Job posting (no joke, guys) | The Boneyard

Job posting (no joke, guys)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I work for an environmental remediation firm here in Florida. The company’s headquarters is in Winter Park but we have offices in Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Windsor NJ. As an essential service - we clean up polluted sites or environmental spills - we never had to shut down last year and our business has actually grown. Our biggest problem isn’t getting work; it’s getting workers. We have a lot of open positions, especially in New Jersey, some of which don’t require a degree or experience; we will provide all necessary training and safety supplies. For certain jobs, relocation reimbursement may be possible. Here is a link to our website’s career page. Non-UConn fans welcome! I’m surrounded by USF/Florida/FSU fans anyway.

If you connect us with someone that is hired by Handex, you get a referral bonus and the new employee gets a signing bonus.

Also, one of the owners of the company has interests in other companies, one of which is an electrical contractor. If interested PM or email me and I’ll pass the info along. The job is in the Orlando area and an electrician’s license is required.

Gotta give it to Florida, there’s no age-ism here. Most companies hire based on merit, not youth. I got a job here after only 6 weeks in the state. And there are perks, like being able to wear shorts and t-shirts in February.

Attachments

• 270062EA-1400-4DB7-9332-9912FC0A6970.jpeg
    270062EA-1400-4DB7-9332-9912FC0A6970.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 153

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I would like to apply. However, please be advised that I would not be available to actually do any work in person - my contribution would be limited to Facetiming into a job site and pointing out icky things that need cleaning and then doing something else while the ick is remediated.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
minus the good weather and tax dollars Florida is a Mad Max movie, I own into DVC, Im in Orlando enough to pop on the news and see whats going on. Thank god Disney closed Pleasure Island to keep those ilk out. :)

But I like your companies mission.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I would like to apply. However, please be advised that I would not be available to actually do any work in person - my contribution would be limited to Facetiming into a job site and pointing out icky things that need cleaning and then doing something else while the ick is remediated.
Ah Fish that would be the regulator's job...

Reaction Score

So you want my job, except as to legal problems.

Reaction Score
Tangent, but I noticed today that Woodstock Academy posted a HS math teaching job today. Could be an interesting place to teach and a fun place to watch basketball!

Reaction Score
I did a job once scrapping tiles off a warehouse floor. Apparently, they were asbestos....No masks or ventilator. Does that qualify me as a toxic waste removal technician??

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Then I shouldn’t tell you what we’re remediating in the Kissimmee area. Let’s just say, it’s not all chemical spills, some job deal with human pollution. I’m not talking about littering

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I did a job once scrapping tiles off a warehouse floor. Apparently, they were asbestos....No masks or ventilator. Does that qualify me as a toxic waste removal technician??

Turns out you and your lungs were toxic chemical collectors.

Reaction Score
Turns out you and your lungs were toxic chemical collectors.
Not as bad as the Native Americans I saw at another place that were working in a bubble to protect others from asbestos, and not given any breathing protection while they worked in it. On top of that the company stiffed them on their pay. There's a special place in hell reserved for that contractor.

As far as my case, I did my research and there's little risk from asbestos tiles and bricks because the asbestos is part of the material. The real danger is loose fibers from the material they used to wrap pipes with.

Reaction Score
It’s thoughtful to post up HuskyNan notwithstanding the chuckleheads. Good on you.

Reaction Score
That’s called a wife

arch

Reaction Score
Me too, except I don’t do the FaceTiming (whatever that is) and I‘m not sure what “remediated” is.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I work for an environmental remediation firm here in Florida. The company’s headquarters is in Winter Park but we have offices in Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Windsor NJ. As an essential service - we clean up polluted sites or environmental spills - we never had to shut down last year and our business has actually grown. Our biggest problem isn’t getting work; it’s getting workers. We have a lot of open positions, especially in New Jersey, some of which don’t require a degree or experience; we will provide all necessary training and safety supplies. For certain jobs, relocation reimbursement may be possible. Here is a link to our website’s career page. Non-UConn fans welcome! I’m surrounded by USF/Florida/FSU fans anyway.

If you connect us with someone that is hired by Handex, you get a referral bonus and the new employee gets a signing bonus.

Also, one of the owners of the company has interests in other companies, one of which is an electrical contractor. If interested PM or email me and I’ll pass the info along. The job is in the Orlando area and an electrician’s license is required.

Gotta give it to Florida, there’s no age-ism here. Most companies hire based on merit, not youth. I got a job here after only 6 weeks in the state. And there are perks, like being able to wear shorts and t-shirts in February.
Jersey is open for business indeed:

The most toxic sites in each New Jersey county​

Updated May 15, 2019; Posted Apr 06, 2017
By S.P. Sullivan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Facebook Share
Twitter Share
shares
BY S.P. SULLIVAN | NJ ADVANCE MEDIA
New Jersey has more places under the federal Superfund program, which prioritizes cleanups of dangerous contaminated sites, than any other state.
Many have histories more colorful than an oil slick: A massive chemical fire at a mob-controlled waste storage facility. Agent Orange in the Passaic River. Local wildlife turned green. And the only site ever to be put on the Superfund list twice.
While many of those sites have been cleaned up, they require longterm treatment and monitoring. With the EPA's budget on the chopping block under President Donald Trump's administration, advocates worry things will backslide for the Superfund, which has already been near-broke for decades.
"Just think about it: We've got over a hundred Superfund sites in this state. We've got 21 counties," former Gov. Jim Florio, who wrote the Superfund law when he was in Congress in the early 1980s, said recently. "Nobody lives very far from these sites."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jersey is open for business indeed:

The most toxic sites in each New Jersey county​

Updated May 15, 2019; Posted Apr 06, 2017
By S.P. Sullivan | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Facebook Share
Twitter Share
shares
BY S.P. SULLIVAN | NJ ADVANCE MEDIA
New Jersey has more places under the federal Superfund program, which prioritizes cleanups of dangerous contaminated sites, than any other state.
Many have histories more colorful than an oil slick: A massive chemical fire at a mob-controlled waste storage facility. Agent Orange in the Passaic River. Local wildlife turned green. And the only site ever to be put on the Superfund list twice.
While many of those sites have been cleaned up, they require longterm treatment and monitoring. With the EPA's budget on the chopping block under President Donald Trump's administration, advocates worry things will backslide for the Superfund, which has already been near-broke for decades.
"Just think about it: We've got over a hundred Superfund sites in this state. We've got 21 counties," former Gov. Jim Florio, who wrote the Superfund law when he was in Congress in the early 1980s, said recently. "Nobody lives very far from these sites."
Yep. NJ DEP is a huge customer, so is Florida DEP. But our growth is coming from the private sector, lots of utilities, manufacturers, and petroleum processors.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. I’m sure there are some folks here who may be serious and interested for themselves or family members. As for me, I am in the twilight of my career and I get paid handsomely to basically babysit and make sure that someone else does my work for me. I deal with a bunch of human waste but don’t get my hands dirty dealing and sometimes ignoring it. I just listen to it with a very experienced filter.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Me too, except I don’t do the FaceTiming (whatever that is) and I‘m not sure what “remediated” is.
Not sure either but if you read it as face palming, it kind of works so that's what I going with.

Reaction Score
Not sure either but if you read it as face palming, it kind of works so that's what I going with.
I'm guessing neither you nor @arch have iPhones. FaceTime is Apple's built-in video and audio calling app for Apple iPhones. So you can see someone while you talk to them. Kind of like Zoom calls but on an iPhone (and I think you're limited to how many people can join at a time). It's perfect if you want to talk to your son/daughter at college or if you want to talk to your grandchildren who don't live near you. Better than just talking on the phone.

Lately I feel like the tech coordinator for senior citizens. ?

arch

Reaction Score
I'm guessing neither you nor @arch have iPhones. FaceTime is Apple's built-in video and audio calling app for Apple iPhones. So you can see someone while you talk to them. Wow, you mean just like Captain Video?

Kind of like Zoom calls but on an iPhone (and I think you're limited to how many people can join at a time). It's perfect if you want to talk to your son/daughter at college or if you want to talk to your grandchildren who don't live near you. So what’s the point of moving so far away?

Better than just talking on the phone. The only thing better than talking on the phone is silence.

Lately I feel like the tech coordinator for senior citizens. ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom