RB
O Line
TE
Def Coor
D Line
LB
DBs/Secondary
Spec Teams

Now, you could split up inside LBs from outside, or DBs from safeties, but it would seem 10 should do the trick, no? You're not having assistant HC not also handle a specific position. No point in that.
You forgot Wide Receivers…. There’s always a slash either with someone doing ST and something else or more typically OC/QB it’s rare you have a OC/OL combo

Reaction Score
Off Coord
QB
RB
O Line
TE
Def Coor
D Line
LB
DBs/Secondary
Spec Teams

Now, you could split up inside LBs from outside, or DBs from safeties, but it would seem 10 should do the trick, no? You're not having assistant HC not also handle a specific position. No point in that.
You forgot WR coach, you need a slash.

Reaction Score
I believe we no longer need to ask that question.

The question we should be asking now is "how good can we become?".
I hope you're right. A talent infusion is sorely needed by the looks of what Maine did in those highlights.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if he decides to save money by not hiring a special teams coach and designating it to someone else on the staff. It’s not uncommon nowadays.
It is not about saving money, you can only have ten coaches. He forgot to put the WR coach in there, so usually either special teams or QB is a slash coach as there are not enough slots to fill all the positions. Has zero to do with money and everything to do with only being able to hire ten additional coaches max.

Reaction Score
That worked out for WKU when they brought in the Pres OC he brought the QB(Zappe) and WR(Sterns) and they’ve been lighting it up

Reaction Score
Was hoping to get Harasymiak as DC. Don’t know if Charlton as OC makes that less likely

Reaction Score
everybody seems to think that Hilliard is the son of Dalton Hilliard that played for the Saints. I don't believe that to be true because this
Dalton Hillliard played for UCLA and is from Hawaii. He was a pretty good safety in college though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Florida State’s OC is also the QB coach and Ohio state’s OC is the TE’s coach so they must’ve gone the cheap route as well
FSU also has an Asst HC whose only other responsibility is defensive tackles. The special teams coach handles the guards. Maybe that's why both their defense and special teams stunk.

Here's the thing - you can cover all your major positional groups with 10 assistants, which would include your OC, DC, and Asst HC if you have one. You can also parse those positions further like FSU did. I don't have a huge issue with a quality OC being QB coach, but I would prefer a dedicated QB coach given our situation and roll the TEs into a slash. I'm also interested in knowing what $$ are going where as that would give a hint to priorities.

Reaction Score
everybody seems to think that Hilliard is the son of Dalton Hilliard that played for the Saints. I don't believe that to be true because this
Dalton Hillliard played for UCLA and is from Hawaii. He was a pretty good safety in college though.
PERSONAL - Full Name: Dalton Ishmael Hilliard ... Born: August 1, 1990 in Chicago, IL ... Parents: Larry and Amalia Hilliard ... Has a brother, Kamden, and a sister, Paige ... Scored three touchdowns, totaled 280 all-purpose yards, including a 70-yard interception return, in a state semi-final playoff game performance he dedicated to his mom, which he lists as his biggest athletic thrill to date ... Lists running back Ernie Davis as the famous athlete he admires the most ... Hobbies include drawing, football and music ... Relative Keith Jackson has played in the NFL for the Green Bay Packers ... His mom played in the women's professional football league ... Dad is a former high school football All-American ... Sociology major

Reaction Score
Do we keep Spanos as DC? I vote yes.
Good Lord, no. His D is hot garbage made slightly attractive by feel years of historically superheated garbage. Ain’t the guy.

Reaction Score

I am already counting on it. 6-3 225 from Williamsport, PA Joey F is a Junior - I think he may have 2 years left in eligibility, Plus Coach Charlton has regularly picked off Rutgers transfers - of which there might be a few big time stars who didn't develop early.

Reaction Score
Good Lord, no. His D is hot garbage made slightly attractive by feel years of historically superheated garbage. Ain’t the guy.
It was in the press release that no current staff member will be retained- includes Spanos.

Reaction Score
Thanks for clearing this one up.

Did some digging and found that LSU great Dalton Hilliard's son, Dalton Hilliard, Jr., passed away in 2020, unfortunately, at the age of 29. He went to Nicholls State.

Reaction Score
John Marinelli - It is really nice to see how serious about recruiting in Connecticut Jim Mora is. Bringing in a coach who grew-up in Connecticut and attending a high school football game here is a terrific way to start.

Agreed. This is huge for in-state recruiting.

A lot of those FCIAC kids go off to B10 or ACC. Now the New Canaan parents can trust one of their own. I think he coached at New Canaan, Greenwich, then to Illinois. Slow climb but im happy he’s home.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
PERSONAL - Full Name: Dalton Ishmael Hilliard ... Born: August 1, 1990 in Chicago, IL ... Parents: Larry and Amalia Hilliard ... Has a brother, Kamden, and a sister, Paige ... Scored three touchdowns, totaled 280 all-purpose yards, including a 70-yard interception return, in a state semi-final playoff game performance he dedicated to his mom, which he lists as his biggest athletic thrill to date ... Lists running back Ernie Davis as the famous athlete he admires the most ... Hobbies include drawing, football and music ... Relative Keith Jackson has played in the NFL for the Green Bay Packers ... His mom played in the women's professional football league ... Dad is a former high school football All-American ... Sociology major
When I read his bio and Keith Jackson was his relative, I immediately went to the famous college football announcer Keith Jackson, not the football player!!

Reaction Score
Good point. Off the top; not one TX recruit has been a + level player yet. In simplistic terms you are either a - player, neutral or plus level player. Maybe Modeste, Y. Walker and verbal commit Xavier Brown (should he stick) have the best chance to be a plus player.
They used to say about oil deals, no good investment opportunities ever left Texas. Maybe the same is true of high school football players.
No attack fellas but I really like Joe McFadden. :D
Moving on Mora early was downright visionary.
Not to be insulting but Mora moved on UConn early making first contact with DB. He was not even on Dave's list.

Full article here ... Jim Mora ready to start uphill climb with UConn football
Important quote ... ;)
A few details of UConn’s coaching search were revealed. Mora made the first move in the process, contacting Benedict shortly after Randy Edsall departed to say he wanted the UConn job when it became available. “This was the job that I wanted,” he said, pounding the podium for emphasis, “and there was no doubt or hesitation.”

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
John Marinelli - It is really nice to see how serious about recruiting in Connecticut Jim Mora is. Bringing in a coach who grew-up in Connecticut and attending a high school football game here is a terrific way to start.

I know I'm always down on CT HS FB, but it's nice having a HC who doesn't actively detest it.

Reaction Score
I know I'm always down on CT HS FB, but it's nice having a HC who doesn't actively detest it.
If you look at the last 5 or so graduating classes from CT there’s been a steady supply of a few 4 star recruits + solid 3 stars that always end up at P5 programs. We obviously can’t rely on CT to build the roster but if you can land someone like a Drew Pyne or Christian Wilkins (extremely rare case) it’ll help. A top priority has to be establishing ourselves as a viable option for any high level talent in New England and the tri-state area. Also, I have to imagine it’s a bit easier to sell a kid from NJ to to come to UConn than Texas.

Reaction Score
View attachment 71421 Ryan Osborn flexing with the Michigan players lol he was Michigans defensive analyst I believe
Is this the guy that was jaw jacking in the tunnel with OSU? I laughed my a** of seeing this dude. It reminded me of the fat Detroit Pistons Fan who got knocked out by Ron Artest LOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom