2020 Recruiting: - Javonte Brown-Ferguson Announcement Date | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Javonte Brown-Ferguson Announcement Date

Reaction Score
I still am predicting A&M, the two week gap between his OV and announcement combined with Coach Hunter's untimely absence concerns me. Hope I'm wrong.

Great post! Based on nothing more than him not announcing his decision soon enough for your comfort, you assume he is going to Texas A&M, a school that you could be forgiven for forgetting has a basketball program.
Forget reading into more relevant evidence, like him literally ending his recruitment after visiting Uconn or Kansas, a school that gets almost any kid it wants, moving on to other prospects.

P.S. Still DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never understood the concept of "leading" when it comes to recruiting.

That's like saying the heads "leads" while the coin is in the air.

No it's not. 1) It's not a 50/50 weighted decision and 2) It's not random.

It means he's still considering both (or more schools), but if was forced to choose immediately , he's take UConn. That said, A&M has the opportunity to regain his favor with the right pitch.

It's not that difficult.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never understood the concept of "leading" when it comes to recruiting.

That's like saying the heads "leads" while the coin is in the air.

Think of it like it's a weighted coin (say 60/40) being flipped, but you don't know whether heads or tails has it weighted in its favor (or how heavy the weight usually). Either way, you have a decent chance of losing. But if it's reported that we're leading, that means we're the ones with the weight in our favor on the flip.

Reaction Score
Think of it like it's a weighted coin (say 60/40) being flipped, but you don't know whether heads or tails has it weighted in its favor (or how heavy the weight usually). Either way, you have a decent chance of losing. But if it's reported that we're leading, that means we're the ones with the weight in our favor on the flip.

Or like momentarily having thought you might get a Shih Tzu instead of a Husky, but now the Husky is back in the lead

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone have footage on Javonte Brown? Other than just the old video on youtube.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have footage on Javonte Brown? Other than just the old video on youtube.
if you type in "thornlea basketball" on youtube you can pull up some full games, haven't found any recent highlight tapes

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No it's not. 1) It's not a 50/50 weighted decision and 2) It's not random.

It means he's still considering both (or more schools), but if was forced to choose immediately , he's take UConn. That said, A&M has the opportunity to regain his favor with the right pitch.

It's not that difficult.

Agree in theory. But anyone that claims they know what the kid is thinking is likely making a lot of assumptions.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20191112-142929_Chrome.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree in theory. But anyone that claims they know what the kid is thinking is likely making a lot of assumptions.

Sure. I think the best analogy is political polls. In general they are fairly predictive. But they aren't always right in each specific case. Often there are factors they didn't consider. In this case, the polling suggests he will commit to UConn.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It's usually just coming from people in the program who talk to the kid daily. It's their sense. Then there's those who get info from people who talk through the decision with the kid (AAU coach or something). Mainly a 'where there's smoke there's fire' thing.

Nobody can read a guy's mind. Especially a 17 year old.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I still am predicting A&M, the two week gap between his OV and announcement combined with Coach Hunter's untimely absence concerns me. Hope I'm wrong.
If this is for any purpose other than your thinking it affects the mojo to do so, it's a terrible post.
Actually, it's terrible no matter what.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

And the thrower has laser beam eyes that can change the weightings mid air based on whim or new decision making factors.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The buzz earlier at Squeaky Clean Car Wash and Lube Center in North Branford is UConn all the way on this one. Juan The Buffer was all giddy on this one while Hector The Waxer had a wait and see attitude. Juan The Rinser yelled, "Loooooking gooood!!!!"

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom