Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
PP knows defense or else he wouldn't keep getting jobs in the NFL. He'd be a very good DC for Mora. But we burnt that bridge.

I'd still take whatever is behind door number 2. Finding a good defensive coach is as hard as we've made it seem to go that route.

Reaction Score
I'd still take whatever is behind door number 2. Finding a good defensive coach is as hard as we've made it seem to go that route.
Agreed. Mora seems to be building a great staff. A lot of up and comers that have had success and can recruit. So whoever Mora chooses as DC I'm fully onboard with. P will probably end up back in the NFL soon anyway. Or at UMass with brown lol

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
He isn't hiring a bunch of cronies (cough pasqualoni cough)...which feels like he is thinking bigger picture. Not about comfort, it's about diverse experience and program development.

I wouldn't be surprised if "how will you build your staff" was a big part of Benedict's slumber party in Idaho. And a big reason Mora was hired.

Reaction Score
The delay makes me believe that the DC is either a college assistant that is on a bowl eligible team or an NFL assistant.

Reaction Score
I think the original target had a change of heart.
That and some other possibilitie materialized for their Plan B. Why else would the deadlines keep getting extended?

Reaction Score
Compensation snag
Well, that would not cause the deadlines to keep pushing out unless a failure to reach agreement on compensation happened with the last acceptable candidate.

Reaction Score
Could also be as simple as the target wants to visit campus first, and has been delayed for one reason or another.

A million possible reasons.

Reaction Score
We can't find a suitable DC and this is how Spanos will back into the position!!!
At one point after The Edsel was sent to the junk yard I was hopeful for Spanos. Not anymore.

Reaction Score
The closing date for the job postings has been changed to December 13..
On a positive note, 4 days of decreased DC-hiring clicks.

Post Army-Navy game: DC candidate reporting for UConn duty ?????

Or, FCS DC candidates from this weekend's semi-final playoff participant: Sam Houston St, Montana St, NDSU, or ETSU (SE/Mid-Atlantic recruiting target range?) ?????

Other, T.B.D.

Reaction Score
At this point Mora should take the DC job, he’s better at running a defense than anyone he would hire lol.
Seriously though you wonder if we are churning thru our top candidates and falling short on them if we end up going back to Spanos.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is this situation slightly unusual? (Yes, I know, I am leaving myself open in posing this question.) On D, UConn has hired the DL coach, the LB coach, and the secondary coach withour hiring the guy they will report to. That seems awfully odd. I understand grabbing desirable candidates quickly before they go somewhere else, but not having input to the position coach hires would seem to lessen the attractiveness of the situation to a candidate DC. Is this a common situation in CFB?

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is this situation slightly unusual? (Yes, I know, I am leaving myself open in posing this question.) On D, UConn has hired the DL coach, the LB coach, and the secondary coach withour hiring the guy they will report to. That seems awfully odd. I understand grabbing desirable candidates quickly before they go somewhere else, but not having input to the position coach hires would seem to lessen the attractiveness of the situation to a candidate DC. Is this a common situation in CFB?
FWIW, DL still hasn't been announced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom