrifice minutes to be a part of the UConn program, I totally understand why KM would prefer to look elsewhere.....
This is generally true and even more so at point guard. A 2021 point guard prospect even in the top half dozen or so at that position was looking at a high probably she would not start for at least 3 years because of Paige and because of Nika might not even get significant minutes until a senior, and then only if another better point guard was not recruited in a couple of year's after her.

When the best rated incoming freshman in the country is a point guard, and another very talented point guard is arriving as well, there isn't much reason to make a pure point guard a high priority for several years. If you are Kayla, you need to beat out Nika to find meaningful minutes unless you can play SG, where there is also serious competition now, and if Azzi comes that road for all practical purposes would be blocked. If Kayla was playing point guard with Paige moving to SG, that could work for brief periods but is very unlikely to be used often.

In essence she may have liked Uconn and visa versa, but this year the timing is bad. If she was class of 2023 or 2024 maybe it would have happened.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
This is generally true and even more so at point guard. A 2021 point guard prospect even in the top half dozen or so at that position was looking at a high probably she would not start for at least 3 years because of Paige and because of Nika might not even get significant minutes until a senior, and then only if another better point guard was not recruited in a couple of year's after her.

When the best rated incoming freshman in the country is a point guard, and another very talented point guard is arriving as well, there isn't much reason to make a pure point guard a high priority for several years. If you are Kayla, you need to beat out Nika to find meaningful minutes unless you can play SG, where there is also serious competition now, and if Azzi comes that road for all practical purposes would be blocked. If Kayla was playing point guard with Paige moving to SG, that could work for brief periods but is very unlikely to be used often.

In essence she may have liked Uconn and visa versa, but this year the timing is bad. If she was class of 2023 or 2024 maybe it would have happened.
All true. But hope springs eternal in the young. Kayla has dominated and she MAY feel there is no one better then her on the court. If it is true that she was turned away by UConn (rejected is too strong here), she will probably have a big chip on her shoulder. I think we will be hearing about this lady in the near future.

Reaction Score
All true. But hope springs eternal in the young. Kayla has dominated and she MAY feel there is no one better then her on the court. If it is true that she was turned away by UConn (rejected is too strong here), she will probably have a big chip on her shoulder. I think we will be hearing about this lady in the near future.

if she was "rejected" because of her game she should want to kick UConn's butt, if it's because there's simply no room at the inn (especially if it's 's inn) there should be no serious hard feelings................honesty is the best policy in life and in WBB recruiting...... ;)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I hope we will be hearing about the player who caused UConn to pass on Kayla, if indeed that happened. Whoever she is she must be outstanding.

Reaction Score
I hope we will be hearing about the player who caused UConn to pass on Kayla, if indeed that happened. Whoever she is she must be outstanding.

Kayla will look great in Maroon and White!

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
if she was "rejected" because of her game she should want to kick UConn's butt, if it's because there's simply no room at the inn (especially if it's 's inn) there should be no serious hard feelings................honesty is the best policy in life and in WBB recruiting...... ;)
No room at the inn, hence she was 'turned away'. If the scenario is true, and there is no proof, it was the demonstration of a program that really cares about the players; all the players.

Reaction Score
No room at the inn, hence she was 'turned away'. If the scenario is true, and there is no proof, it was the demonstration of a program that really cares about the players; all the players.

I have no idea if that was the situation but I don't think Geno lures players to UConn with promises of playing time or position changes.............UConn transfers are most often due to players simply not meeting the demands of the program not due to numbers games......

Reaction Score
In regards to the height discrepancies we often see in women’s basketball: I am 5’10.5” with shoes (5’9.5” without) - I have met many UConn players over the years when they have played at Louisville and Cincinnati. I have stood next to Tiffany Hayes and Kalana Greene - both were listed at 5’10” - I was a few inches taller than both of them. If I can find the pictures, I will post them. It is interesting how we often see players given a few extra inches.

Reaction Score
Wait, so you are telling me that potentially being off 3 inches in regards to a woman's height is a measure of a recruiting service's credibility? Then how do you explain why ESPN Hoopgurlz lists Jersey Wolfenbarger as 6'1" while ProspectsNation lists her at 6'5"? Which service of the 2 should I believe more? Which should I deem as more credible? Maybe more criteria is needed in order to judge.

P.S. Jersey Wolfenbarger lists herself as 6'5" on twitter...so ProspectsNation >>> ESPN Hoopgurlz?
I don't trust both ..........LOL

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score

I once heard Of a new assistant coach who nervously handed his first opponent scouting report to the HC. He looked at it a minute and dismissingly tossed it back with the comments “worthless”. The assistant asked what’s wrong to be told he misspelled a player’s name. The HC said “If you can’t get that right I can’t trust anything. I remembered that story during my years as a quality analyst.

Reaction Score
What? You need to pay to read all the players' ranking? No, no, no
If you are looking for some historical stats on UCONN's amazing history, the NCAA "accidentally" put together a nice article that lists ALL of the players at the end of the article {even before Geno & CD}....
Something for the new recruits to aim high and work towards.

Reaction Score
If you are looking for some historical stats on UCONN's amazing history, the NCAA "accidentally" put together a nice article that lists ALL of the players at the end of the article {even before Geno & CD}....
Something for the new recruits to aim high and work towards.
the link was missing:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom