Joey Calcaterra commits to UConn - San Diego transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joey Calcaterra commits to UConn - San Diego transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just asking - is this the last scholarship for the upcoming season, therefore no more transfers, no reclassing happening?
Just waiting on Stephon Castle to commit early!:D

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Veteran depth piece as a single year rental. Nothing not to like here.
Could you dehumanize the kid any more than this? Perhaps add, "...mostly a bench warmer and a body in paractice ." :confused:

Reaction Score
I mean I’m sure he will technically be on the court at some point, but no chance he is playing meaningful minutes without injuries.
If we play small ball a lot he will be one of two guards being rotated for the starters. I expect Alleyne to start.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Could you dehumanize the kid any more than this? Perhaps add, "...mostly a bench warmer and a body in paractice ." :confused:
The guy who makes jokes about stalking teenagers on visits wants to play moral authority on the descriptors people use for depth pieces on the roster. That’s rich.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Very quick release on his 3. Seems like someone who could have a small but meaningful role.
Yes, reminds me of Rashad in that respect. Maybe with more talent around him and in the NBE he will shine under the lights. Need those heartbreaker guys coming off the bench and nailing threes in your face like Giffey or Rashad. Sometimes turn the game completely around with a couple of bombs.

Reaction Score
Can he fill the role Giffey did when he was here? That level of play that helped UConn do pretty amazing things?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
A solid fill plus maybe the coolest sounding and flowing name on the team.
I like SuperJohn's potential nickname as well "Joey Elevators". Maybe the epic BY thread on the best pizza places in CT helped drag him across the finish line.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can he fill the role Giffey did when he was here? That level of play that helped UConn do pretty amazing things?
Niels was also a great defender so that might be a stretch but just having an effective shooter would be a real plus.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Interesting since I heard on the Boneyard we weren't recruiting actual players anymore and were just offering walk ons as the new strategy

A lot of wisdom found on the WWW, just have to know where to look :)

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
It’s going to maddening to see how many guys are going to be in this rotation. They’re bench will be deep but that doesn’t mean everyone needs to play. I’ll be interested how Hurley handles this.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Welcome Joey, thanks for choosing UConn

Now go win earn your PT. It's all in your hands

Reaction Score
A lot of names that have not yet played with the UCONN jersey on this year. My question is this, which ones am I going to be most pleasantly surprised by?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, this is exactly the time you would expect to pick up a kid like this out of the portal. He is a perfect addition adding functional depth to the team.

Remember last year when people were complaining that Hurley wouldn’t use the portal? He has been absolutely masterful with it this year.

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, this is exactly the time you would expect to pick up a kid like this out of the portal. He is a perfect addition adding functional depth to the team.

Remember last year when people were complaining that Hurley wouldn’t use the portal? He has been absolutely masterful with it this year.
Agreed - not only did he back-fill, he back-filled with pieces that all fit together with the talent and style of play on the roster. Time will tell if it is enough to get us up a rung on the BE and national ladders. I am still hopeful for a lock-down defender that is around/over 6'7" because we don't have one of those and we could certainly use one in spots from time to time (even if they don't score).

Reaction Score
Great add... Veteran who has scored almost 1000 points for a decent mid-major and has some shooting ability. Who knows if he'll play a lot or not, but the more guys we have who can shoot/score, the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom