Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: NCAA investigating UConn men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In October, after the FBI stuff, the NCAA asked all programs to conduct internal reviews. UConn hired outside counsel who in the course of their own investigation found irregularities. UConn passed the info on to Indianapolis, who has begun their own investigation.
Yes, this is the logical conclusion based on what we have heard. It will be interesting to find out what they found but, until then, this is all we have. Anything else is speculation.

Reaction Score
So the theory is that the Athletic Director, knowing that (1) a previous athletic director was denied his full buyout by the current President for merely being AD when violations occurred, and (2) any significant finding is likely a killing blow to the men's basketball program, disclosed potential wrongdoing by the men's basketball program to the NCAA and then leaked that information to the press?

Just want to get this straight . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I can already picture the SNL skit:

A little kid in a UConn shirt is stealing a Hershey’s bar from the corner store.

The clerk calls the cops.

The SWAT team comes and unloads on the kid upon first sight.

A guy in a UNC shirt comes in with his arm around the clerks wife, takes the cash out of the register, and walks out chopping it up with the cops.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm only on the first page of this thread, but here is the link to the ESPN story. Sorry if it has already been posted elsewhere.

Payments to players by Louisville, no show/ no work classes at UNC, hookers and coke at Miami and the NCAA is asleep at the wheel. But god forbid we send and extra text and they are on us like white on rice. I have no idea what they are looking at but I will assume that it isn't major until I hear it is.

For the fire Ollie crowd, if there is a violation, it is a breach of his contract and would allow for a for cause termination.

Reaction Score
Watch the replay of the Houston game last year when Adams was out and then try and say ball handling wasn't an issue.

It was so refreshing not having to read any of your crap for a whole day. Did your meds run out or did someone leave your cage unlocked?
Wow, I am really striking a nerve. Excellent! Look, champ, Adams wasn't out all season. Pick any WTF loss with him in the game and tell me it was ball handling. Last year wasn't a train wreck due to a lack of ball handling, a lack of talent or a lack of experience. Are you really this dense or are you just that dedicated to KO?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Just self impose an NCAA Tournament ban for this season and move on.

That is what the Syracuses and Lousivilles of the world would do....

We actually don't even know if any violations occurred, and I don't think it has even risen to the level of a formal inquiry yet.

Reaction Score
Missed it, what did you post?

A vague reference to Hathaway getting less than his contract buyout, and insinuating that a "code of conduct violation" could be deemed cause for Ollie (in clear reference to his personal conduct but vague enough that he can take credit for somehow predicting an NCAA investigation). So, nothing.

Reaction Score

We’ve reached the part where Ollie starts getting completely trashed by the media. It’s going to be ugly.

This is not good for KO and UConn even if it ends up to be nothing it still doesn’t look good.

Reaction Score
I like the press coverage. I've been feeling lonely and insecure. Embrace the bad boy image.

Reaction Score
Perhaps signing the extension was never a gamble for AD Dave, having knowledge of Article 10, section D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom