July Live Period | Page 2 | The Boneyard

July Live Period

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have UK or Duke been on Shittu? 247 says no, but they're not always reliable.
Since he's grown ancpuple inches I imagine they will.

Love this kids game and it is the kind of skill set good NBA teams are craving these days. 6'10 Kids who pass like that are not common

Reaction Score
Chill watching Emmitt Williams

Have we been connected with him before?

I've watched him play before. Really like his game.

A little undersized 4 (more years in college!), but is a really active player on the boards and defense. Can stroke the 3 nicely. Very well built for his age. Plays for IMG academy, a basketball powerhouse. He's been playing quote well in the EYBL

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Have we been connected with him before?

I've watched him play before. Really like his game.

A little undersized 4 (more years in college!), but is a really active player on the boards and defense. Can stroke the 3 nicely. Very well built for his age. Plays for IMG academy, a basketball powerhouse. He's been playing quote well in the EYBL
Not that I know of, but had it confirmed we are recruiting him. No idea how hard or how long it's been happening.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I am hearing he will be a top 10 kid by the end of the summer or top 5. Kid has an amazing high ceiling
Crazy athlete, would be shocked if one of the big boys doesn't land him.

Reaction Score
Looks like we are new to his recruiting

Honestly, I think his game might be more in line with Uconn than Simi. Both are kind of pipe dreams... but

With our two-guard offense, sometimes 3, the need for a 4-man who can handle the ball (simi) isn't so great. Really, a banger, rebounder and lob buddy who can stretch the floor for drives is better (williams).

Maybe Simis recruitment is a signal were going after a different style of offense?

That being said, if 5 star talent comes calling, you better adapt your system for them. :)

Reaction Score
Looks like we are new to his recruiting

I'm actually ok with this...this might sound crazy to some, but we need to start acting like a blue blood program again. While I realize the staff likes to cast a wide net and see what we can get, we need to interact with these 5 star guys like IF you continue to impress us you MIGHT get an offer from UCONN so you could have the opportunity of being the next Kemba or RIP or Ray. Part of the reason Kentucky gets every damn kid they want is because they've established this thought that they don't just give out offers to anyone...only the best of the best.

Now for those of you who think I'm crazy, I think we can do this with the 5 star guys while still putting in the time and work with the 4 star guys. We need to start treating our program commensurate with the history of the past 20 years. No other program has won 4 titles in that time. We may have had a couple of down years but we are still a blue blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom