Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser

Reaction Score
Mora said all the right things. I still think he is a great coach. However, we are in a result oriented project. He has to deliver right now. We need wins.

Deion can turn a horrible team over literally in one season so there isn't excuses anymore. We are not asking for results at Colorado, but we should be expecting wins against schools like Georgia State and FIU. This isn't asking for that much.
With the portal, it’s never been easier to turn the roster. IMO we need to throw some NIL money at a P5 2nd, 3rd or 4th string pocket-passing QB.

Reaction Score
There is no time. I think Mora gets that. Patience waned after a decade. There is no time for people learning on the job. There is no more time for hiring mistakes. There is no more time for players that don’t make plays. Raising the bar is painful and it means imposing hard consequences in difficult situations.
No time, huh? OK. So fire Mora, write him off, close up the bridge, lights out. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
No time, huh? OK. So fire Mora, write him off, close up the bridge, lights out. Makes sense.

No I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. Look we’re not dropping our football program but fan support is important. All of us on this board are die hard fans but that’s not enough to fill the Rent. If you want the student body to get on board, you want a good atmosphere and a place recruits want to come - you need results. Or else you’re stuck in the same constant doom loop like we’ve been fire a decade.

Reaction Score
Mora said all the right things. I still think he is a great coach. However, we are in a result oriented project. He has to deliver right now. We need wins.

Deion can turn a horrible team over literally in one season so there isn't excuses anymore. We are not asking for results at Colorado, but we should be expecting wins against schools like Georgia State and FIU. This isn't asking for that much.
Yeah! Mora should ask his 5* son to play QB like Deion and bring in all the cultural icons for recruiting!

Let’s not compare Colorado to Connecticut or Sanders to Mora, please.

Insanely different mojo behind the Buffs.

Reaction Score
my heart is with coach Mora. This situation sucks, but I still am appreciative of him coming here at this point in our history. He didnt' need to, and UConn is a tough sell. As cheesy as it sounds, i hope we can support him. I'm fine with firing who needs to be fired otherwise.

also, though, as some others have pointed out, he is historically an average coach. Even so, he is by far the biggest name and best option this school could attach itself to, at this time. I never had illusions of having a cinderalla 13-0 season; Jim Mora's not that good. But I do think he can deliver respectability and a new "floor" of success, which I know is what so many of you have wanted. It's reasonable and not impossible.

Im a new fan so maybe my patience isn't yet tried like the Boneyard old guard, but I am sticking with coach JM for at least this year + 2-3 more to see what happens. That is... if he chooses to stay that long :(

Reaction Score
No I don’t think that’s what he’s saying. Look we’re not dropping our football program but fan support is important. All of us on this board are die hard fans but that’s not enough to fill the Rent. If you want the student body to get on board, you want a good atmosphere and a place recruits want to come - you need results. Or else you’re stuck in the same constant doom loop like we’ve been fire a decade.
Actually that is exactly what he said. There is no more time.

Reaction Score
Yeah! Mora should ask his 5* son to play QB like Deion and bring in all the cultural icons for recruiting!

Let’s not compare Colorado to Connecticut or Sanders to Mora, please.

Insanely different mojo behind the Buffs.
Yeah, to me it seems he is not turning the Colorado program around as much as he is bringing his Prime Time act to Boulder. If he stays, Colorado benefits. If he brings the act somewhere else, who knows how Colorado will do afterward. It's just as easy to move out as it is to move in. I personally hated his process, sending scholarship student-athletes packing, but kudos to Colorado for getting Ws this year. Perhaps Act II will be something like, "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach and join the U!" or Tallahassee.

Reaction Score
Somehow I think I missed the explanation of how Charlton was hired by Mora. So he already knew him? He was recommended by a respected friend? He found him on Indeed?
You think it’s the talent on Alabama or Miss St that has them struggling? No, it’s Tommy Rees the new OC at AL and Kevin Barbay the new OC in Starkville. They’ve misused their talent and called head scratching plays. It happens. And it’s happening in Storrs.

Reaction Score
my heart is with coach Mora. This situation sucks, but I still am appreciative of him coming here at this point in our history. He didnt' need to, and UConn is a tough sell. As cheesy as it sounds, i hope we can support him. I'm fine with firing who needs to be fired otherwise.

also, though, as some others have pointed out, he is historically an average coach. Even so, he is by far the biggest name and best option this school could attach itself to, at this time. I never had illusions of having a cinderalla 13-0 season; Jim Mora's not that good. But I do think he can deliver respectability and a new "floor" of success, which I know is what so many of you have wanted. It's reasonable and not impossible.

Im a new fan so maybe my patience isn't yet tried like the Boneyard old guard, but I am sticking with coach JM for at least this year + 2-3 more to see what happens. That is... if he chooses to stay that long :(
Mora is not a young guy and you wonder how long he would endure 2 or 3 tough seasons
I truly believe he is mentally invested and all in on winning here-but if the wheel fall off, why we would be stay?

Reaction Score
Somehow I think I missed the explanation of how Charlton was hired by Mora. So he already knew him? He was recommended by a respected friend? He found him on Indeed?
You think it’s the talent on Alabama or Miss St that has them struggling? No, it’s Tommy Rees the new OC at AL and Kevin Barbay the new OC in Starkville. They’ve misused their talent and called head scratching plays. It happens. And it’s happening in Storrs.
I’m guessing Charlton was interested in the head coaching job? Harasymiak was a potential candidate at the time.

Reaction Score
Yeah, to me it seems he is not turning the Colorado program around as much as he is bringing his Prime Time act to Boulder. If he stays, Colorado benefits. If he brings the act somewhere else, who knows how Colorado will do afterward. It's just as easy to move out as it is to move in. I personally hated his process, sending scholarship student-athletes packing, but kudos to Colorado for getting Ws this year. Perhaps Act II will be something like, "I'm gonna take my talents to South Beach and join the U!" or Tallahassee.
Why would he want to leave? His sons are in a position to get drafted, after that he does not have to worry about them at all. Boulder is one of the best places in the country to live. With the amount of revenue he has brought it, Colorado will pay him. He is building a community and football culture in a place that was a huge challenge. He is out to prove that he is the best coach and doing that at Colorado is the perfect place because no one can say "oh, anyone could do it at Alabama or whatever place that has done it before". He is in a great spot to prove that he is the best, with all the resources he needs, in a place that has been historically difficult to do that.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but after watching Edsall not care - this is better.

I also believe that Mora knows what he is doing. So I don't think he is going to sit by and watch this thing go back into a ditch. So I'm going to stop obsessing and just let him do his thing.
It's already in a ditch. I like the guy but if he truly knew what he was doing they probably wouldn't be in said ditch.

Again, I like him and give him the benefit of the doubt but he's led the hype train and the fans have been singing his praises and were hyped up for this season. It's a dud and that falls on Mora, Charlton is really bad as an OC and that falls on Mora.

I agree with you about not obsessing over UConn football.

Reaction Score
Why would he want to leave? His sons are in a position to get drafted, after that he does not have to worry about them at all. Boulder is one of the best places in the country to live. With the amount of revenue he has brought it, Colorado will pay him. He is building a community and football culture in a place that was a huge challenge. He is out to prove that he is the best coach and doing that at Colorado is the perfect place because no one can say "oh, anyone could do it at Alabama or whatever place that has done it before". He is in a great spot to prove that he is the best, with all the resources he needs, in a place that has been historically difficult to do that.
It has been done at Colorado before.

I agree with you that there's no reason for him to leave.

Reaction Score
It has been done at Colorado before.

I agree with you that there's no reason for him to leave.
Yeah, I know it technically was done before. But I am referring to BCS and CFP era where things are perhaps a bit less ambiguous and the top two teams are intended top teams are at least intended to play each other. I suppose regardless, currently it isn't a job where recruiting is easy because of the school, but rather you have to do something special.

Reaction Score
It's already in a ditch. I like the guy but if he truly knew what he was doing they probably wouldn't be in said ditch.

Again, I like him and give him the benefit of the doubt but he's led the hype train and the fans have been singing his praises and were hyped up for this season. It's a dud and that falls on Mora, Charlton is really bad as an OC and that falls on Mora.

Criticism of an OC can happen anywhere. Alabama fans are criticizing Tommy Rees after their "disastrous" start. Most football experts think that Saban know what he is doing.

Reaction Score
Criticism of an OC can happen anywhere. Alabama fans are criticizing Tommy Rees after their "disastrous" start. Most football experts think that Saban know what he is doing.
My 83 yr old father and 1961 Notre Dame grad went on and on about how awful Rees is as an OC. Once Kelly left (an offensive HC) and was replaced by Freeman (a defensive HC), Rees was exposed. My father did a happy dance when Rees went Alabama. Maybe my dad knows more than Sagan?

Reaction Score
My 83 yr old father and 1961 Notre Dame grad went on and on about how awful Rees is as an OC. Once Kelly left (an offensive HC) and was replaced by Freeman (a defensive HC), Rees was exposed. My father did a happy dance when Rees went Alabama. Maybe my dad knows more than Sagan?
Maybe more than Saban, but not more the Sagan. That man was a genius.

Reaction Score
Maybe more than Saban, but not more the Sagan. That man was a genius.
You are correct. He was a genius:

“Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.”

Great. I was already depressed after Saturday’s loss. Now I am not sure why we even bother caring about football. We are so insignificant...

Reaction Score
perhaps. but can he ride a no-handed wheelie up Alpe d'Huez?

Reaction Score
You are correct. He was a genius:

“Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.”

Great. I was already depressed after Saturday’s loss. Now I am not sure why we even bother caring about football. We are so insignificant...

We are the only ones in tune with the universe so there's that

We have an insignificant football program

Reaction Score
He won't jump for any job, but he would jump for some jobs. That said, would his personality work at many schools? Probably not. Colorado seems like a good fit because they were an after thought in football and willing to take a risk and they struck gold with the hiring of Prime.

Reaction Score
He won't jump for any job, but he would jump for some jobs. That said, would his personality work at many schools? Probably not. Colorado seems like a good fit because they were an after thought in football and willing to take a risk and they struck gold with the hiring of Prime.
This. He can recruit anywhere. They’ll pay a shocking amount of money to retain him in Boulder. I don’t think there’s really a better job. Any job that will pay him is a great job. He can recruit everything he needs whether he’s at Colorado, Ohio St or LSU.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score

I love all of what you said however I really feel Mora has a higher ceiling than his record suggests. He has a winning mindset and focus and has that championship spirit- and he relishes the challenge UConn represents. It's just something I see, feel, and and sense from him. There is a passion and commitment there that is undeniable. He's a student of the game, literally grew up on football, and I just believe he's the right man to bring this program to heights it has not yet seen.

Reaction Score

We lost two games we were supposed to lose. We only looked bad in one of them. This week was bad - we were home, and favored. Clearly he made the wrong choice in Fagnano - but NONE of these QBs were locks. I'm not suggesting that we are in a good place, or that he isn't responsible. And it may be too late to do anything about it this season. But this was a team that was supposed to go 3-9 so I'm not freaking out like Bengals fans should be at 0-2 and Burrow playing like crap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom