Jax's shot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jax's shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We’ve made it 25 posts in this thread without anyone arguing about a dip. I for one am impressed.
The board has beat the salsa versus onion dip debate to death. (In before August talks about Arby’s horsey sauce.)

Reaction Score
As has been stated, use your athleticism to get to the rim and you gotta dunk that sheet! Take it to the hole.

His form is better than Cousy's I think. Form shmorm.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
As long as it goes in he can do whatever is comfortable. I haven’t watched Ben Simmons a ton but he’s made a mint in the NBA while not being able to shoot a lick, so he might be a guy for AJax to pattern his game after. Just stay away from the Kardashians…

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A but smoother, but he's still releasing it just above chin height.

Reaction Score
Starts at the waist. Almost impossible for an off the dribble pull up and no step back. I don’t understand this.

Reaction Score
He's getting the shot off very quickly kinda like Curry does who also doesn't always jump up and shoot. As long as he makes a decent percentage who cares how it looks?

Reaction Score
With Ajax's passing ability to be able to be a threat driving the ball would be huge. I hope that skill is getting better. Hurley and his staff are on the line coaching wise as that 3 point shot is still ugly as F. Can not see how the release is so low but it goes in. Ajax is willing to work to get it done so what is the solution? It is not just next season but his career potential.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Better than being bad at shooting the wrong way...
We would being bad at doing something wrong make you good at doing it right?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Bounce

Reaction Score
Talk to me when he can make a normal layup on a drive to the hoop. He's got some serious yips when it comes to that shot.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Fully Agree. I'm way past the look of it. 3 shooting will never be a feature of his game, he just needs to be a threat of draining them when teams dare him. That simple item will open him up for things that SHOULD be part of his feature package.

Honestly I'm more eager to see what he does about his finishing choices and methods when going to the rim. He's a freak athlete with a good handle and what happens when he gets in the paint off the bounce or cuts has been more mystifying to me than his unique 3 form. He should be eating peoples lunches when getting to the rack with a head of steam, but we've seen a lot of weird finish attempts when he gets there. Also his floater looks as unique as his Jumper form, it is like a line drive shot put. Again, I don't care whit about it if they go in. An effective pull up floater is absolutely necessary for him to be great considering his tool box.

So weird when you see a guy with that much talent and training/coaching do practically everything the least efficient way. You’re right though, all of his offense is awkward.

He’s a freak athlete, but he’s not a naturally smooth offensive player in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom