Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
Pure speculation but my guess is he had a couple candidates lined up who couldn't be announced as quickly as the position coaches were announced. During the delay, due to additional coaching turnover throughout the NCAA those candidates decided to wait and see what would be available for them outside of here. Either Mora said "fine, if you won't give me an immediate yes I'll move on", someone committed to a different job (under our radar) or the additional time allowed Mora to cast a wider net.

Regardless, I'm not worried about this detail.
Exactly. And given the fact there is no one on this board that really could judge whether or not a particular choice would be a good fit, all this hiatus is doing is giving the existing staff the opportunity to go full speed ahead with recruiting and retention, and the rest of us to waste time speculating.

Reaction Score
Exactly. And given the fact there is no one on this board that really could judge whether or not a particular choice would be a good fit, all this hiatus is doing is giving the existing staff the opportunity to go full speed ahead with recruiting and retention, and the rest of us to waste time speculating.
But isn’t wasting time while speculating on all things UConn the whole point of the boneyard?

Reaction Score
The first bowl game is December 17th so extending deadline to December 14th doesn’t make sense to me.
I keep thinking it’s someone from FCS still in the playoffs but the 14th doesn’t make sense there either

Reaction Score
Mike London Sr: Bill & Mary head coach now, ex-head coach of UVA, Richmond (FCS national championship team), and Howard.
I admit I find humor in a lot of things and laughed when I read the article about London being appointed HC in 2018 by AD Samantha Huge.
Instant thought was about officers training school where they called you out by last name first, then your first name.

Reaction Score
Might be polite to wait and let coach recruit where he is and then bring him in on signing day?

Reaction Score
Might be polite to wait and let coach recruit where he is and then bring him in on signing day?
That sounds so wrong. Hopefully in this scenario the coach who already knows he is leaving informs his recruits that he doesn't plan to be there.

Reaction Score
I have full faith that AD David Benedict and Mora are going to hire the right person for the job. Sure I'm as impatient as the next guy to find out who it's gonna be, but I think whoever it is, is going to be a very good DC and we're going to be very happy to have them here.

Reaction Score
Well having a DC in place may be helpful in signing guys especially from the portal, so I hate to say it, but it seems the longer the wait needs to be the more the program potentially loses out in signing potential recruits.

Reaction Score
I have full faith that AD David Benedict and Mora are going to hire the right person for the job. Sure I'm as impatient as the next guy to find out who it's gonna be, but I think whoever it is, is going to be a very good DC and we're going to be very happy to have them here.
I completely agree. So far there is no indication that the program is striking out left and right finding a replacement

Reaction Score
Well having a DC in place may be helpful in signing guys especially from the portal, so I hate to say it, but it seems the longer the wait needs to be the more the program potentially loses out in signing potential recruits.
That's 100% true, but when you change coaches you have to give the new one time to get the right staff in, and recognize that in the transition year recruiting is likely to suck. Look at Hurley's first year. It isn't because he can't recruit. It's because you come in to the middle of a race with too much ground to make up.

Reaction Score
The closing date for the job postings has been changed to December 15, except for Director of Football Operations
which expires today.

Reaction Score
At this point the moving date has actually become vaguely entertaining.
I dunno, the vetting process on someone must not be complete or something. Or a final decision has not been made? You simply do not have to hold the solicitation open until the final announcement do you?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom