Jordan Bruner to Transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jordan Bruner to Transfer

Reaction Score
i didn't realize we were operating in the Kentucky/Kansas recruiting stratosphere already! first Hurley's recruiting over his prized top 75 freshmen before he even sets foot on campus (nolley over AJ) while also offering two players the same scholly (bruner and etienne)

i'm not opposed just surprised. good times.
Bringing in Nolley isn’t recruiting of Jackson........ and every competent coach recruits more than one player for one scholly. It creates pressure. First come first serve

Reaction Score
i didn't realize we were operating in the Kentucky/Kansas recruiting stratosphere already! first Hurley's recruiting over his prized top 75 freshmen before he even sets foot on campus (nolley over AJ at SF) while also offering two players the same scholly (bruner and etienne)

i'm not opposed just surprised. good times.
I hope we just offer 1 scholarship at a time, I'd hate for our players to feel insulted and risk having multiple good players on one team

Reaction Score
Bringing in Nolley isn’t recruiting of Jackson........
AJ wouldn't get 10 mins a game with nolley starting at SF and with bouk, bruner, polley, and akok also on the roster.

Reaction Score
I hope we just offer 1 scholarship at a time, I'd hate for our players to feel insulted and risk having multiple good players on one team
there's a difference between recruiting multiple players for a single scholly and accepting multiple commitments for a single scholly, as you outlined above.

Reaction Score
there's a difference between recruiting multiple players for a single scholly and accepting multiple commitments for a single scholly, as you outlined above.

If you can read the way the wind is blowing, you can see that there would be spots for both Nolley and Bruner. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
If you can read the way the wind is blowing, you can see that there would be spots for both Nolley and Bruner. It is what it is.
if you reread this string of posts youll see that isn't my concern. i agree we'll have 2 schollys available for 2020. i was just trying to point out 2 things. first, i don't think hurley wants 2 forwards (obviously he'll take the best 2 available if that's nolley and bruner) but i'd be worried about AJ. second, bruner's draft status might complicate things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
if you reread this string of posts youll see that isn't my concern. i agree we'll have 2 schollys available for 2020. i was just trying to point out 2 things. first, i don't think hurley wants 2 forwards (obviously he'll take the best 2 available if that's nolley and bruner) but i'd be worried about AJ. second, bruner's draft status might complicate things.
You really think Hurley is going to run off Andre Jackson? Come on man.

Reaction Score
I mean I watched Bruners highlights - he is deff decent - I’m not jumping out of my skin after watching that highlight tape but he will be a good fit for us.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I mean I watched Bruners highlights - he is deff decent - I’m not jumping out of my skin after watching that highlight tape but he will be a good fit for us.

he had by far the best bpm of the core group of transfers are apparently looking at.

Reaction Score
he had by far the best bpm of the core group of transfers are apparently looking at.
Ok fair enough. Just my initial opinion off the bat watching that tape.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ok fair enough. Just my initial opinion off the bat watching that tape.

his value is very defense heavy. Although his outside shot seemed to improve to right around the national average despite the move back this year. That’s a good sign.

he also averaged 1.7 blocks and a steal per game.

he’s not going to be a star. But he can play a stretchy 4 and provide size and defense with that 4 spot.

but the caveat on bpa that Yale’s SOS was actually negative.

Reaction Score
his value is very defense heavy. Although his outside shot seemed to improve to right around the national average despite the move back this year. That’s a good sign.

he also averaged 1.7 blocks and a steal per game.

he’s not going to be a star. But he can play a stretchy 4 and provide size and defense with that 4 spot.

but the caveat on bpa that Yale’s SOS was actually negative.

I feel like Bruner slots perfectly into the team with a veteran defensive presence. Athletic and mobile.

He slides our existing players into positions to best help the team. Whaley and Carlton into shared time at the 5 with each getting minutes and having the opportunity to take advantage of matchups. Whoever is best will rise to the top. And Javonte Brown Ferguson can come in with 7 footer size and limited expectations. And means Akok doesn't have pressure to come back and immediately return to form in the second semester (if at all next season)

It puts Springs in a backup role instead of starter. Springs may have demonstrated offensive and rebounding skills but we don't know what his defensive skills might bring to the team.

And then the 1-3 positions will work themselves out between Cole, Gaffney, Bouk, Adams, Jackson, Polley and maybe Nolley or Eaddy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Among the schools that have shown interest, Bruner said Maryland, Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor and Georgetown are “recruiting me the most, or the hardest.”

Reaction Score

Among the schools that have shown interest, Bruner said Maryland, Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor and Georgetown are “recruiting me the most, or the hardest.”

I wondered what to make of this line. Does that mean we’re not recruiting him as hard as other schools? Or since the article already discusses Hurley’s quick interest, is it implied that we’re heavily involved?

Reaction Score
I’m just gonna say If we got Bruner and Griffin...get ready for the second weekend of the tourney.

If we get any one of Nolley/Bruner/Griffin, get ready for the second weekend of the tourney.

Reaction Score
I wondered what to make of this line. Does that mean we’re not recruiting him as hard as other schools? Or since the article already discusses Hurley’s quick interest, is it implied that we’re heavily involved?
yeah impossible not to wonder about that, but no reason he couldnt have listed UConn himself... the question wasnt, what other schools are recruiting you the hardest, besides UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That quote wasn't even from Dom's interview with him, it was from a few days ago so I don't think there was any implied UConn inclusion

Reaction Score
If we get any one of Nolley/Bruner/Griffin, get ready for the second weekend of the tourney.

If Bouknight, Cole, Jackson, & Whaley play to the level we anticipate they will next year, get ready for the second weekend of the tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom