Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser

Reaction Score
Clearly he made the wrong choice in Fagnano - but NONE of these QBs were locks.
In hindsight, Fagnano and Turner participated in Spring practice and Roberson did not. Roberson is coming off a major knee injury and to my eye, he does not seem to be 100% yet. And, before FIU, Roberson had not played a full football game since high school in 2018. So, I can see why they went with the more experienced and healthy Fagnano, but I agree that it didn't work out.

Reaction Score
In hindsight, Fagnano and Turner participated in Spring practice and Roberson did not. Roberson is coming off a major knee injury and to my eye, he does not seem to be 100% yet. And, before FIU, Roberson had not played a full football game since high school in 2018. So, I can see why they went with the more experienced and healthy Fagnano, but I agree that it didn't work out.

As the old saying goes - if you have more than 1 QB, you have none.

Turner might actually be the best in the scope of being competitive this year, even if he has a limited ceiling. Although that ship might have sailed. I was excited about Fagnano given the connection to Charlton, but that didn't work at all. At this point (if I had a time machine) I would go back to week 1 and play ZT.

Reaction Score
As the old saying goes - if you have more than 1 QB, you have none.

Turner might actually be the best in the scope of being competitive this year, even if he has a limited ceiling. Although that ship might have sailed. I was excited about Fagnano given the connection to Charlton, but that didn't work at all. At this point (if I had a time machine) I would go back to week 1 and play ZT.
I’m dying to see Tucker McDonald take some snaps. The kid has a canon for an arm and by many accounts, regularly looks the best of all of them.

Reaction Score
I’m dying to see Tucker McDonald take some snaps. The kid has a canon for an arm and by many accounts, regularly looks the best of all of them.
Why do you think they aren’t giving him a chance? They said they had a real QB competition this summer and I would assume he was a part of that. If he was clearly the best I don’t know why they wouldn’t have started him or placed him higher on the depth chart.

Not disagreeing with you just more curious on your thoughts.

Reaction Score

Maybe so - I don't follow recruiting really so I have no idea what this kid is about. I'm also not against playing him, I just didn't see any film on him so that's why I said what I said. Hard for me to believe a true freshman is going to be much better. But if he is - f it lets go!

Reaction Score
Maybe so - I don't follow recruiting really so I have no idea what this kid is about. I'm also not against playing him, I just didn't see any film on him so that's why I said what I said. Hard for me to believe a true freshman is going to be much better. But if he is - f it lets go!
I’m not sure he would be better than Zion. My point is that, we seem to lack talent at QB. If McDonald is in fact the most talented, we should let him learn on the field. I have a big fear of sitting talented guys and trying to develop them in practice. The portal creates an easy opportunity for them to leave and go somewhere they’ll play. I think the days of developing players slowly are over. Especially, for guys with a lot of natural talent.

We threw Zion into the fire, why not take the opportunity to get a look at McDonald too. He’s got 4 games to play without losing his redshirt. We need to find a real QB. It’s pretty obvious we don’t have great options. Zion and Tucker must both be frustrated as hell sitting there watching this.

Reaction Score
Why do you think they aren’t giving him a chance? They said they had a real QB competition this summer and I would assume he was a part of that. If he was clearly the best I don’t know why they wouldn’t have started him or placed him higher on the depth chart.

Not disagreeing with you just more curious on your thoughts.
I think it’s the old, “let’s develop him” strategy. Maybe he just isn’t good enough, I don’t know. All I know is that options 1 and 2 aren’t the answer. Last season, Zion was ok, but his reads were slow and his running it was meh. Might as well try the remaining guy for a little bit and see if we have something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom