2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Riley committing by August? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Riley committing by August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You don’t get this generation - thankfully our coaching staff and not you are doing our recruiting.

I don't think taking kids to Blaze is a bad idea at some point on the visit and getting them to think about their capital B Brand, getting to the next level, and being an entrepreneur, and especially how UConn can help with those things.

I do know that those ideas aren't exactly a unique pitch among college coaches, and that that specific fast food pizzeria which has 300 locations and in most of the cities our recruits come from is not a game changer enough to say it's a fundamental part of our recruiting strategy itself, lol, even just as a buzzword.

And I'm closer to recruits age than to your age.

Reaction Score
How’s the pizza at Blaze anyway? That’s a legitimate question.

As for the topic, the silence of insiders has been quite noticeable on all of the 2021 kids. I don’t see that as good or bad. It’s just an observation. Riley leaning toward St. John’s could mean they really love Mike Anderson, or maybe we think we’re in good shape with another option.

Reaction Score
As for the topic, the silence of insiders has been quite noticeable on all of the 2021 kids. I don’t see that as good or bad. It’s just an observation. Riley leaning toward St. John’s could mean they really love Mike Anderson, or maybe we think we’re in good shape with another option.
Has made the threads much more tolerable, but weaning off my fix of recruiting news has me itchin hard.

C

Chief00

I don't think taking kids to Blaze is a bad idea at some point on the visit and getting them to think about their capital B Brand, getting to the next level, and being an entrepreneur, and especially how UConn can help with those things.

I do know that those ideas aren't exactly a unique pitch among college coaches, and that that specific fast food pizzeria which has 300 locations and in most of the cities our recruits come from is not a game changer enough to say it's a fundamental part of our recruiting strategy itself, lol, even just as a buzzword.

And I'm closer to recruits age than to your age.

Trust in Chief.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
This could very well be as I have not see him in person, nor am I an insider. He looks great on tape, a game changing type of player. Grant it, the highlights can and often are deceptive. Would love to see a full game to get a sense of his overall ability.
Game observations
By the way I watched a couple of games from earlier in the year. I didn't detect a loose handle. As many have said, this kid is incredibly explosive and concerns of a loose handle and lack of a J are overstated. His stroke is decent, better than AJ and his handles are solid.

His guard skill development is a bit limited w/in Brentwood's system. At times he's positioned in the high post limiting opportunities to create in open space.

As you've seen Jordan is creative in open space. Not quick and shifty like Bouk but uses physicality and quickness to get to where he wants.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

How’s the pizza at Blaze anyway? That’s a legitimate question.

In my my opinion, kids are looking for a fun experience; not the perfect pizza.

Reaction Score
In my my opinion, kids are looking for a fun experience; not the perfect pizza.
Remind me how playing at a commuter school and half your games in a high school gym fun?

Reaction Score
So we are on the outside looking in on him? He’d be a really good get

The prevailing thought is that he's a heavy SJU lean. I do think we are probably second based on what I've read, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't SJU at this point.

Reaction Score
The prevailing thought is that he's a heavy SJU lean. I do think we are probably second based on what I've read, but I'd be very surprised if it isn't SJU at this point.

Normally I'd be next without Zionn but him not replying and the Sanogo win give me cross our fingers hope!

Reaction Score
Normally I'd be next without Zionn but him not replying and the Sanogo win give me cross our fingers hope!

He also never nexted Trey Patterson and he announced Nova as expected. I don't remember the last time a kid who was rumored to go somewhere else set an announcement date, and ended up surprising us and choosing UConn.

Reaction Score
1595512194172.png

Next...

Rankings aren't everything, but not heartbroken over a player ranked #148.

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score

I haven't been following his recruitment at all and I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere: other than being in his top 5, how involved are we? Is there any chance it's us?

Reaction Score
I haven't been following his recruitment at all and I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere: other than being in his top 5, how involved are we? Is there any chance it's us?

This is an extremely interesting tweet. There was also a comment when he was setting the announcement date that he was going to choose the best school "for him"...sort of insinuated that maybe he was getting pressure in another direction (i.e. his dad pushing him to SJU due to relationship w Anderson), but maybe his head was in a different place. I'd still be surprised if it isn't SJU, but again, a very interesting tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom