2019 Recruiting: Joel Ntambwe (UNLV Transfer)

It's my understanding the staff wants another center to play next year. Ntambwe was supposed to take a scholarship that would free up but they're having trouble freeing it up.

This is really unfortunate, things remain messy with UConn hoops.
Well isn't a next year guy, but I'd be very interested for the future center role.

Is there a UConn connection? Lots of guys would be nice but aren't realistic
Yes, he has the same guardian that Chuck Okwandu had and he is really close with Chuck. He was also recruited coming out of high school by Kevin, Hurley and Kimani. He also just took his only OV here during the last live period. We’re definitey in the mix but it’s looking more and more like he may stay.

bill6319

i love kemba more then my sister
I understand how some people feel pulling a scholarship may not be a great look for the program but thats how the college system is set up. You sign a year by year. Other UConn sports like mens soccer take away scholarships and recommend kids to transfer every season

Jordan Brown was a 5* recruit but then he only played 10 minutes per game at Nevada, and 2 minutes in their NCAA tourney game. Would be a strong pickup given what's available, but is he as good as his high school ratings?