Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sorry, did not know this was protected

Geno Auriemma was one of the biggest names not in attendance. Instead, UConn was

Other notable players on teams that Dailey or Russell watched are Chloe Briggs, Mikayla Blakes, Kennedy Smith, Kaleigh Heckel, Aaliyah Chavez and Grace Knox.

Thank you.

Very valuable information too though I wonder how he knows exactly who they were watching. He mentions Cy Fair and Aniya Foy which makes sense, but that squad also has Ayla McDowell who now has a UConn connection.

Mikayla Blakes is the new name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Sorry, did not know this was protected

Other notable players on teams that Dailey or Russell watched are Chloe Briggs, Mikayla Blakes, Kennedy Smith, Kaleigh Heckel, Aaliyah Chavez and Grace Knox.
My hopes of adding Delaney Thomas to the 2023 recruiting class are dwindling :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Couple other things interesting about that list of players UConn apparently watched in Chicago.

We've known they had interest in Katie Fiso but continuing to scout her makes it pretty clear UConn is still looking into '24 point guards despite KK Arnold's presence. Cambridge, Berry, and Prince are others still in the mix.

The continued interest in Jordyn Griggs with both Madison Booker still uncommitted and Qadence Samuels in the fold is the other.

Reaction Score
Thank you.

Very valuable information too though I wonder how he knows exactly who they were watching. He mentions Cy Fair and Aniya Foy which makes sense, but that squad also has Ayla McDowell who now has a UConn connection.

Mikayla Blakes is the new name.

In the report he said he was reporting on what he observed, UConn coaches actually watching recruits/games. I believe he stated that there were other players that may have been in those games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do not copy and paste subscription only material to the Boneyard. You want to get us sued?

Reaction Score
Couple other things interesting about that list of players UConn apparently watched in Chicago.

We've known they had interest in Katie Fiso but continuing to scout her makes it pretty clear UConn is still looking into '24 point guards despite KK Arnold's presence. Cambridge, Berry, and Prince are others still in the mix.

The continued interest in Jordyn Griggs with both Madison Booker still uncommitted and Qadence Samuels in the fold is the other.
Looks like possibly some insurance at PG and that they don’t see Shade playing it. That would be why I’d get Prince if possible for her size and ability to play both P and SG. As for Griggs, not sure there. She’s like a clone of Samuels so I can only assume GA wants two wings and knows Booker isn’t one of them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Looks like possibly some insurance at PG and that they don’t see Shade playing it. That would be why I’d get Prince if possible for her size and ability to play both P and SG. As for Griggs, not sure there. She’s like a clone of Samuels so I can only assume GA wants two wings and knows Booker isn’t one of them.

Shade's going to play the 2. That I would bet anything on.

Maybe Griggs would be seen as a real good backup at 2 and 3. She's athletic, quick, and supposedly a good defender.

Reaction Score

Maybe Griggs would be seen as a real good backup at 2 and 3. She's athletic, quick, and supposedly a good defender.
Totally agree -- KK and Shade at the 1 & 2, and running the full court press together with Puff.

Reaction Score

I found 17 minutes of Griggs. Very similar to Samuels. Maybe handles the ball better but really comparable skills.

Reaction Score
Hasn't been mentioned as a UConn target yet, but that could quickly change.

Shaq's daughter 6'3" versatile forward Me'arah O'Neal skyrockets to #2 ranking for '24 by ASGR after EYBL tournament. Compared her game to Katie Lou Samuelson. Was unranked before this and only #59 by ESPN.

Reaction Score
Hasn't been mentioned as a UConn target yet, but that could quickly change.

Shaq's daughter 6'3" versatile forward Me'arah O'Neal skyrockets to #2 ranking for '24 by ASGR after EYBL tournament. Compared her game to Katie Lou Samuelson. Was unranked before this and only #59 by ESPN.

Truly a shocking jump at ASGR. Kind of hard to fathom how Shaq's daughter could be off the radar or relatively undiscovered. Equally surprising is how she is compared to Katie Lou. I guess the free throw shooting genes skipped a generation! Ha!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
I have been waiting for an update and posts about one of my favorite players, Olivia Olson. Seems she has dropped off the face of BB coverage. Any info and updates would be appreciated. Love all the AAU tourney updates. gives us a whole new group of perspective POI's to follow. I'm giving a wink and nod to Ms. Shaq, anyway interested in who you all have as your new top three POI's and potential recruits. Please help educate me, too many new names for me to keep straight.
:cool:

Reaction Score
Here's why I like '24 Olivia Olson. I saw a local TV news interview with her (I think after 9th grade) and when asked how she was spending her summer, she described a business she'd started. This kid is all industry.

Also like '23 Delaney Thomas -- 6'3", but a big 6'3" -- kids bounce off her, and she's clearly the anchor of her HS team.

And '24 Blanca Thomas, though she's gonna be hard to pry loose from the Carolinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Klm.0606

Top Bottom