Jax's shot | The Boneyard

Jax's shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
15 in a row is fantastic. but as @Hoophound said, still not conventional. It starts at the waist line and in general seems slow. He's got a hitch with his right foot.
Bottom line for me, I could care less what it looks like and how it gets there. If he can get his shot off and hit with a decent percentage, I don't care. He can go Curly Neal from half court or Rick Barry underhand style for all I care. Just swish it.

Reaction Score
15 in a row is fantastic. but as @Hoophound said, still not conventional. It starts at the waist line and in general seems slow. He's got a hitch with his right foot.
Bottom line for me, I could care less what it looks like and how it gets there. If he can get his shot off and hit with a decent percentage, I don't care. He can go Curly Neal from half court or Rick Barry underhand style for all I care. Just swish it.
Right foot and his right elbow.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He is still bringing it down really low, and it's a chest push shot, two handed it looks like, rather than a real jump shot with a proper release. Should be ok if he's wide open and hits them at a solid clip. But at the next level that shot is getting blocked frequently.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Still slow and janky, but if it goes in 36%+ of the time, who cares?

There’s no style points.

Fully Agree. I'm way past the look of it. 3 shooting will never be a feature of his game, he just needs to be a threat of draining them when teams dare him. That simple item will open him up for things that SHOULD be part of his feature package.

Honestly I'm more eager to see what he does about his finishing choices and methods when going to the rim. He's a freak athlete with a good handle and what happens when he gets in the paint off the bounce or cuts has been more mystifying to me than his unique 3 form. He should be eating peoples lunches when getting to the rack with a head of steam, but we've seen a lot of weird finish attempts when he gets there. Also his floater looks as unique as his Jumper form, it is like a line drive shot put. Again, I don't care whit about it if they go in. An effective pull up floater is absolutely necessary for him to be great considering his tool box.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fully Agree. I'm way past the look of it. 3 shooting will never be a feature of his game, he just needs to be a threat of draining them when teams dare him. That simple item will open him up for things that SHOULD be part of his feature package.

Honestly I'm more eager to see what he does about his finishing choices and methods when going to the rim. He's a freak athlete with a good handle and what happens when he gets in the paint off the bounce or cuts has been more mystifying to me than his unique 3 form. He should be eating peoples lunches when getting to the rack with a head of steam, but we've seen a lot of weird finish attempts when he gets there. Also his floater looks as unique as his Jumper form, it is like a line drive shot put. Again, I don't care whit about it if they go in. An effective pull up floater is absolutely necessary for him to be great considering his tool box.
A kid who is as athletic as he is would doing the opponent a favor if he decided to camp out at the arc.

He needs to be able to hit them at a rate good enough where people are not playing ten feet off of him, but, agreed, far more interested in him scoring closer to the basket.

Reaction Score

We've seen less finishes and more awkward random last minute passes to other players. When he turns they corner work momentum and a clear path to the baskets he needs to know that he's no longer Pistol Pete...

Reaction Score
I think it is better because it is faster and his alignment is better. The ball also has a nice rotation and consistent arc.

That said, it is still fugly.

Reaction Score
He's putting in the effort to get better. He will never be a pure scorer but he can improve. Give him credit. He could be a more athletic DHam. Cutting down on turnovers and exploiting angles are his next step. Go hard to the rim & get the basket or fouled will take him to the next step!

Reaction Score
at least he’s comfortable taking 3’s. another great trick in his bag

Reaction Score
He's putting in the effort to get better. He will never be a pure scorer but he can improve. Give him credit. He could be a more athletic DHam. Cutting down on turnovers and exploiting angles are his next step. Go hard to the rim & get the basket or fouled will take him to the next step!

How dare you have an opinion on a basketball player.

Reaction Score
I’m with those who think it actually looks worst, one more jerk or whatever to it. But make 35-37% in order to make them guard him there then find some confidence to finish at the rack. That’s all....

Reaction Score
Not really. I just want to see makes off a dribble
Yeah. If he has a weird shot from 3, that’s fine if he shoots it at a good percentage. But his form has been so strange that he literally can’t shoot off the dribble (besides the boneyard favorite floater). As a wing player, he should have some pull up, side step, step back skills off the dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom