Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
At least they have a head coach and most of staff in place. This weekend is about closing on recruits.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Pretty sure RE didn't default into Uconn in the Football Big East. He was hired specifically to get us into Big East Football. Hiring Edsall provided the gravitas needed for acceptance. Edsall was perfect for team moving to Div1
If you think so. Im not putting him down for the way he was transitioned. I do know I went to games he coached against D1A teams as we were talking about transition and our D got pushed all over the field. He surprised me by being adequate in the BE but he certainly benefited greatly by Danny O staying home. I’m sure he felt under appreciated and that’s why he exited to MD the way he did. He was never as good as he imagined himself and sadly flopped like a rag doll in his reincarnation. I just want a respectable, entertaining product for my seasons ticket money. .

Reaction Score
I wonder why they waste their time telling us a closing date when it just keeps getting moved at will. Just say you will have a DC by April and cut the BS.

Reaction Score
I wonder why they waste their time telling us a closing date when it just keeps getting moved at will. Just say you will have a DC by April and cut the BS.
Honestly Mora doesn’t have to worry about dc as much

Reaction Score
Yeah, I know, and we have all been wondering why. So that may be related to what is happening.
I would assume he has not been announced due to the fact that Michigan is in the playoffs and the special teams coordinator that he followed is part of a bowl game on Christmas

Reaction Score
Yes, this tempers the hope I had of Loomis being a nice pipeline to us. This blows to say the least.
Not necessarily. If UConn can’t recruit Loomis bc of that then there are bigger issues.
Guess it depends on who replaces him… he was only there a few years. He jumped from St. Thomas More.

I have faith in Marinelli (… and I think this was a reactionary move by DonB).

Reaction Score
If we’re battling umass for recruits we’ve already lost.
Bingo. And to huskymedics point it was reactionary and a signal brown thinks he needs deep connections to recruit umass. They are not FBS level coaches rn. It’ll land them some nice three stars but if we are worried about competing with umass then we lost. Our facilities, brand, everything should blow them out the water.

Reaction Score
Have to think it’s an FCS coach whose team is still in it.
JMU - DC Corey Heatherman
Montana - DC Kent Baer
Villanova - DC Ola Adams
South Dakota state - Co-DC Jimmy Rogers/Brian Bergstrom
Sam Houston - DC Clayton Carlin
Montana State - DC Freddie Banks
North Dakota state - HC Matt Entz, DC David Braun
East Tennessee state - DC Billy Taylor

Entz appears to be the only HC in the FCS playoffs coming from the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Yeah ngl Brown has an excellent staff brewing right now. They will recruit mass excellently. Mora needs to make sure brown steps foot as little as possible in this state.
I agree that Brown has put a good group together, but UMass shouldn’t be able to compete with us for recruits all things considered. I don’t see them doing more than stealing one here and there because they can offer playing time or something. Their stadium, facilities, brand, home schedule and even head coach are all small time compared to ours. We’ve got a true big time feel when winning. Hopefully, they aren’t a serious competitor for most players we really want.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bingo. And to huskymedics point it was reactionary and a signal brown thinks he needs deep connections to recruit umass. They are not FBS level coaches rn. It’ll land them some nice three stars but if we are worried about competing with umass then we lost. Our facilities, brand, everything should blow them out the water.
Uh I’d worry about beating UMASS. Last year UCONN had more talent but still got smoked. UMASS will improve with Brown and staff at least defensively. Perkins was a very good coach at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Uh I’d worry about beating UMASS. Last year UCONN had more talent but still got smoked. UMASS will improve with Brown and staff at least defensively. Perkins was a very good coach at UCONN.
We had more talent but our offense was so poorly coached other than the Mazzone games, that we just can’t worry about that.

Reaction Score
JMU - DC Corey Heatherman
Montana - DC Kent Baer
Villanova - DC Ola Adams
South Dakota state - Co-DC Jimmy Rogers/Brian Bergstrom
Sam Houston - DC Clayton Carlin
Montana State - DC Freddie Banks
North Dakota state - HC Matt Entz, DC David Braun
East Tennessee state - DC Billy Taylor

Entz appears to be the only HC in the FCS playoffs coming from the defensive side of the ball.
That would be a get, for sure. Guessing Baer or Banks, though, only because they are close to Idaho. ;) Pure speculation. Like a trip to Saratoga.

Reaction Score
That would be a get, for sure. Guessing Baer or Banks, though, only because they are close to Idaho. ;) Pure speculation. Like a trip to Saratoga.
Heatherman has had some pretty fantastic defenses, ties to Maine and the Northeast. Started at Springfield, graduated Fitchburg State. He makes the most sense.
Some are old, some are at their alma mater, some aren't super impressive. Heatherman seems legit.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Guess it depends on who replaces him… he was only there a few years. He jumped from St. Thomas More.

I have faith in Marinelli (… and I think this was a reactionary move by DonB).
Replace him with a UConn grad-problem solved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom