Jordan Bruner to Transfer | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jordan Bruner to Transfer

Reaction Score
We only have 1 scholarship at the moment, and we have a feeling of where that’s gonna go. Honestly would rather have Nolley than Bruner. Like I said before. Hurley would value 3 possible years of Nolley more valuable than a high level grad transfer because I don’t think we are involved with any Bruner type player for 2021
I feel good about Nolley. But he won’t be here for 3 years. He’d most likely be a one and done for us

Reaction Score
just an assumption he's basing on the fact that springs is the closest thing to a true PF on the roster other than akok
Is Isaiah Whaley no longer on the roster?

Reaction Score
I guess I'm the only poster who isn't convinced Nolley won't have to sit out 2020-2021. My interest is based on having a proven contributor to replace an NBA commitment at the end of next season. If Nolley commits and plays next year I'd be thrilled, but I think both Bouknight and Jackson are easily as good players and enough to carry the team. I can't imagine he would actually be NBA material after next year, but he might have a more optimistic view.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
It also needs a one year akok replacement.
Totally dependent on what we have in Springs; which seems to be kind of a mystery to the base.

Reaction Score
It also needs a one year akok replacement.

I agree, but there aren't a whole lot of players with Akok's skill-set out there. Bruner certainly would have been nice. Now I think we just need the most talented forward available. If it's someone who is more of a 3, like Nolley appears to be, then we'll play small at times. Polley can also play the 4 if he's healthy. If Springs can contribute, then he'll certainly have plenty of minutes available. And if the centers are playing well, then Whaley can play the 4 alongside Carlton or Brown-Ferguson. If Brown-Ferguson is ready to help, then that would be huge.

Plenty of people think the next most likely player to transfer would be Wilson for obvious reasons. What I keep wondering is if picking up a quality transfer would make somebody else look into transferring, although I don't know who that might be and don't want to guess at individual situations.

Reaction Score
I would have taken Bruner but I'm not sweating the fact that he's not coming here. I think Hurley not putting on the full court press with him tells us all we need to know. Bigger fish.

Curious to see what Bruner does at a big-time school next year.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley not putting on the full court press with him tells us all we need to know. Bigger fish.
bigger fish, plural? or all our eggs in one basket? every time we don't make someone's final list it's getting justified on the basis of having not made them a priority

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
bigger fish, plural? or all our eggs in one basket? every time we don't make someone's final list it's getting justified on the basis of having not made them a priority

Relax.

Reaction Score

Bruner will decide this week between Baylor, Maryland and Alabama.

My guess: Baylor.

He doesn't need to do much to bolster his pro resume, so if I'm him I go to the school with the best chance to win. Plus, they already have a big of a Yale pipeline with UConn-killer Makai Mason finishing his career at Baylor.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Oats and Bama lock up Bruner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200411-144341_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200411-144341_Chrome.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 156

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Geez for an Ivy League guy I am not sure that was such a good move. I don't see any improvement of getting to the NBA but it does get him to sweet home Alabama

Reaction Score
Not saying Alabama’s a good spot to get him improved chances to the NBA, but Alabama has a chance to win the SEC next year, could be top 25 to start. Bruner slots right into their starting rotation, and is a better fit to how Oats wants to play than what they had last year.

Side note: Oats has already said he is telling some holdovers they may want to look elsewhere. 3 starters declared but if any come back, they need to clear roster space. Oats not playing around, turning that program into his pretty quick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom