Jim Mora | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hurley was different… the uconn basketball team was still losing at the beginning… but they were fighting… they were fun to watch even in the the beginning of the Hurley era…and the posters that wanted Hurleys head were idiots

That's some serious revisionist history. For the most part the players played hard on the defensive end, but that offense was offensive and brutal to watch. Dribble, dribble, dribble, hoist up shot as shot clock was winding down. As Hurley gradually remade the roster, the offense became better and more fun to watch. And not entirely coincidental, Hurley's teams' offense improved as Hurley changed his coaching staff, specifically adding Murray and bringing back Moore.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After 4 quarters from Fagnano the Boneyard basically decided that him being QB1 was a conspiracy. Roberson HAD to be better. But, guess what - he’s not.

If the staff has them Fagnano, Roberson, Turner, you have to trust that they know what they’re doing and that they believe Roberson gives us a better chance to win than Turner.

Roberson was and is better than Fagnano. Problem is Roberson still isn't very good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Last season after the rough start and being the dregs of college football we snuck up on some teams.

This season teams are actually preparing for us. I think that plays into it.
I don’t think Duke will showcase much, especially that we’re 0-3. They are looking ahead to a big ranked game v. Notre Dame the week after.

We’ve been underperforming, but due to breakout. Duke has been overperforming.

Ultimate trap game.

Reaction Score
That's some serious revisionist history. For the most part the players played hard on the defensive end, but that offense was offensive and brutal to watch. Dribble, dribble, dribble, hoist up shot as shot clock was winding down. As Hurley gradually remade the roster, the offense became better and more fun to watch. And not entirely coincidental, Hurley's teams' offense improved as Hurley changed his coaching staff, specifically adding Murray and bringing back Moore.
He finally brought in some shooters. It’d be like FB bringing in players that can score.

Reaction Score
I don’t think Duke will showcase much, especially that we’re 0-3. They are looking ahead to a big ranked game v. Notre Dame the week after.

Ultimate trap game.

I also say things like this to myself. It’s how I trick myself and set my mind up for disappointment.

Reaction Score
He finally brought in some shooters. It’d be like FB bringing in players that can score.

Or a QB who can see more than one receiver at a time and look off a defender.

Reaction Score
Wonder how many believe UConn has a chance at a .500 season. Even the "old guy" struggles with that. Yet I think of Michael Jordan who missed 6 out of every 10 shots he took. Babe Ruth striking out more than hits he made. Tom Brady, considered the greatest had a losing season. One could go on. Not necessarily good analogy for comparing what is going on at UC with football. But, I root for the flagship athletic program in Ct. Baseball, soccer, basketball, track and field, softball, and hockey are winning programs. Can football join the parade. At this point, it is probably fair to say no. But, I believe JM and the student/athletes are doing their best to be successful. They are getting in the ring, getting knocked down, bloodied, and getting up to try again. I will stand with them, and while they may fall short of the goal line, supporting their effort, albeit not successful to this point, is the least I and a few of you appear ready to do.. ......... Go Huskies.....

Reaction Score
Given how bad of a job UConn has done with the football program. Whether it’s hiring the wrong guys or Rent Security being openly hostile to our own fans throughout its existence, Jim Mora is a better coach than this program even deserves.

We also have these idiotic Basketball only fans calling to axe the program again.

You can’t make this school up.

We deserve all of this.
The obsession with basketball seems to be coming from you. Every other post from you is about the basketball program or basketball fans.

Reaction Score
At this point since I have calmed down a bit since Saturday I still believe in Mora. The one thing that really irks me though is the first part of the game Saturday. You are coming off a beatdown on the road and if ever you needed a win it was that game. The first two defensive drives may have literally been the worst display of defense over a two drive period I have witnessed in my 45 years of watching football. They clearly were not locked in and ready to go. That is on the coaching staff in my opinion. The hole they dug put them in catchup mode all game. If there was another half a quarter at the end no doubt we would have won.

So if they do not come out strong on Saturday it will be a major disappointment.

Reaction Score
We are in a war to defeat years of football mediocrity caused by multiple bad decisions from MANY people, from ADs to boosters to coaches. It is going to take time, effort, money, belief, and trust to win the war. I believe we are going to beat Duke and trust that the win will turn this around.
What are these years of football mediocrity you talk of?
Everyone on here would kill to have just been mediocre for the last decade.

Reaction Score
We’re delusional if we think we’re going to do better than Coach Mora. PP, Diaco and RE 2.0 are Exhibits A, B and C as to why we are very lucky to have Jim Mora.
One of these guys coached when we lost to Michigan at home by 3 pts I believe.

Reaction Score
We’re delusional if we think we’re going to do better than Coach Mora. PP, Diaco and RE 2.0 are Exhibits A, B and C as to why we are very lucky to have Jim Mora.
The problem with UConn football is recruiting for any UConn coach is a losing battle. No 3, 4 or five star recruit is coming here even for a visit, unless we’re in a P5 conference and we build an on campus stadium or at least hire an architecture consultant to design one.

Reaction Score

Ultimate trap game.
If only UConn had a trap ....

Reaction Score
The problem with UConn football is recruiting for any UConn coach is a losing battle. No 3, 4 or five star recruit is coming here even for a visit, unless we’re in a P5 conference and we build an on campus stadium or at least hire an architecture consultant to design one.

Current 2024 commits (Rivals)

1695144381756.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Mora means well. He’s a historically average coach. I thought he was the wrong guy when we hired him.
You seem giddy about our record, giddy.

Reaction Score
The obsession with basketball seems to be coming from you. Every other post from you is about the basketball program or basketball fans.

Fake news. You just get triggered when it gets mentioned.

Reaction Score
Hurley was different… the uconn basketball team was still losing at the beginning… but they were fighting… they were fun to watch even in the the beginning of the Hurley era…and the posters that wanted Hurleys head were idiots
Not "were" idiots -- "are" idiots. An idiot doesn't stop being an idiot just because they are forced to change their minds on one ridiculous opinion.

Reaction Score
I don't forgive you. Edsall didn't even coach the players the final year he drew a paycheck. By your logic if he took two years off, they would have been twice as good.

I’m just flabbergasted that anyone would say that. Edsall might not have even started those guys. His team selection and depth charts were astoundingly bad.

Reaction Score
The on campus stadium has nothing to do with it.
Oh you don’t think so……….do you think Cooper Flagg would be coming here for an official visit if the men’s basketball team played all their home games at the Hartford Civic Center? Basketball or football, it means a lot.

Reaction Score
Might I suggest that we have run out of things to talk about? Every time I come back here we seem to be plowing the same ground. Any original thinking anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom