Josh Carlton Transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton Transferring

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
As mentioned, I don't think it's his best move. However, Pitt was one of the first four teams to get in contact, and the biggest "name", so I'll pat myself on the back for that call.

I'll add that Panther-Lair's main BB board has been wildly entertaining the past few weeks.

I truly can’t stand Pitt fans so I try not to indulge their garbage, but I have enjoyed the pretzel they’re twisting themselves into to chalk up the transfers as just normal. I hope Capel stays for a long time and just runs that thing further into the ground.

Reaction Score
Clemson and NC State would be interesting fits
I disagree.

At Clemson, he'd have trouble finding PT with top-50 prospect and upcoming 6'9 220 sophomore PJ Hall and incoming 6'10 220 top-100 prospect Lynn Kidd coming in. Good fit if he wants to stay home, play in a great conference and play a similar role to what he had this year, but he isn't super needed for PT.

At NC State, he'd play behind Manny Bates. Same opinion on what I stated above.

If we're sticking to the ACC, I like Georgia Tech as a fit.

Moses Wright is graduating and their other bigs are unproven. Rodney Howard is a Georgia transfer and backed up Wright this year, but only played 7.7 mpg. Incoming senior David Didenko doesn't play and their two incoming sophomore bigs looks more like projects. Their '21 haul is very good but does not include any bigs.

That makes Carlton a perfect one-year flier for GT to have security at the 5 spot while still allowing the younger bigs to fight for PT and declare themselves as potential long-term solutions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
simon cowell facepalm GIF

Reaction Score
I always liked Josh. I hope he finds a great fit, plays big minutes, and enjoys his extra season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom