Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hoiberg and Abdelmassih are transfer kings, and Ntambwe and Abdelmassih are veryyyyy familiar with one another.

Hopefully we get our scholly situation figured out quickly. This could slip away quick.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This is what I've been alluding to about the staff screwing up by allowing 2 cheerleaders to take up two schollies for the next two years. They desperately need to figure this out.
Not trying to call you out, but the 40 times you insisted 1-2 schollies were opening, was that speculation or has something changed?

Reaction Score
Not trying to call you out, but the 40 times you insisted 1-2 schollies were opening, was that speculation or has something changed?
It's based on what I heard during the season. Staff thought they would have more scholarships to get players, my understanding is they're still trying to work it out. Pretty sure Ntambwe would be a Husky already without this headache.

Reaction Score
It's based on what I heard during the season. Staff thought they would have more scholarships to get players, my understanding is they're still trying to work it out. Pretty sure Ntambwe would be a Husky already without this headache.

Don't they have a scholarship open for Ntambwe? Are they just prioritizing a next year guy or keeping it open for Precious?

Reaction Score
Don't they have a scholarship open for Ntambwe? Are they just prioritizing a next year guy or keeping it open for Precious?
It's my understanding the staff wants another center to play next year. Ntambwe was supposed to take a scholarship that would free up but they're having trouble freeing it up.

This is really unfortunate, things remain messy with UConn hoops.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I take this as diarra should be healthy next season
Otherwise i don't know what he's doing.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of pulling scholarships. But at the same time, not a fan of losing. Get us some more talent, Danny.
You have to do what you have to do for the better of the team not individuals. This is college not high school. This coaching staff has to get tough if they want to improve. I see the administration and coaching staff as too soft.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
So much for that @Matrim55 ;) (again).

As always, recruiting is fluid and can be a roller coaster once you get into the details. And if you try not to get into the details - with the Yard, social media and information at your fingertips its harder not to.

Reaction Score
You have to do what you have to do for the better of the team not individuals. This is college not high school. This coaching staff has to get tough if they want to improve. I see the administration and coaching staff as too soft.
Besides the fact that zero diligence was done here, MD has had 3 years free ride. Again, not a fan of pulling scholly's but this experiment and the recruiting for "athletes" mentality is a lodged nail in our coffin and cutting off oxygen. Get skilled players and develop them if you can't get top flight talent. At this point the staff has to being their game, not their name!

Reaction Score
If we have 2 scholarships tied up in MD and IW the next 2 season Hurley will have wasted half of his first contract before he even had a chance to bring in as much talent as he can. The AD needs to get behind the coaches on this and tell them to do what’s best for the program here. UConn cannot afford another 2 years of dog crap because we’re being too nice

Reaction Score
I only trust Chief these days.

Chief say recruit get recruited. Chief say recruit good. Chief know good. Chief love Chief. Chief no love casual fan. Chief say something about Chief. Chief say, all hail Chief. Chief go nap. Zzz. Chief wake up. Chief go grind. Chief order subway grinder five dollar footlong. Chief continue eat grinder. Chief grind is good. Chief love UConn basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom