Jeff Goodman in Storrs | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Jeff Goodman in Storrs

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Welp, time to jump in with bold predictions based off what I've seen in this thread.

Here it is. Hawkins will be one of the top two scorers on this season's team.

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley may use a different technique to do it but that's exactly what he's done too. We funneled guys into the paint towards Whaley and Sanogo. Will be interesting to see if he still does it this year when we're playing a smaller lineup the majority of the time
I’ll defer to your knowledge but I don’t recall Thabeet or Mek at the 3pt line.

Reaction Score
Maybe not but they all attempted 1+ 3's a game last year so you at least have to defend them out there. Dixon was only at 0.9 3PA technically but shot 48.6%
He made less than half a three per game.

Clingan is 7'2, he better not be running out on the three point line like Carlton did. It's like pretending Whaley would burn you from deep, you let these guys shoot.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He made less than half a three per game.

Clingan is 7'2, he better not be running out on the three point line like Carlton did. It's like pretending Whaley would burn you from deep, you let these guys shoot.
Even when Whaley went off and made a bunch against Creighton, McDermott still left him alone because it allowed them to shut down everything else and play 5 on 4.

Reaction Score
Even when Whaley went off and made a bunch against Creighton, McDermott still left him alone because it allowed them to shut down everything else and play 5 on 4.
Yep

Reaction Score
I hope you are correct but the video we saw of DC running around the 3 pt line give me pause
Think that was a rotations practice drill. If the defense gets into rotation, everyone has to rotate.

Reaction Score
If that one guy is going off, isn't that -- by definition -- not shutting everything down?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If that one guy is going off, isn't that -- by definition -- not shutting everything down?
He knew Hurley wouldn’t let Whaley take most of the shots and if he did, he’d probably start missing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom