Jim Mora | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry how that must have come across, but we seem to have said everything about five times over.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Oh you don’t think so……….do you think Cooper Flagg would be coming here for an official visit if the men’s basketball team played all their home games at the Hartford Civic Center? Basketball or football, it means a lot.
Playing 1/2 your home games at HHC vs 95% of your home games at Cameron - still a difference

Reaction Score
I don't forgive you. Edsall didn't even coach the players the final year he drew a paycheck. By your logic if he took two years off, they would have been twice as good.
Not playing football in 2020 was probably the biggest disservice the school did him. That was essentially an entire year of free reps for everyone else that his players did not get.

Reaction Score
Not playing football in 2020 was probably the biggest disservice the school did him. That was essentially an entire year of free reps for everyone else that his players did not get.
Key factors:
1. Winning only 11 games in 7 years of AAC play , 0-16 our last 2.
in other words a complete failure to be competitive in a non P conference
2. Struggling with FCS team lead to embarrassment and fan abandonment.
3. Leaving the AAC , this seems to be controversial but shouldn’t be.
Its not that we didn’t have some legitimate reasons to leave and we might have thought Indy was a better way to advance.But that storyline never saw the light of day .The spin the rest of the sports world heard was we were returning to our core, basketball ,we failed and football would soon be dropped down or dumped altogether.
4. The Randy hire message was we brought a guy out of mothball because he was cheap a logical caretaker for dumping the sport
5 Being only 1 of 2 FSB teams not to play in 2020
Each reenforces a narrative that that created a belief that we were no longer a player
The Mora hire was the anomaly if only that took place in 2016.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Say what?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Mora just blew it on a few transfers and some players didn't develop like he hoped. It happens. Talent evaluation and roster management are probably going to be the two most important skills for a college football Head Coach in the NIL/Transfer Portal era.

As much as I thought Edsall was wildly overrated as a coach, and I didn't even like Edsall 1.0, he was one of the best talent evaluators I have seen in college football in the last 20 years. His ability to build a competitive program in a BCS conference with 2 and 3 star recruits in the 2000's looks even more impressive in hindsight. Too bad he was so annoying, bullheaded, and unwilling to adapt. He would have been a very effective coach in the NIL/Transfer Portal era if he had just been willing to change.

Reaction Score
I think Mora just blew it on a few transfers and some players didn't develop like he hoped. It happens. Talent evaluation and roster management are probably going to be the two most important skills for a college football Head Coach in the NIL/Transfer Portal era.

As much as I thought Edsall was wildly overrated as a coach, and I didn't even like Edsall 1.0, he was one of the best talent evaluators I have seen in college football in the last 20 years. His ability to build a competitive program in a BCS conference with 2 and 3 star recruits in the 2000's looks even more impressive in hindsight. Too bad he was so annoying, bullheaded, and unwilling to adapt. He would have been a very effective coach in the NIL/Transfer Portal era if he had just been willing to change.
We have a very good sophomore class…we need to build around them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now you've done 99and04.

You're asking boneyarders to be reasonable and open minded in their praise and criticism. This could turn into a firestorm.
It's like he doesn't know us at all.

Reaction Score
Might I suggest that we have run out of things to talk about? Every time I come back here we seem to be plowing the same ground. Any original thinking anyone?
How bout dem Yankees....

Ugh wait, nevermind, they suck too.

The messageboard is like sitting through sitcom reruns. Everything is always the same as the last time I watched... :)

Reaction Score
How bout dem Yankees....

Ugh wait, nevermind, they suck too.

The messageboard is like sitting through sitcom reruns. Everything is always the same as the last time I watched... :)

Yet sitcom reruns are some of the most popular and profitable things on TV and streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom