Jon Rothstein -- UConn will heavily explore joining another league in the offseason | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jon Rothstein -- UConn will heavily explore joining another league in the offseason

Reaction Score
You know this is all a smoke screen when you read "We are committed to the long-term success of the American Athletic Conference." Give me a break. No one is committed to the long-term success of the AAC other than maybe Tulsa.

Blah, blah, blah.. Boilerplate that could be written by an intern. Of course, they had to put that out there - whether or not any discussions are occurring.

Yeah..and I also know that the only way UConn is talking to the BE is if they either A) drop football to FCS level and try to go back to the CAA or B) Drop it all together. Since I just got s survey as a season ticket holder about tailgating and Benedict just went all in to bring fans back I don't see that happening any time soon.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yeah..and I also know that the only way UConn is talking to the BE is if they either A) drop football to FCS level and try to go back to the CAA or B) Drop it all together. Since I just got s survey as a season ticket holder about tailgating and Benedict just went all in to bring fans back I don't see that happening any time soon.
AAC for football. There is a financial aspect to this where we give a little on the AAC side.

Reaction Score
AAC for football. There is a financial aspect to this where we give a little on the AAC side.
If you leave the AAC they are gonna charge UConn a buyout..and there is no benefit to them saying yeah you can stay as football only. This isn't reality based what so ever!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
If you leave the AAC they are gonna charge UConn a buyout..and there is no benefit to them saying yeah you can stay as football only. This isn't reality based what so ever!
Yes it is. We would take a 50% conference share (as opposed to an 80% conference share for football-only normally), and we pay the buyout over 5 years even though we are still in the conference.

Reaction Score
Yes it is. We would take a 50% conference share (as opposed to an 80% conference share for football-only normally), and we pay the buyout over 5 years even though we are still in the conference.
There is NO WAY the AAC gives up their most valuable programs and allows the football program to stay. You are delusional...although you showed that in your back and forth with me in the hockey thread. Stick to the cesspool!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
There is NO WAY the AAC gives up their most valuable programs and allows the football program to stay. You are delusional..although you showed that in your back and forth with me in the hockey thread. Stick to the cesspool!
Speaking of hockey, when was the last time the NHL was shown on Sportscenter or talked about on ESPN radio? If hockey is SOOO popular and gaining popularity, why does soccer (ESPNFC), NBA, MLB, and NFL have their own shows on ESPN but the NHL does not?

Reaction Score
Speaking of hockey, when was the last time the NHL was shown on Sportscenter or talked about on ESPN radio? If hockey is SOOO popular and gaining popularity, why does soccer (ESPNFC), NBA, MLB, and NFL have their own shows on ESPN but the NHL does not?
The NHL has a network deal with NBC Sports. There for they don't show games on ESPN. The NHL ALSO has their own stand alone network AND Satellite radio channel as well! We can go at this all night long dude. You need to educate yourself on ESPN and their declining subscriber numbers as well.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The NHL has a network deal with NBC Sports. There for they don't show games on ESPN. The NHL ALSO has their own stand alone network AND Satellite radio channel as well! We can go at this all night long dude. You are need to educate yourself on ESPN and their declining subscriber numbers as well.
If you think ESPN is declining because they don't show hockey, you're lost. Hockey is screwed long term. The only people that play it are white kids. The league is 98-99% white. America's demographics are changing away from a white majority. In review, hockey is screwed. You don't think NBC Sports has declining viewership? And the NHL is second in importance to NBC. English Premier League is #1 for them (aside from Sunday Night Football and Notre Dame).

Reaction Score
If you think ESPN is declining because they don't show hockey, you're lost. Hockey is screwed long term. The only people that play it are white kids. The league is 98-99% white. America's demographics are changing away from a white majority. In review, hockey is screwed. You don't think NBC Sports has declining viewership? And the NHL is second in importance to NBC. English Premier League is #1 for them (aside from Sunday Night Football and Notre Dame).
LMFAO..You just showed what a complete moron you are #1...and that you really need to live on the cesspool only! This has to be one of the most racially biased posts regarding a sport I have ever read on here. The NHL is doing just fine...their OWN network and radio channel on Sirius/XM are just fine. You are a moron!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
LMFAO..You just showed what a complete moron you are #1..and that you really need to live on the cesspool only! This has to be one of the most racially biased posts regarding a sport I have ever read on here. The NHL is doing just fine..their OWN network and radio channel on Sirius/XM are just fine. You are a moron!
So stats are now racially baised. Wow.

Reaction Score
So stats are now racially baised. Wow.
No you bring up something TOTALLY out of context and out of line in a conversation that has NOTHING to do with what you posted! Stay on the cesspool you d**k! You are a complete a s s hat!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
No you bring up something TOTALLY out of context and out of line in a conversation that has NOTHING to do with what you posted! Stay on the cesspool you d**k! You are a complete a s s hat!
Actually you brought up the hockey debate from previously. Not me. And you are the one throwing insults. Not me.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Nice try at deflection there sport..
There is NO WAY the AAC gives up their most valuable programs and allows the football program to stay. You are delusional..although you showed that in your back and forth with me in the hockey thread. Stick to the cesspool!
Touche.

Reaction Score
Touche.
I used that as a reference to you being delusional...you used it as a soap box to talk about your personal views on the sport. Nice try there sport. Again you are showing what a complete A s s hat you are! Thanks for playing!

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The NHL has a network deal with NBC Sports. There for they don't show games on ESPN. The NHL ALSO has their own stand alone network AND Satellite radio channel as well! We can go at this all night long dude. You need to educate yourself on ESPN and their declining subscriber numbers as well.
They don't show games on ESPN becasue ESPN didn't think they were worth it. NBC Sports is far inferior in coverage to ESPN. As far as XM, many people don't even have that and the majority that listen to the hockey channel are older.

Reaction Score
They don't show games on ESPN becasue ESPN didn't think they were worth it. NBC Sports is far inferior in coverage to ESPN. As far as XM, many people don't even have that and the majority that listen to the hockey channel are older.
They are doing just fine with their own stand alone network channel A s s hat.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I used that as a reference to you being delusional..you used it as a soap box to talk about your personal views on the sport. Nice try there sport. Again you are showing what a complete A s s hat you are! Thanks for playing!
I know it must be hard that your favorite sport (hockey) is relegated to NBCSN.

Reaction Score
I know it must be hard that your favorite sport (hockey) is relegated to NBCSN.
I watch it on the NHL Network, I also buy the NHL Center Ice package, I watch the Rangers on MSG...listen to NHL radio A s s hat. I'm just fine! On the flip side I can care less about the MLS unless I'm playing for the NYCFC for pre-game festivities during the playoffs.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I watch it on the NHL Network, I also buy the NHL Center Ice package, I watch the Rangers on MSG..listen to NHL radio A s s hat. I'm just fine!
You are, but is hockey? You are a super fan so you can't see straight regarding the issue. The sport is in trouble.

Reaction Score
You are, but is hockey? You are a super fan so you can't see straight regarding the issue. The sport is in trouble.
Take your argument to the hockey board then...I could care less what you think about where hockey is and how well it's doing! From the other stuff you post on here it is all bulls**t and your theories are all fantasy. have a nice day A s s hat

Reaction Score
@shizzle787 I hope you are at least a football season ticket holder with all the nonsense you post here about moving all sports but football to the NBE and keeping football in the AAC (I' still laughing hysterically at your theory there guy).

shizzle787

Reaction Score
@shizzle787 I hope you are at least a football season ticket holder with all the nonsense you post here about moving all sports but football to the NBE and keeping football in the AAC (I' still laughing hysterically at your theory there guy).
No, but I donate to the athletic department, and I watch almost all the games.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You wanna take a CR board one-month ban wager on it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom