Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

Reaction Score
I am glad Mora spent 3 games watching this Team ... culture and coaching and internal psychology. I think his first hire point to some of his conclusions.
We spent a lot of time discussing how Warde was reactive to things going on around him. Can't say that about DB after the Hurley and Mora hires. Moving on Mora early was downright visionary.

Reaction Score
We spent a lot of time discussing how Warde was reactive to things going on around him. Can't say that about DB after the Hurley and Mora hires. Moving on Mora early was downright visionary.

Has got to then transcend these moves into better Players. More creative insightful ways to get the right Line and the WR playmakers. And ... the key still is the QB position. And then Charlton has a voice; but I think we still have the Mazzone insight on Phommachanh. We need elements of tremendous improvement in specific positional need.

Reaction Score
it's hilarious

ALL of the prep schools that matter to us today (as opposed to 15-18 years ago when it was just Milford) are a short drive to Storrs. Without looking at the roster, I don't think we really have much yield from those in the last 10 years. RVD came from the Hun program in NJ; and we got a few others. But cmon ... what do I like about these programs? It is a grade significantly above the HS programs in NE & NY.

Reaction Score
Yep and also he’s cousins with LSU’s old RB Kenny Hilliard as well. And Ike Hilliard is related as well
Nice! We need this kind of pedigree embedded on our staff. He gets it.

Reaction Score
Why would he come here for that
It was loosely reported when I asked this. Now things are clearer with him. A team favorite @ Michigan. Should fit in nicely with us as DL coach. Happy to have him.

Reaction Score
Underwhelmed by his resume' and got his head coach fired......:rolleyes:

I don't know how to place emoticons in this thread. But I would go eyesrolling on this.

YOU know what? cmon ... give me something>? Skip Holtz was a very successful tenure at Louisiana Tech - that's a fact. And this guy Allen? Was at Old Dominion until recent. Zyskowski has to have been around him. WHO did he mentor as Players? There is a list of guys at LA Tech and ODU on his resume on the Louisiana Tech. Methinks we need a bunch of tall 6-3plus guys plus Clercius; Cameron Ross to come back; Keelan Marion to improve. And there's the task. I am not underwhelmed.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
View attachment 71421 Ryan Osborn flexing with the Michigan players lol he was Michigans defensive analyst I believe

Hands down my favorite add to the staff. Michigan fans out this way not happy with him leaving. Big thing though is we finally are out of the old retread of tired coaches who are just here for a paycheck or a favor from our former head coach.

Coaches are going hungry and willing to bring. The fun back got the game of football.

Reaction Score
So anyone want to update their forecast on retained staff? At this hour looking/feeling closer to zero…
No announcement on a tight ends coach yet..........rooting for Corey even though there's little chance.

Reaction Score
Sunday early afternoon recap

Head Coach: Jim Mora

OC: Nick Charlton?
RB Coach: EJ Barthel
WR Coach/Passing Game Coord: John Allen
TE: John Marinelli

DC:
LB Coach: Siriki Diabate
DB Coach: Dalton Hilliard?
DL Coach: Ryan Osborn?

Director of Player Personnel: Preston Pehrson ?

“?” = no official announcement from UConn yet
Given you get 10 total assistants that would indicate that there are three unknown, presumably: DC, OL & (likely) ST

Reaction Score
Would Charlton also serve as QB coach?

That would be my assumption. The OC would typically work more closely with the QB than any other personnel group anyways as he tries to teach the principles of the offense they want to run.. and historically it was the role he had when he was last an OC.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Spanos but I’m glad Mora is burning it all to the ground.
I don't feel bad for anyone, they couldn't do it on the field so they are gone !

Reaction Score
Pretty decent staff right there!
View attachment 71420
If you ever want a trip down memory lane about UConn football, some of the greats we had and how much has changed all you have to do is look at the two years Rick Forzano was Head Coach and compare it to today.

Three future NFL Head Coaches, one NFL Coordinator and one NFL Assistant, plus a great UConn baseball coach all there in 1965 when we went 3-6 and beat Yale for the first time. Wonder what the future might have been if we retained them?

Forzano was named Yankee Conference coach of the year after going 4-4-1 in 1964, and moved on to his first NFL job in 1966.

Forzano, Holtz and Rutigliano went on to be Head Coaches in the NFL (among other positions in college and the NFL), and Sekanovich was a position coach and Adolph was a position coach and Coordinator in the NFL. Baylock spent all but one year at UConn as a baseball coach, both as an assistant and as a very successful Head Coach for 24 years.

The six coaches in the photo were probably all there were for staff too. No recruiting coordinators, no analysts, no nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom