Jeff Jacobs: UConn basketball has hit rock bottom | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn basketball has hit rock bottom

Reaction Score
Well, I haven't watched a game in some time. Waiting on Ollue getting fired and all.
Happy to see us lose so miserably. The worse, the better. I'm hoping we get invited to the Class L invitation in Hartford and get beat by Weaver or East Hartford. By 50.

Whatever it takes to convince the powers to Shoo Ollue, that's what I want. Making a run in the AAC tourni would have been a disaster.

For those who say that means i'm not a fan, wrongo, boyo. It means I'm not a short sighted fan.

Kill this. Remove the carcass. Disinfect the area. Start again.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Happy to see us lose so miserably. The worse, the better. I'm hoping we get invited to the Class L invitation in Hartford and get beat by Weaver or East Hartford. By 50.

Whatever it takes to convince the powers to Shoo Ollue, that's what I want. Making a run in the AAC tourni would have been a disaster.

Frank, you’re not a UConn fan. Why would someone who’s a UConn fan be happy that the team lost? You really should leave this website permanently and stop creating new accounts every time the rest of us are tired of your awful shtick.

Reaction Score
Frank, you’re not a UConn fan. Why would someone who’s a UConn fan be happy that the team lost? You really should leave this website permanently and stop creating new accounts every time the rest of us are tired of your awful shtick.
How many times do you think you need to write that to communicate your point? Three? Four? Do you think you're being clever? Do you think you're uncovering some ruse I'm perpetrating? You're Geraldo Rivera breaking into the safe - there's nothing there for you. If you don't like my posts, why not just put me on ignore? Why so desperate to try to draw the attention of others to me? Everyone has gotten your point. How many times do you think you need to make it to be understood?

Why do you think you speak for "the rest of us"? Lot of people on this site hate your @$$.

I don't "create" new accounts because knobs like you are "tired." I get bored, burn the password, restart 1/2 year later. Or so. I could give 2 craps less what you think.

As simply as I can put it - - - I'm happy we lost because the sooner we get Ollie out of here the sooner we can start rebuilding. It's really that simple. The leg has gangrene. I'm advocating cutting the leg off, staunching the flow of blow, sewing up the skin, and starting again with a stump and a prosthetic. You, OTOH, are advocating attempting to treat the gangrene as it persists in infecting the rest of the body. Because you've conflated love of the leg with love of the body. Wrong.

Ollie is cancer. Get rid of him. Him losing helps that. There is no way he will win consistently. Him winning in the short term is fool's gold.

Your gold, as it were, you tool.

Reaction Score
How many times do you think you need to write that to communicate your point? Three? Four? Do you think you're being clever? Do you think you're uncovering some ruse I'm perpetrating? You're Geraldo Rivera breaking into the safe - there's nothing there for you. If you don't like my posts, why not just put me on ignore? Why so desperate to try to draw the attention of others to me? Everyone has gotten your point. How many times do you think you need to make it to be understood?

Why do you think you speak for "the rest of us"? Lot of people on this site hate your @$$.

I don't "create" new accounts because knobs like you are "tired." I get bored, burn the password, restart 1/2 year later. Or so. I could give 2 craps less what you think.

As simply as I can put it - - - I'm happy we lost because the sooner we get Ollie out of here the sooner we can start rebuilding. It's really that simple. The leg has gangrene. I'm advocating cutting the leg off, staunching the flow of blow, sewing up the skin, and starting again with a stump and a prosthetic. You, OTOH, are advocating attempting to treat the gangrene as it persists in infecting the rest of the body. Because you've conflated love of the leg with love of the body. Wrong.

Ollie is cancer. Get rid of him. Him losing helps that. There is no way he will win consistently. Him winning in the short term is fool's gold.

You're a POS you know that. Ollie is cancer? Wanting them to lose - go away.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's a 100% chance JC's family would not allow it. They'd like to keep him alive as long as possible for the grand kids et al. You know, the important stuff.
Not coaching might be riskier than coaching for some.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think The Boneyard is at rock bottom, has been for a year or so now. But there's another level to rock bottom here, just watch if they bring KO back LOL:eek:
It won't be worse than Ollie's coaching.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
It's such a pipedream and I'm not sure it makes sense.

Maybe it keeps the roster in place but then what? He's old and he isn't traveling the country to recruit and the travel demands of this conference don't help either.

It could be fun and would certainly bring fans back but I wouldn't count on it and I'm not convinced we would want it to happen.

Id dont think its happening but i just imagined the roar from Gampel Pavillion as coach walked back onto that court for the first time. Kinda like the time i heard "We kicked some A and we broke some hearts". Chills.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One source indicated there has been some NCAA scrutiny recently on some potential workout violations involving a couple of UConn players, but it’s difficult to tell how much impact something like that could have.

What is a workout violation?

Wait, are you saying we actually practiced this year? Hard to believe.

Reaction Score

Rock bottom is pre Jim Calhoun, watching us lose to UHART in the Civic Center. Jacobs is an ambulance chaser who thrives on dumping on UCONN and had a one man feud with Jim Calhoun.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

A complete BS reply
As far as I'm concerned if you feel this way, you are the disease
You can hope for any coach to be relieved of his/her duties but to refer to someone who bleeds UConn as that horrible disease ?
I do not care if KO stays or KO goes, but I respect and hold the man in very high regard for his contributions to the UConn family.
You are not what I would even consider to be a "casual" fan - only an agitator - less than a tool
Anyone who wishes the team they supposedly follows to lose - speaks volumes of where that persons head is at - time for you to pull it out of the hole
As far as burning passwords - do us all a favor and just stay out
You and others - who have replied, liked your crap on here and use every thread to twist it with an anti KO statement make the Boneyard a depressing place (stealing that one Mau!)

Reaction Score
A complete BS reply
You can hope for any coach to be relieved of his/her duties but to refer to someone who bleeds UConn as that horrible disease ?
I do not care if KO stays or KO goes, but I respect and hold the man in very high regard for his contributions to the UConn family.
You are not what I would even consider to be a "casual" fan - only an agitator - less than a tool
Anyone who wishes the team they supposedly follows to lose - speaks volumes of where that persons head is at - time for you to pull it out of the hole
You and others - who have replied, liked your crap on here and use every thread to twist it with an anti KO statement make the Boneyard a depressing place (stealing that one Mau!)
Lol don't pretend you're some sort of neutral observer. Youre king of the Ollie fan club. You have gone after and attacked people who disagree with you for the better part of a year now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rock bottom is pre Jim Calhoun, watching us lose to UHART in the Civic Center. Jacobs is an ambulance chaser who thrives on dumping on UCONN and had a one man feud with Jim Calhoun.
Losing to UHar wasn't pre-Jim Calhoun, it was Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
A complete BS reply

Not defending the poster here but I think you may want to take your own advice: Don't Forget What Crap is On The Bubble

One of the few examples that I can think of where I snapped on a regular boneyard poster and you were "gracious" enough to call me out on it. Never mind that you undress people like an emotional wreck in 80% of your posts.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
This might be the first time ever that I hope Jacobs is right about something.... I truly hope this is rock bottom and that it doesn't get any worse.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Geno take over but I'm not sure he'd want the headache. I think he'd be a fantastic men's coach though, I love his blunt and honest style and the man knows the game as well as anyone.

I don't think there's any chance Calhoun comes back but why would we want to go down that road anyway? Recruiting would be a bear, trying to sell kids on a fading program that has an old-timer in place for only a year or two? And the last JC succession plan didn't exactly turn out well.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Geno take over but I'm not sure he'd want the headache. I think he'd be a fantastic men's coach though, I love his blunt and honest style and the man knows the game as well as anyone.

I don't think there's any chance Calhoun comes back but why would we want to go down that road anyway? Recruiting would be a bear, trying to sell kids on a fading program that has an old-timer in place for only a year or two? And the last JC succession plan didn't exactly turn out well.
The only way Calhoun works is if we name a head coach in waiting right away. I still don't think that's even a good idea though

Reaction Score
Well, I haven't watched a game in some time. Waiting on Ollue getting fired and all.

For those who say that means i'm not a fan, wrongo, boyo. It means I'm not a short sighted fan.

Kill this. Remove the carcass. Disinfect the area. Start again.
IGNORE is your friend... Took me a minute to figure out that something in this thread was missing. Well not "missing", really.

Ironic that I've been part of this community for two decades and this is the first person I ever felt deserved an ignore. Impressive accomplishment!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom