Joey California | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Joey California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for you, my point went right over your head.
Nope, I got your point and it's dumb. Joey is getting the same shots he got all of OOC play. If he was making them he'd play, he's not so he doesn't. There's no grand conspiracy going on like you claim

Reaction Score
Nope, I got your point and it's dumb. Joey is getting the same shots he got all of OOC play. If he was making them he'd play, he's not so he doesn't. There's no grand conspiracy going on like you claim
Conspiracy? I never said it or alluded to it. You clearly need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Go find a pi$$ing match somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Before Seton Hall Saturday Adama and Joe C were honored for having passed the 1000 point level. With Richmond out after 7 minutes and Davis not playing I was surprised Joe C did not get 2 minutes. Sometimes coaches lose perspective. I know there are no participation trophies in college sports. It was odd no matter Hurleys excuses.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he has a great family… glad I don’t have to make those decisions… who plays and doesn’t….hope he lights it up tomorrow

Reaction Score
i know it's cherry picking but since georgetown he is 9-44 from the field, 7-27 from 3, 2-17 from 2, and hasn't taken a single free throw. i don't think one dnp-cd is the end of the world all things considered. Hurley's rationale made perfect sense. Tough, physical team. Not an ideal matchup for Joey's skillset. He'll get more chances but at some point, dude has to knock down some shots. The only person on this team that gets better looks than Joey is Andre Jackson

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Does your round about comment mean Joey C was terrific before January 1st? ………….wild.
Kind of? Not sure what's wild about it. We are basically in March. Last time he made a difference was 2 full months ago. It's not because he isn't playing...its because when he's played he's looked bad.

Reaction Score
I'm a big fan of Joey. When he was going during that OOC run, it was the most fun I've had as a fan in a decade.

I have a hunch he goes off and wins us a game in March.
He could, things should be easier for him in the tournament with more space. The Big East is uniquely physical, the rest of the country doesn't play Big East brand of basketball.

Reaction Score
He could, things should be easier for him in the tournament with more space. The Big East is uniquely physical, the rest of the country doesn't play Big East brand of basketball.
It’s amazing how this is true combined with the way the BE reffing is different than other conferences. Sometimes I wonder about this.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
C'mon Joey, walk like a man, finish strong. I believe

Reaction Score
It’s amazing how this is true combined with the way the BE reffing is different than other conferences. Sometimes I wonder about this.
In the years the BigEast performs in March it’s because we’re tougher. Other years we all flame out quick with too many fouls and rock fight offense. This year’s Big East seems very talented, hopefully it’s a good year.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Same.

Purely anecdotal, but the Big East appears to be overrepresented in the "really good at not committing fouls" category. Maybe it's actually because Big East refs are really good at swallowing the whistle?

• Haha
Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Kind of? Not sure what's wild about it. We are basically in March. Last time he made a difference was 2 full months ago. It's not because he isn't playing...it’s because when he's played he's looked bad.
Bad how? I know he’s been missing some shots, but so has the team. Until last night, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom