Jeff Goodman at practice today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jeff Goodman at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
not good, you want him to stand out.
UConn has far outgrown its underdog mentality that the fans love to cling to, albeit the conference realignment saga has knocked us down a peg.

Reaction Score
I really like the idea that Enoch is playing a complete game. We all know he has offensive touch and physical ability. But he was a total space cadet at times last season. Mostly on D.

I hadn't seen this tweet before.

Reaction Score
Unless I'm missing something about Brimah's role as shot blocker, haven't most, if not all, of our previous great/very good shot blockers been good rebounders as well?

Bingo^^^^

Thabeet rebounds/blocks career 3 years only:

6.4/3.8
7.9/4.5
10.8/4.2

Add to it he was much more of an impact shot blocker to the point he got less chances because they pulled rebounds out, and he improved dramatically as a rebounder. We have the right to expect a big jump this year it's the 4th year. Hope we see it as it will be good for him too!

Reaction Score
At his best, brimah can rebound and showcase his defensive stalwart status, just take a look at his game vs cincy in Orlando. The main issue, bigger than overzealous shotblocking or rebounding , is his inability to set any hard screens. There hasn't been a big with worst screen setting footwork like him ever, he loves just slipping and going for lobs even though it accomplishes nothing for other players. He also attempts to post up far too much, he should NEVER be demanding the ball downlow... that's just bad coaching. If he gets a switch ok but his game should revolve around hard screen setting and being a 'vertical spacer' .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We have the right to expect a big jump this year it's the 4th year. Hope we see it as it will be good for him too!

I don't see why. Has he shown anything where you expect a great jump? I guess you could go with the injury thing holding him back last year. I just think he lacks too much basketball awareness to truly put it together. I'm hoping for some incremental improvement. Someone said it above, just set some damn screens. If he can do that properly, they can build off of it.

H

huskymagic

Amida is our best big man prospect right now to get drafted and stick in the NBA. He has got many tools such as height, athleticism, a motor, elite shotblocking, and good form on his jump shot that as fans we should expect a big season out of Brimah. There is no reason not to, and now that he gained serious weight and is around 240 he has it all together for a monster season. As good as Enoch's prhysical profile is, he is not better than Brimah right now, and if he improves and surpasses Brimah this year, that bodes well for us winning title number 5

P.S. Some of you are dismissing Rodney and overestimating our freshman way too early. Rodney I think will be a top 3 player for us and reminds me of Langston Galloway of the Knicks. He will make the NBA with his work ethic as he has the size, shooting, and athleticism to get a look. As for the freshman I am hoping Alterique can equal Ryan Boatright's freshman year or what Napier did his freshman year, and that will be a success for us. Juwan Durham has huge potential(reminds me of a bigger DeAndre Daniels with same skill set).

Reaction Score
Amida is our best big man prospect right now to get drafted and stick in the NBA. He has got many tools such as height, athleticism, a motor, elite shotblocking, and good form on his jump shot that as fans we should expect a big season out of Brimah. There is no reason not to, and now that he gained serious weight and is around 240 he has it all together for a monster season. As good as Enoch's prhysical profile is, he is not better than Brimah right now, and if he improves and surpasses Brimah this year, that bodes well for us winning title number 5

P.S. Some of you are dismissing Rodney and overestimating our freshman way too early. Rodney I think will be a top 3 player for us and reminds me of Langston Galloway of the Knicks. He will make the NBA with his work ethic as he has the size, shooting, and athleticism to get a look. As for the freshman I am hoping Alterique can equal Ryan Boatright's freshman year or what Napier did his freshman year, and that will be a success for us. Juwan Durham has huge potential(reminds me of a bigger DeAndre Daniels with same skill set).

I think you're being a bit of a homer with these guys.

Rodney won't play many, if any minutes on the NBA. He is the size of a an NBA pg but has zero handle. He has tiny arms and hands which will limit his finishing. He is also very old.

Amida has consistently been eaten alive by skilled bigs. He lacks the awareness to be an NBA big.

The reason why they weren't in the NBA were the reasons why we were lucky enough to keep them for their full college tenure.

Reaction Score
I think you're being a bit of a homer with these guys.

Rodney won't play many, if any minutes on the NBA. He is the size of a an NBA pg but has zero handle. He has tiny arms and hands which will limit his finishing. He is also very old.

Amida has consistently been eaten alive by skilled bigs. He lacks the awareness to be an NBA big.

The reason why they weren't in the NBA were the reasons why we were lucky enough to keep them for their full college tenure.

You must be more of a rookie than I thought. You will get used to "magic" man, he loves AB and still believes, which I admire. He does say some legit stuff, I mean if Steve does just what he says we will be a better team. And Rodney is a better player than you obviously give him credit for, at least a college player for sure. I agree he will have a hard time getting to the NBA if he does at all, but I admire the kid/man and believe he will make it big in Europe and work like hell to take the KO route to the bigs. He is limited no doubt, but "old"? I mean what are you 14?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
You must be more of a rookie than I thought. You will get used to "magic" man, he loves AB and still believes, which I admire. He does say some legit stuff, I mean if Steve does just what he says we will be a better team. And Rodney is a better player than you obviously give him credit for, at least a college player for sure. I agree he will have a hard time getting to the NBA if he does at all, but I admire the kid/man and believe he will make it big in Europe and work like hell to take the KO route to the bigs. He is limited no doubt, but "old"? I mean what are you 14?:rolleyes:

I actually love purvis. He's an awesome ambassador for the program and a solid college player. I didn't mean to get down on the guy.

He's not cassel old.. but I mean that guy must be 40 by the time he leaves college.

Reaction Score
I actually love purvis. He's an awesome ambassador for the program and a solid college player. I didn't mean to get down on the guy.

He's not cassel old.. but I mean that guy must be 40 by the time he leaves college.
He'll actually be 23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog