Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora FIU Postgame Presser

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
This is what I mentioned yesterday, here’s what Coach Mora during the halftime interview (around 3:16:16 on the UConn+ stream):

“We’re an awful football team right now. Right now, we’re an awful football team. And if we don’t start giving a dang, alright, it’s gonna be an really long season. Players gotta play. Cannot let the losing culture that has permeated this place for so many years continue to permeate this place. It is not acceptable. This was a horseshit program for a lot of years, and that horseshit is creeping back in. And it cannot happen. I will not let it.”

Reaction Score
After listening to the presser I have to think Charlton is on the hot seat and rightfully so. And based on the last offensive play of the game, I think Kashif received an earful.

Can Marineli take over the offense? I cannot take the poor play calling and the 3 and outs anymore.

Reaction Score
I'm not mad, I’m disgusted! Why, I allowed myself to buy into the hype. Revolution/Reload? The only thing this University has improved in football has been the marketing. Nice hype videos and catch phrases, but in reality, this team is getting embarrassed by teams that live in conferences that the majority here turn their nose down to.

In the end, I have nobody to blame but myself. I drank the Kool-Aid and believed it all.

Reaction Score
I'm not mad, I’m disgusted! Why, I allowed myself to buy into the hype. Revolution/Reload? The only thing this University has improved in football has been the marketing. Nice hype videos and catch phrases, but in reality, this team is getting embarrassed by teams that live in conferences that the majority here turn their nose down to.

In the end, I have nobody to blame but myself. I drank the Kool-Aid and believed it all.
And to make it worse - we’re about to get smoked by Duke when we really need a W.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Not sure he’s got enough qualified talent to make adjustments IMO
Wrong. Just purely wrong. We have more than enough talent on this roster to be successful. Watch the game, watch his play calls, watch the D adjust in their alignments, pressures and coverages and watch him just continue to call the same plays with zero change. Running a car into a concrete wall expecting a difference. Adjust your play call, formations, watch the defense and see where the holes are in the zone, where we have a mismatch in man. Adjust the routes based upon those coverages. Georgia state showed their pressure packages every. Single. Time. After the 2nd series you should be putting in a hot route that will burn their pressure package that you can check to as soon as they walk up(like they did every time) it never happened. Run a screen to take advantage of their pressure. There are so many schematic options as an OC at your disposal to negate schemes the opposing team is throwing at you and he has done that precisely zero times. I can’t tell you how many times I yelled at the tv for them to stretch the field on first down after a good chunk on the ground. The broadcasters even mentioned it saying the safeties are walking right up to the line with no fear of us taking the top off their defense. All around it has been horrific.

Reaction Score
Wrong. Just purely wrong. We have more than enough talent on this roster to be successful. Watch the game, watch his play calls, watch the D adjust in their alignments, pressures and coverages and watch him just continue to call the same plays with zero change. Running a car into a concrete wall expecting a difference. Adjust your play call, formations, watch the defense and see where the holes are in the zone, where we have a mismatch in man. Adjust the routes based upon those coverages. Georgia state showed their pressure packages every. Single. Time. After the 2nd series you should be putting in a hot route that will burn their pressure package that you can check to as soon as they walk up(like they did every time) it never happened. Run a screen to take advantage of their pressure. There are so many schematic options as an OC at your disposal to negate schemes the opposing team is throwing at you and he has done that precisely zero times. I can’t tell you how many times I yelled at the tv for them to stretch the field on first down after a good chunk on the ground. The broadcasters even mentioned it saying the safeties are walking right up to the line with no fear of us taking the top off their defense. All around it has been horrific.
Well said. So many times after we get a first down, our OC goes back to calling a run play that gets stuffed. Anyone with eyes can see that play developing from a mile away. Our offense play calling has been abysmal. People need to stop using the talent as an excuse since it is just not true against teams like Georgia State and FIU.

Reaction Score

I drank the Kool-Aid and I felt refreshed. I still think we are extremely lucky to have Coach Mora and I don't believe 2 lousy games are enough to give up. Like people mentioned, Mora seems just as upset, if not more so, than we fans are. He deserves a little time to figure it out, make the changes, and work on results. It is always going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Whether it's coaches or players, that can't be fixed in the span of 2 weeks.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I appreciate that the first thing Mora addressed in the press conference was exactly what I was worried about....the team was slipping back into the Edsall disaster era. He needs to prove it with a good effort next weekend...but he is very aware that this fan base is fragile.

Let's hope they can back up his comments.

Reaction Score
Mora is a good coach and I believe he is passionate and committed. But, he has to clean up his own mess. Situation reminds me of Crocker who was over his head allowed to linger as DC and cause extreme damage. Charlton was his pick and he needs to own his mistake and get rid of the guy now, not later. Keeping him isn’t going to help the situation improve.

Reaction Score
Mora is a good coach and I believe he is passionate and committed. But, he has to clean up his own mess. Situation reminds me of Crocker who was over his head allowed to linger as DC and cause extreme damage. Charlton was his pick and he needs to own his mistake and get rid of the guy now, not later. Keeping him isn’t going to help the situation improve.
I gotta imagine given the multiple press conference remarks by Mora over the past week or so, that he and Benedict are talking about Charlton being axed.

Reaction Score
The guys who need to get the ball aren't getting the ball. It's an open question as to why and Mora's job to figure it out and fix it. Both lines played well (vs FIU, I know).

Houston and Rosa need the ball, and Joly and Ross need the ball. I would pay particular attention to any play this doesn't happen, especially in the passing game. Is the QB missing the throwing window? Is the Defense keying on these guys to the result that they can't get open? Can they just not get open? It just seems like we have no determination to execute in the passing game.

We also don't run the ball enough, especially in 2nd/3rd and 4 or less. We should be able to convert on a majority of those situations.
Wait, we’ve been in 2nd and less than 4? When?

Reaction Score
I drank the Kool-Aid and I felt refreshed. I still think we are extremely lucky to have Coach Mora and I don't believe 2 lousy games are enough to give up. Like people mentioned, Mora seems just as upset, if not more so, than we fans are. He deserves a little time to figure it out, make the changes, and work on results. It is always going to be 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Whether it's coaches or players, that can't be fixed in the span of 2 weeks.
Mora did a great job last year, so I’m being patient. But he’s not going to get more time from me because he “seems just as upset” as us. I want results. I don’t give a damn what any of them say to us through the press.

Reaction Score
Mora said all the right things. I still think he is a great coach. However, we are in a result oriented project. He has to deliver right now. We need wins.

Deion can turn a horrible team over literally in one season so there isn't excuses anymore. We are not asking for results at Colorado, but we should be expecting wins against schools like Georgia State and FIU. This isn't asking for that much.

Reaction Score
As a non UConn guy...

I see two inked in wins this season...UMass and Sacred Heart...

Tough games but probable losses...Tennessee, Duke, USF, BC

Games which have the best chance of being won after UMass/SH...Rice, JMU, Utah State

Reaction Score
As a non UConn guy...

I see two inked in wins this season...UMass and Sacred Heart...

Tough games but probable losses...Tennessee, Duke, USF, BC

Games which have the best chance of being won after UMass/SH...Rice, JMU, Utah State
FYI, Rice won an 80 point shootout against Houston and JMU is prolly gonna win the Sunbelt.

Reaction Score
Mora did a great job last year, so I’m being patient. But he’s not going to get more time from me because he “seems just as upset” as us. I want results. I don’t give a damn what any of them say to us through the press.
I too am being patient and I want results. And Mora needs some time. If he's not getting more time from you just because he is upset, how much time are you allowing him in the first place? My point is that I believe in Coach Mora and I believe he is just as disappointed in this team as we are, and that he will do what he needs to do to make it as successful as it possibly can be. We have no idea how much time he needs or how successful the program can be. But he certainly needs time.

Reaction Score
I too am being patient and I want results. And Mora needs some time. If he's not getting more time from you just because he is upset, how much time are you allowing him in the first place? My point is that I believe in Coach Mora and I believe he is just as disappointed in this team as we are, and that he will do what he needs to do to make it as successful as it possibly can be. We have no idea how much time he needs or how successful the program can be. But he certainly needs time.
There is no time. I think Mora gets that. Patience waned after a decade. There is no time for people learning on the job. There is no more time for hiring mistakes. There is no more time for players that don’t make plays. Raising the bar is painful and it means imposing hard consequences in difficult situations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom