July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who was South Carolina's PF when they won their title?
When ND won their title, who was their PF?
Not arguing.
There is three championships among the two team you reference. In each of those championships games a PF was the best player. A’ja Wilson, Jessica Shepard and Ruth Riley.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Both are 2022's. Neither have public lists yet. Bolin is not that far from Connecticut and has been to several games.
Vanslooten says she wants to play where her family can see her. I don't know where she lives.

Reaction Score
For the record I offered zero opinion on where I thought Edwards would play cause I’ve never seen her play (and honestly doubt you have either) aside from some useless mixtapes so I’m not sure why you even went off on that entire tangent. I find you really condescending and frankly downright annoying do rather then continue this I’m just gonna if it’s you and move on with my day.
Those positions listed are from the players themselves and I would include the heights coming from the players too.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Vanslooten says she wants to play where her family can see her. I don't know where she lives.

Portsmouth is in southern Ohio, almost into Kentucky. Ohio State and University of Kentucky are about two hours away, Louisville about three. (Notre Dame over five.)

She looks like a player. All three would love to have her, I'm sure.

Walz should be able to sell it. I'm sure he will try. Probably already started.

Reaction Score
There is three championships among the two team you reference. In each of those championships games a PF was the best player. A’ja Wilson, Jessica Shepard and Ruth Riley.

No.

Wilson won the title as the center.
Shepard was the center Westbeld was the PF.

Are you suggesting Ruth Riley was a pf?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No.
Wilson won the title as the center.
Shepard was the center Westbeld was the PF.
Are you suggesting Ruth Riley was a pf?
Not suggesting anything just trying to educate you. It doesn't work that way. You don't take a player out of the position they have played all season and stick then into a different position because of an injury as you are implying SC did with Wilson in the Championship game. A'Ja Wilson was a power forward at SC except for the first three game of her career when Dawn had to prove to her that she was not a guard.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Portsmouth is in southern Ohio, almost into Kentucky. Ohio State and University of Kentucky are about two hours away, Louisville about three. (Notre Dame over five.)

She looks like a player. All three would love to have her, I'm sure.

Walz should be able to sell it. I'm sure he will try. Probably already started.

VanSlooten is from northwest Ohio, near Toledo.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
VanSlooten is from northwest Ohio, near Toledo.

My bad. Where did I get Portsmouth?

Notre Dame is within three hours, Ohio State and Michigan State also within driving distance.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Minnetonka - December 2017

Early in Paige's sophomore season. Paige was aggressive at the start but was 3/10 from the field at one point. She'd go 9/12 thereafter to finish 12/22 (6-6 FT) for 30 points, 6 assists, and 6 steals.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
#4 St. Louis Park vs #1 Hopkins Girls Basketball 6AAAA Semi-Final 3/3/18

Sectional semifinal from Paige's sophomore season, and she was everywhere. Highlight-reel plays galore as Paige finished with 25 points, 10 assists, and 7 steals.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Not suggesting anything just trying to educate you. It doesn't work that way. You don't take a player out of the position they have played all season and stick then into a different position because of an injury as you are implying SC did with Wilson in the Championship game. A'Ja Wilson was a power forward at SC except for the first three game of her career when Dawn had to prove to her that she was not a guard.
I remember when Kareem was hurt for the lakers in the last game of the NBA finals, so they had their point guard play the post. Sometimes you do what you have to do.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At that point 6'9" was small for a 5 in the NBA. Your quibbling. Johnson had zero experience at the 5 and yet was the best player of the game.
In that game, Magic matched up with two 6'11" Philadelphia 76ers post players, Caldwell Jones and Daryl Dawkins. While both were decent players, neither were considered top centers in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom