July Live Period | Page 3 | The Boneyard

July Live Period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like we are new to his recruiting
We were recruiting him at Hoophall but it's been crickets since. He's a monster though.

Hoophall Thread

This really confuses me. The only player I'd think is worth recruiting on either team that isn't committed elsewhere is Jaylen Hoard. And nobody has ever mentioned us with him. Ollie missed one of Carey's games, so I would think there's a justifiable reason.

Reaction Score
It's harder for our social media wizards to be on top of him because he plays on the Adidas circuit. Much less reported on.

We seemed to be after him very recently is all we know, I believe

Did we watch Dort at all?

Reaction Score
We were recruiting him at Hoophall but it's been crickets since. He's a monster though.

Hoophall Thread

This really confuses me. The only player I'd think is worth recruiting on either team that isn't committed elsewhere is Jaylen Hoard. And nobody has ever mentioned us with him. Ollie missed one of Carey's games, so I would think there's a justifiable reason.

Thanks I will ask around

Reaction Score

There were only two 17u games at Nike yesterday. Oakland Soldiers v E1T1 and CP3 v Takeover.

I wouldn't read too much into them being there (i.e Emmitt Williams). Just scouting young talent.

KO was all over the place. We are clearly prioritizing guys on other circuits.

Wednesday: KO was somewhere in the DMV at a small AAU tournament scouting Matthew Balanc.

Chill was at Nike watching Mucius, Carey and at this point Iggy is probably the focus on CIA Bounce.

My guess is Kill was at Adidas and Ricky at UA. I think Ricky has be following Elijah Weaver all summer.

Thursday: KO and DK at Nike. Guessing Chill at Adidas or some tournament in ATL called Elite32. Again, I don't think Ricky has left Under Armour all summer.

Friday: I saw a pic of KO at Adidas. Chill/Kill at Nike.

Saturday: Chill/Kill at Nike. Guessing KO at UA and/or Adidas but no idea.

All these tournaments are within an hour of each other so obviously KO and staff might be hitting up multiple events each day.

Top targets on Nike are pretty obvious: Carey, Mucius, Carrigan, Iggy and Reddish.

Adidas: My guess is Montez Mathis. Under Armour: Sounds like Weaver.

Despite there being more AAU reporters then ever on twitter much less info then ever is being reported. Who they're watching at Adidas and UA is very much a mystery.

KO missing a full slate of games at Nike on Wednesday (maybe he caught a couple night games) to watch Matthew Balanc says a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if he's offered soon.

Reaction Score
There were only two 17u games at Nike yesterday. Oakland Soldiers v E1T1 and CP3 v Takeover.

I wouldn't read too much into them being there (i.e Emmitt Williams). Just scouting young talent.

KO was all over the place. We are clearly prioritizing guys on other circuits.

Wednesday: KO was somewhere in the DMV at a small AAU tournament scouting Matthew Balanc.

Chill was at Nike watching Mucius, Carey and at this point Iggy is probably the focus on CIA Bounce.

My guess is Kill was at Adidas and Ricky at UA. I think Ricky has be following Elijah Weaver all summer.

Thursday: KO and DK at Nike. Guessing Chill at Adidas or some tournament in ATL called Elite32. Again, I don't think Ricky has left Under Armour all summer.

Friday: I saw a pic of KO at Adidas. Chill/Kill at Nike.

Saturday: Chill/Kill at Nike. Guessing KO at UA and/or Adidas but no idea.

All these tournaments are within an hour of each other so obviously KO and staff might be hitting up multiple events each day.

Top targets on Nike are pretty obvious: Carey, Mucius, Carrigan, Iggy and Reddish.

Adidas: My guess is Montez Mathis. Under Armour: Sounds like Weaver.

Despite there being more AAU reporters then ever on twitter much less info then ever is being reported. Who they're watching at Adidas and UA is very much a mystery.

KO missing a full slate of games at Nike on Wednesday (maybe he caught a couple night games) to watch Matthew Balanc says a lot. Wouldn't be surprised if he's offered soon.

Thanks for doing all this!

I'm surprised were back on the elijah weaver train. I believe we were a "leader" at one point, but figured we were out on him. Good to hear! I like his game a lot.

Any reason why less info? Are the circuits cracking down on journalists or something?

Reaction Score

Bio on him is here, c/0 2018 says he has a 35" vert which becomes apparent quickly on the game film. Judging by his offer list at the moment, it looks like he is flying under the radar and must be a late comer.

From watching the game tape, I like what I see.

HIGH FLYER Matt Balanc Summer League Highlights!

Reaction Score
Matthew Balanc plays with ferocity and is a big strong point guard with crazy athleticism. Very underrated and not even ranked by most services. Kid is definitely a top 100 player.

Elijah Weaver does not play like a point guard. The guy is a shooting guard really. We should be recruiting him as a shooting guard. Dort is in the Rodney Purvis mold. Not really a point guard either.

PS: Carey and Balanc should be our main point guard priorities.

Reaction Score
I think Ricky has be following Elijah Weaver all summer.

KO spending a lot of time outside of Nike, Ricky's GA roots and this article by Bossi:

lead me to believe we were heavy on him.
As far as I can tell, Ricky has been all over the Under Armor Circuit. Maybe prioritizing the big man on Weaver's team.

Either way, Jimbo by me.

Reaction Score
Jimbo by me?

Does [Bernie] "Feyene" now translate to "Jimbo" [Boeheim] on this site?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Thanks for doing all this!

I'm surprised were back on the elijah weaver train. I believe we were a "leader" at one point, but figured we were out on him. Good to hear! I like his game a lot.

Any reason why less info? Are the circuits cracking down on journalists or something?
I believe last year the NCAA passed a rule that media and coaches were not allowed to mingle during these events so they can't get out to their mouthpieces who they are recruiting. At least that's my guess.

Reaction Score
Watched Isiah tonight in Kc. Wake forrest was all over him. Good player and I hope we land him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom