Jim Mora’s new staff coming together… | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Jim Mora’s new staff coming together…

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
According to this article: "Charlton will also be UConn's associate head coach and quarterbacks coach. "

Does anyone have an inkling on the total $ pool for assistant coaches? I'm thinking that may be #1 reason Mora has to settle for a slash.

OTOH, perfect time to make a call... "Hey Dan, if you're serious about coaching here, I've got an opening. No money though."

Reaction Score
Any ideas on DC? I’m stumped. Don’t think it will be a big swing - AHC taken by Charlton and Mora is a defensive guy.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an inkling on the total $ pool for assistant coaches? I'm thinking that may be #1 reason Mora has to settle for a slash.

OTOH, perfect time to make a call... "Hey Dan, if you're serious about coaching here, I've got an opening. No money though."
Or could it be that the OC is a QB “Guru”? And even big programs have a slash

Reaction Score
Could Osborn actually be an Assistant DL coach instead of THE DL coach?
Not sure how much you know about the guy, but he was credited by the players as being equally responsible for the DL success at Michigan as the DL line coach was. This also got him in trouble as he wasn't suppose to be "coaching" the players, but it appears a good deal of their front 7 success came from him.

Reaction Score

You can only have 10 coaches aside from Mora. We don't have a DC, Oline, Special Teams...it is literally impossible to not have a slash with the limit of coaches.

Reaction Score
Lets see who our real bigger, strong and faster strength and conditioning coach is. That too might go a long way to being successful around here.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

UMass v Maine Black Bears on 11/13. I think if you are Mora and got contacted by Charlton or his people ... this one is interesting viewing

Worth watching just for the announcers reaction on the last Maine TD.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You can only have 10 coaches aside from Mora. We don't have a DC, Oline, Special Teams...it is literally impossible to not have a slash with the limit of coaches.
Off Coord
QB
RB
O Line
TE
Def Coor
D Line
LB
DBs/Secondary
Spec Teams

Now, you could split up inside LBs from outside, or DBs from safeties, but it would seem 10 should do the trick, no? You're not having assistant HC not also handle a specific position. No point in that.

Reaction Score

Better than salary he was given a title (AHC). I believe it was not a matter of money but someone who is young and motivated, flexible and can recruit. Also showed strong interest in building something special. Believe it was not a case of saving money. I believe the new attitude is whatever it takes and salary might be decent since he left a head coaching job. Did Kentucky ask this when they hired Coen?

Reaction Score
Off Coord
QB
RB
O Line
TE
Def Coor
D Line
LB
DBs/Secondary
Spec Teams

Now, you could split up inside LBs from outside, or DBs from safeties, but it would seem 10 should do the trick, no? You're not having assistant HC not also handle a specific position. No point in that.
Florida State’s OC is also the QB coach and Ohio state’s OC is the TE’s coach so they must’ve gone the cheap route as well

Reaction Score
Off Coord
QB
RB
O Line
TE
Def Coor
D Line
LB
DBs/Secondary
Spec Teams

Will be interesting to see if he decides to save money by not hiring a special teams coach and designating it to someone else on the staff. It’s not uncommon nowadays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom