Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
I really like the Charlton hire for OC but bringing Spanos back as DC is a head scratcher.

My guess? Mora missed out on several of his choices and as a result ended up going back with someone he has experience with.

Reaction Score
who cares about defensive performance and what not. having him back with the cultural foundation he started is huge. he and mora together will make a strong defense. so happy he is back.

that being said he was probably option c.
Based on the time it took to announce him as coordinator I am going to go with option Z.

Reaction Score
I really like the Charlton hire for OC but bringing Spanos back as DC is a head scratcher.

My guess? Mora missed out on several of his choices and as a result ended up going back with someone he has experience with.
I'm sure the defensive players are happy and that is important for keeping the players. With Mora and Spanos, I think the defense will be fine.

Reaction Score
Great... 120tg ranked defense here we come again
spanos took over with quite literally the worst college defense of all time and took them to somewhere thats not an embarrassment. Obviously there is room for improvement on the defense but you got to remember where he started. He and Mora can get this thing back on track defensively.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
This is great because we've had such a great defense for the last few years.

I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Based on the time it took to announce him as coordinator I am going to go with option Z.
Gotta believe things will work out for the better... IF you don't, keep complaining... Keep the half empty mindset.. Where's that gotten us... Folks come to the board to see us complaining all the time about how we're not this or that... Let's get behind it.... Watch and see what happens...

I really liked Edsall, but he lost this team... Heck, he lost me... and I was on board til the end... It wasn't working with his conservative blue collar old school approach...

I'm drinking JM's Kool Aid right now.. Let's Roll!!!! No looking back...

Reaction Score
spanos took over with quite literally the worst college defense of all time and took them to somewhere thats not an embarrassment. Obviously there is room for improvement on the defense but you got to remember where he started. He and Mora can get this thing back on track defensively.
200.gif

Reaction Score
Great... 120tg ranked defense here we come again
When you have an anemic offense that goes three and out more than they get first downs it leaves the defense vulnerable and unrested. The defensive efficiency is more on the lack of offense than poor schemes on defense. With the right moves on the offensive side of the ball, and with Mora I’m sure having a decent amount of say in the D these same players will look much better over the next two seasons.

Reaction Score

Sounds like the Ole assistant coaching $$$ isn't what we thought it would be. This reminds me of when Edsall promoted Guifre .... doesn't strike much confidence for our program going forward. Recruiting unless we have some studs in waiting from the portal seems to be unchanged from prior years. Let's all hope Mora is a legit game day coach.

Reaction Score
I don’t think we should sell Spanos short. He’s been successful before. The dumpster fire he worked through this year was unfathomable. He kept the kids happy and playing hard. He’s got a way with people, players don’t quit on him. Hopefully, with Mora’s help, some better players and a competent offense, he can make the D look quite a bit better.

Reaction Score
I don't hate the move in a vacuum -- Spanos did an admirable job given the circumstances this season. With that said, clearly this was the last possible choice for the program -- if he was near the top of the list, this is announced weeks ago. Not a good optic, but no one will care about the optics by the end of the weekend. Let's get to work.

I am curious how short of a leash he gets going forward -- if there is no strong improvement in the defense next season, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't survive next season.

Reaction Score
Maybe they had to wait for him to coach in that Bowl Game.... er um'.....anyway... Welcome back Coach Spanos 2.0 !

Reaction Score
I don't hate the move in a vacuum -- Spanos did an admirable job given the circumstances this season. With that said, clearly this was the last possible choice for the program -- if he was near the top of the list, this is announced weeks ago. Not a good optic, but no one will care about the optics by the end of the weekend. Let's get to work.

I am curious how short of a leash he gets going forward -- if there is no strong improvement in the defense next season, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't survive next season.

I don't think there is a leash. Unless this was some massive contract negotiation the past few weeks then it seems that no one else wanted to come here which is not good optics for this program going forward. Here's to Spanos showing us otherwise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom