Jordan Horston | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Tennessee did not have Deshields. She left before the arrival of Westbrook, Hayes, Davis and Kushkituah. It was Nared and Russell as seniors with Cheridene Green a JC transfer, Meme Jackson a junior with limited experience and 3 of the freshmen with no experience who played the majority of minutes last season.
Thanks for the correction. I was thinking they had Nared, Russell, and Deshields and still did not get as far as the FF with them. Maybe if Deshields had played last season they would have. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
There is a lot of crowing and excitement from Tennessee on this player.... and there certainly should be.... a very nice addition to the fold in Knoxville..... it certainly will make things more exciting there the next few years.....

I have said many times that although I bristle whenever I think of Pat's attempted takedown of our program, I having no pejorative feelings for the Lady Vols.... in fact i feel badly for them in what they have had to endure the past several years.....

I like to look at the facts..... (much in the same way as I did in the referenced Pat official complaint a dozen years ago)..... Jordan Horston is a wonderful player with special gifts. She will help the Lady Vols.

But here is my opinion. With the present coaching staff at UT, for the LVs to push the needle forward, the program needs a transcendent player..... a Holdsclaw, a Candace Parker. I do not think Horston is this type of player who can throw the whole team on her back.... What i mean is, Chamique and Candace could shine without much coaching if they had to.... I have heard the argument many times that Pat was starting to feel the affects of her horrible disease when Parker won her 2 natties.

I would ask our Tennessee posters and fans..... I do understand the excitement of her commitment..... it is a happy day for you....but.....what exactly do you expect to come out of this? We have seen in recent years Burdick, Massengale, Nared, Russell, Stricklen, DeShields, Westbrook, etc.... rate very high coming out of high school and still not be able to move the needle.... at least to the point of even getting to a Final Four..... whereas teams with much less roster talent, absence of McDonalds team members..... but talented coaching staffs.... have made it that far

For the LV cynics, of course, in a twisted way this may be great, because it will insulate Holly's good (but not great) record and reward her with contract renewals for achieving the Sweet 16 or Elite 8.... WCBB success is predicated by the head coach, and then a complete PG who is skilled in components required in the job description and coached in those components....

Haven't seen that in LV land the last decade.... will it change? The jury is out. As it stands now, I do not think so but we will see

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Though this was worth reposting in this thread also.

" This decision is hard enough. It is absolutely sad to see adults bashing teenagers because they did not choose to commit to the school of their liking. At the end of the day we can only choose ONE school. Someone is going to be unhappy so keep It to yourselves."
Rickea Jackson.

Reaction Score
Though this was worth reposting in this thread also.

" This decision is hard enough. It is absolutely sad to see adults bashing teenagers because they did not choose to commit to the school of their liking. At the end of the day we can only choose ONE school. Someone is going to be unhappy so keep It to yourselves."
Rickea Jackson.

I think that Horston got a bunch of complaining/negative responses to her choice of Tennessee on her social media pages............certainly anyone who voices there displeasure directly to any teenager really has serious issues.................discussing a recruiting choice in a respectful manner on a college sports forum is a totally different matter in my opinion............

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think that Horston got a bunch of complaining/negative responses to her choice of Tennessee on her social media pages..certainly anyone who voices there displeasure directly to any teenager really has serious issues.......discussing a recruiting choice in a respectful manner on a college sports forum is a totally different matter in my opinion..

So sad to hear that. That is just disgusting and intolerable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1) Jordan is a gifted passer, recall that she led U17 team in assist playing the SF/PF position. Davis had 57 assists for the season, I expect Jordan to have that many assist in her first 10 games and maintain that average 5.7 for the entire season.
So her first year at TN you expect her to to be in the top 5 all time season assist leaders? Up there with Marciniak, Massengale and Warlick?

That's asking a lot don't you think?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So her first year at TN you expect her to to be in the top 5 all time season assist leaders? Up there with Marciniak, Massengale and Warlick? That's asking a lot don't you think?
I didn't think of it in terms of all time TN assist leaders, but yes I think she could do it. 5.7 Assist/Game would have put her around 25th in the NCAA last year.

HGN

Reaction Score
We should be very nervous ... UCONN sadly isn’t the powerhouse anymore... the tide is turning and UCONN isn’t appealing to many recruits as we thought. I sadly think Williams and Ono may be the last top recruits UCONN signs in Genos era.
I disagree.....Jordan was indeed UConn material. As is everyone this distinguished coaching staff targets. Horston just chose to go to Tennessee. Fact is , UConn CANNOT possibly get everyone it targets. The Huskies get some and they lose some. It's called the business of WCBB Recruiting. NO PROGRAM gets every player they target. Never have , and never will.

No tide is turning as you state....Great players attend UConn , just like great players attend other schools as well. As a matter of fact , I doubt that you could find 5 WCBB programs in the country that would not love to have UConn's track record in Championships and/or recruiting.

Reaction Score
Sorry that Horston got a load of crap for choosing her school..... no young person deserves that.... I wish her all the success coming to her..... young lives should be enveloped around growth.... and it is too bad if ancillary forces try and bring her down

Reaction Score
Horston took all 5 visits. Made unofficials to multiple schools and took her time deciding where she wanted to go. She felt at home at Tennessee and personally I see her fitting in there far more than any other school. I know we shouldn’t look to much into social media but she followed almost every player on TN roster, Maria Cornelius and the lady vol Instagram account a couple days before she committed. More times than not you can tell where these kids are headed via social media, times have changed.

Reaction Score
I didn't think of it in terms of all time TN assist leaders, but yes I think she could do it. 5.7 Assist/Game would have put her around 25th in the NCAA last year.

I find myself agreeing with you on almost every subject in this forum. Here's the one that makes it almost.
As good as Jordan is, I don't think she will see enough playing time to accumulate such stats. Tennessee will have a slew of sophomores and juniors who play the positions that Jordan is best at (1, 2 and 3).
She would have to average close to 30 minutes a game to get to 5.7 assists per.
I don't see that happening in her freshman year.

Reaction Score
I find myself agreeing with you on almost every subject in this forum. Here's the one that makes it almost.
As good as Jordan is, I don't think she will see enough playing time to accumulate such stats. Tennessee will have a slew of sophomores and juniors who play the positions that Jordan is best at (1, 2 and 3).

frankly I'm far more concerned about UConn's point guard averaging at least 5.7 assists per game this season............she averaged about 4.1 last year and she's going to have to pick up some slack along with the rest of the team

Reaction Score

I agree, but that's an entirely different subject.

Reaction Score
So sad to hear that. That is just disgusting and intolerable.

Stop it! Let's not go crazy here! Describing a kid getting a little push back online is hardly "disgusting or intolerable". Would I do it? No. Is it the classy thing to do? No, but it is not "disgusting" or "intolerable". Whether they like it or not, these kids are in the spotlight. With all the complements, fame, and notoriety they get also comes the criticism, fair or not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Stop it! Let's not go crazy here! Describing a kid getting a little push back online is hardly "disgusting or intolerable". Would I do it? No. Is it the classy thing to do? No, but it is not "disgusting" or "intolerable". Whether they like it or not, these kids are in the spotlight. With all the complements, fame, and notoriety they get also comes the criticism, fair or not.
Think you are talk about two different things here @TitleTown.
The pushback from some here on the BY about her choice of TN such as the one that class her "delusional" might be considered "Not classy".
What @Charliebball described: "a bunch of complaining/negative responses to her choice of Tennessee on her social media pages." is both disgusting and intolerable because that is adults attacking a teenager's decision.

Reaction Score
Think you are talk about two different things here @TitleTown.
The pushback from some here on the BY about her choice of TN such as the one that class her "delusional" might be considered "Not classy".
What @Charliebball described: "a bunch of complaining/negative responses to her choice of Tennessee on her social media pages." is both disgusting and intolerable because that is adults attacking a teenager's decision.
Curious. At what point does this thread become pointless and end? My vote would have been about Post 100 - now well over 400.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Sorry. Intolerable and disgusting to ,me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Curious. At what point does this thread become pointless and end? My vote would have been about Post 100 - now well over 400.
It no different than anyone other thread where each poster is free to post or read based on interest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom