John A: Team needs a vocal leader | Page 5 | The Boneyard

John A: Team needs a vocal leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"'Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I wish you wouldn't do that. Clueless, I had to resort to Google. I was purposely forced to read paragraph after paragraph of a WIKI article on Inigo Montoya. No matter how much I wanted to resist, I just had to know. It wasn't worth it. :(

Reaction Score
I wish you wouldn't do that. Clueless, I had to resort to Google. I was purposely forced to read paragraph after paragraph of a WIKI article on Inigo Montoya. No matter how much I wanted to resist, I just had to know. It wasn't worth it. :(

INCONCEIVABLE!

Reaction Score
Husky68 wrote - "Stef - lose some weight and get in better shape, spread that butt and those legs out to make space, move, jump."

Exactly how will spreading one's butt improve defensive posture? Is there a no hands butt spreading technique? If not the defender has both hands occupied in the butt spreading process and won't be able to block shots or rebound.

I don't know about everyones make up, but when I stand with my feet close together like a ballet dancer and reach for the sky my butt kind of sucks in like a French person's face cheeks when they talk (Stefs normal posture, to the point where she sometimes looks like she has one foot on top of the other they are so close); when I spread my feet out like a New Zealand Maori tribesman (kind of the posture I want Stef to take) my butt spreads out.

Reaction Score
Coaches need to help players be as good as they can be, including recognizing when what they want the player to do isn't what that student/athlete can do. Not sure if Geno had heart to heart with Charde about another school, but if didn't maybe should have. No real villan here, Charde didn't come for one day or one semester or one year and leave. She committed to Uconn and stuck with it through good and bad. Geno didn't pull her scholarship. Her playing time went down from 26 to 15 minutes a game from her junior to senior year, lot probably due to how good Maya was even as a freshman. Charde kept at it as far as I could tell on the court up till her final game against Stanford where she had 10 points in 26 minutes.
Purposefully resisted is not a term I would associate with Charde's stay at Uconn, more like "coach missed opportunity to help Charde to reach her FULL potential as a college player" he didn't know how and she couldn't help him 'cause she didn't know how to explain what she was feeling/seeing.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not sure that Geno missed the opportunity. Most of her development was in her own hands.

Reaction Score
Not sure that Geno missed the opportunity. Most of her development was in her own hands.

Are you suggesting that coach A had no responsibility to help Charde develop to her full potential?

Isn't there a thread, today, about the coach cutting practice short because he felt the team wasn't practicing to its full potential? (I assume most BYs would agree that player development and practice are closely related.)

Or was it possible that both coach A and Charde were never quite able to get on the same page vis-a-vis the expectation that Charde may have had about being a player at UConn and that coach A had of Charde being a member of the team?

Peace,

John Fryer

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Are you suggesting that coach A had no responsibility to help Charde develop to her full potential?

Isn't there a thread, today, about the coach cutting practice short because he felt the team wasn't practicing to its full potential? (I assume most BYs would agree that player development and practice are closely related.)

Or was it possible that both coach A and Charde were never quite able to get on the same page vis-a-vis the expectation that Charde may have had about being a player at UConn and that coach A had of Charde being a member of the team?

Peace,

John Fryer
No Charde had particular issues that no one was able to break through. They had less to do with basketball.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No Charde had particular issues that no one was able to break through. They had less to do with basketball.
thats why I dont buy the "purposefully resisting" comment

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Nor does anyone else - except one poster. The one thing I disagree with is the thought that Auriemma didn't know how to deal with it. It wasn't just Auriemma dealing with Houston. I'm sure all of the coaches were involved as were her team mates.

"You can lead a horse to water . . . ." comes to mind. If there was a failure it was Houston's.

Reaction Score
Seems like "purposefully resisting" has no end in sight and it comes down to opinion and those pesky opinions are dismissed by one side or another. Like has been stated, some buy in some do not buy in, just like humans to act in such a fashion.

Reaction Score
Nor does anyone else - except one poster. The one thing I disagree with is the thought that Auriemma didn't know how to deal with it. It wasn't just Auriemma dealing with Houston. I'm sure all of the coaches were involved as were her team mates.

"You can lead a horse to water . . . ." comes to mind. If there was a failure it was Houston's.

oh come now, you could at least name that poster. What evil mean spirited individual would dare have a diverging opinion on such a topic.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Anything related to The Princess Bride is worth it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
oh come now, you could at least name that poster. What evil mean spirited individual would dare have a diverging opinion on such a topic.

I don't know if the dissenter is mean spirited or evil. I do know that they may have a reading comprehension problem.

Reaction Score
I don't know if the dissenter is mean spirited or evil. I do know that they may have a reading comprehension problem.

Might also be that who ever this individual is, said something that was over analyzed out of the general theme of its context by those with no clear understanding of what the initial statement was saying.

If there was a failure it was Houston's. Hmmm sounds a bit like you agree to some degree with what the individual in question was saying... hmmm interesting...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Is this thread going to go anywhere?

Of course it is. Like all 100+ post count threads it will continue to go round and round in circles until a mod gets bored and locks it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Of course it is. Like all 100+ post count threads it will continue to go round and round in circles until a mod gets bored and locks it.
And thus it becomes modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99