June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

June 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins travels to Wayzata in 2017 and shoots 75% from Three

Hopkins goes on the road to Wayzata for a late-season conference game -- the 24th game of the 2016-17 season..... 9th grader Paige Bueckers would score 23 with 10 assists, 6 rebounds and 4 steals.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I’m back.......

I will interpret positively that (a) her gaze is looking directly at Stanford; and (b) UConn will be so loaded at her position for the foreseeable future that I have a really hard time seeing how she would fit with all the wing/post talent coming into Storrs. My totally non-insider guess is that Stanford and UCLA are the frontrunners.

Reaction Score
I will interpret positively that (a) her gaze is looking directly at Stanford; and (b) UConn will be so loaded at her position for the foreseeable future that I have a really hard time seeing how she would fit with all the wing/post talent coming into Storrs. My totally non-insider guess is that Stanford and UCLA are the frontrunners.
Question for you. To go to Stanford, would she need to be accepted for admission already to sign in November or is it too early for acceptance?

Reaction Score
Question for you. To go to Stanford, would she need to be accepted for admission already to sign in November or is it too early for acceptance?

Usually a Stanford recruit will have received an admissions decision from Stanford by now so I'm guessing if they are still in the mix, she was admitted.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

My thoughts are Stanford as well.

Reaction Score
Maybe its a head and the heart issue for her. UConn is what the head is telling her and then covid/staying in CA from the heart is saying Stanford... How many great players through the years have had to make that decision... times change but the decisions remain the same. Love to see her go with the head and the husky halo above her.....

Reaction Score
Nothing more preposterous than to speculate based on image head location her school choice. I do not know what her final decision will be, I hope it is UCLA. Based on her twitter connections I would say she follows all the UCLA coaching staff, can not say the same if the other schools. However, this too is a guess. She may be waiting for information on school openings in the fall and its impact on women college basketball for upcoming season?

Reaction Score
Kiki goes to Harvard-Westlake which is one of the Big 4 ultra-elite private schools in Southern California and it's also highly regarded nationally. Academics are obviously big. Although I think Stanford has the strongest chance if she's admitted, I wouldn't rule out Notre Dame either.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiki goes to Harvard-Westlake which is one of the Big 4 ultra-elite private schools in Southern California and it's also highly regarded nationally. Academics are obviously big. Although I think Stanford has the strongest chance if she's admitted, I wouldn't rule out Notre Dame either.

I’ve been in their gym. Very small and intimate. They always have very good women’s bb teams. They are on par with Long Beach Poly, Mater Dei, Chaminade, Etiwanda and Windward high schools here in the L.A. metropolitan area.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This past weekend Brandon Clay from Prospects Nation had a chance to evaluate a group of 14 recruits (from 2021-2023 classes) including Ashlon Jackson, Sammie Wagner, and Aaliyah Moore. I really like how highly he regards Ashlon's ability and tenacity on the defensive end:

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 10.47.09 AM.png

Reaction Score
This past weekend Brandon Clay from Prospects Nation had a chance to evaluate a group of 14 recruits (from 2021-2023 classes) including Ashlon Jackson, Sammie Wagner, and Aaliyah Moore. I really like how highly he regards Ashlon's ability and tenacity on the defensive end:

View attachment 55447

I like Jackson, if UConn was to miss out on Fudd some how, Jackson in the 2022 class wouldn’t be a bad pick up at all, she sounds like she could be a great shooter from deep, that’s if she doesn’t pick Texas

Carnac

Reaction Score

View attachment 55447

I've been signing her praises for the past year and a half. She indicated in the video below, that if she had to choose "right now", she'd pick UConn. I'd love for her to maintain THAT mindset until the day she signs her letter of intent (LOI). I'd love to have her in our program for 4 years. She would be a HUGE asset to the team. She'd be a perfect fit and a great teammate upon arrival. She'd be a mentor, leader, and role model to those coming in behind her. I'm sitting on the front row of her cheering section hoping she comes to Storrs. :D There's room for more if anyone cares to join me. ;) How can you not like a young lady like this, especially if she's willing (and does) to play defense? If she's not UConn material, I don't know who is. :rolleyes:

For those of you that may not know who she is, please take a moment to meet her in the video below:

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I like Jackson, if UConn was to miss out on Fudd some how, Jackson in the 2022 class wouldn’t be a bad pick up at all, she sounds like she could be a great shooter from deep, that’s if she doesn’t pick Texas

You can believe the BIG 3 Texas schools (Texas, Texas A&M & Baylor) will pressing her HARD for a commitment. She's currently ranked #19 in ESPN's HoopGurlz class of 2022. I hope UConn presses her just as hard. :D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've been signing her praises for the past year and a half. She indicated in the video below, that if she had to choose "right now", she'd pick UConn. I'd love for her to maintain THAT mindset until the day she signs her letter of intent (LOI). I'd love to have her in our program for 4 years. She would be a HUGE asset to the program. She'd be a great teammate and leader, and a great mentor to those coming in behind her. I'm sitting on the front row of her cheering section. :D There's room for more if you'd care to join me. ;) How can you not like a young lady like this? Especially because she plays defense. :rolleyes:

For those of you that may not know who she is, please take a moment to meet her in the video below:

UConn and Lynx. Listen to your coaches, work on what they say you should do and hit the books. See a theme. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins plays St. Paul Como Park in October 2019 Fall League Game

Paige enters at 3:37.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members