Jasmine Lister Status | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What makes this a bad look? This is the second (maybe third) thread which began the very first game that Jasmine was missing from the UCONN bench. Geno was asked about it post game and the commentators (Bob Joyce) commented on it during the game @Biff posted a picture showing that Jasmine was not on the bench during the last game. UCONN has put out a statement. People are concerned and some are expressing their concern here on the BY. Where is the need for oversight?

CocoHusky, the official UCONN response cited "Jasmine Lister has taken a leave of absence from her duties with the team for personal reasons." The amount of speculation in this thread, some not nearly sounding like concern, borders on an invasion of that privacy. If we are civil that means please step back and respect the reason cited... personal; therefore her business not our business. You may not see it that way.

Reaction Score
HIPAA is 115 pages long and it covers everything having to do with an organization or their employees sharing confidential medical information.

I know how long it is - but you are wrong about what it covers. Not saying they should do it, but most people could disclose info on an injury or illness if they didn't get the info from a doctor or medical records. There have been a number of articles on this very subject.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CocoHusky, the official UCONN response cited "Jasmine Lister has taken a leave of absence from her duties with the team for personal reasons." The amount of speculation in this thread, some not nearly sounding like concern, borders on an invasion of that privacy. If we are civil that means please step back and respect the reason cited... personal; therefore her business not our business. You may not see it that way.
Regarding the speculation I believe you and I are in full agreement because this is what I wrote prior to the UCONN announcement: "The speculation as to why she is absent should not continue until the team makes an announcement." The announce was sufficient for me. Sufficient for me is not sufficient for everyone and I have seen some post advocating more information. As a practical matter it is impossible to invade Jasmine's privacy from the BY & I have not seen a post advocating such.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I have many more questions.

Who killed JFK?
What happened to MH370?
What are the Power Ball numbers?
Why do I have so many orphan socks?
Lee Harvey Oswald
It crashed
1580509941571.png

There is an interdimensional sock portal in your dryer.

You're welcome.

Reaction Score
I've never seen so many people so protective over a state worker. Usually they are the target of taxpayer ire in this state.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And maybe those are personal friends, family, etc. Regardless I do not think under the circumstances it is anyone’s business but hers. It seems you disagree, so be it. I happen to feel someone’s personal business is just that, it seems you also disagree with that, so be that also.

Jasmine's Twitter and IG accounts are not private which she could certainly make them. They are available for public viewing. Not sure what the problem is with noticing when she drastically changes them at the time she is absent from the program and now on leave.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Ladies and Gentleman lets drop this conversation and thread. Lets wait until something is published. We are talking about a young ladies reputation and your opinions couldnt help it. Let just wait, and hope for the best. IMO this is getting a little too negitive. Please respect her and UConn. Thanks and God Bless

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sort of lost in all the chatter about why Jaz is gone is the fact that Jamelle Elliott has agreed to fill in. I know it was posted in here a page or 2 back, but I think that's huge news and thought there would be more discussion on that...

I will admit one of my early thoughts when I first found out Jaz was gone was "what's going to happen with recruiting"? She's been at UCONN a little over a year an a half as an assistant, and the recruiting has taken off. Not sure how much of the heavy lifting of recruiting has fallen to her - we know Geno was heavily involved with Paige (per her coach), but still - I worried about recruiting in the short term and over the next year (I'm a worry wart I guess).

Don't know what Jamelle's responsibilities will be, but even if she takes over any the local tasks that the assistants shared (scouting opponents, hands on coaching, practices, etc etc), it will let Shea travel more to see recruits (if any of that is going on). Or give Shea more time to follow up with phone calls or connections or whatever the assistants do with regards to recruiting... Recruiting coordinator and what not. Somebody's gotta do it!!!

She was an assistant for 12 seasons with Geno/CD so she certainly knows the lay of the land. I hope she's a steadying influence during this time of flux.

Reaction Score
I kind of agree with what @Charliebball wrote. Geno and CD are the real closers when it comes to recruiting. Recall that when Marisa left many people expressed the same concern that UCONN had lost the ability to connect with this younger generation. Here is an out the box idea that could be the solution. Chloe Pavlech is a former UCONN graduate assistant. I'm going to skip right over the part about her playing at Maryland because that doesn't have much to do with the story and I long ago forgave her. When last seen here on the BY Chloe was with both Paige and Azzi. Maybe UCONN brings back Chloe as a closer she can definitely relate to this generation.
I hope so. I just worry because I know how important social media is to these kids and I feel like Chloe or Jasmine are important as a connection or bridge between CD and Geno

Reaction Score
Sort of lost in all the chatter about why Jaz is gone is the fact that Jamelle Elliott has agreed to fill in. I know it was posted in here a page or 2 back, but I think that's huge news and thought there would be more discussion on that...

I will admit one of my early thoughts when I first found out Jaz was gone was "what's going to happen with recruiting"? She's been at UCONN a little over a year an a half as an assistant, and the recruiting has taken off. Not sure how much of the heavy lifting of recruiting has fallen to her - we know Geno was heavily involved with Paige (per her coach), but still - I worried about recruiting in the short term and over the next year (I'm a worry wart I guess).

Don't know what Jamelle's responsibilities will be, but even if she takes over any the local tasks that the assistants shared (scouting opponents, hands on coaching, practices, etc etc), it will let Shea travel more to see recruits (if any of that is going on). Or give Shea more time to follow up with phone calls or connections or whatever the assistants do with regards to recruiting... Recruiting coordinator and what not. Somebody's gotta do it!!!

She was an assistant for 12 seasons with Geno/CD so she certainly knows the lay of the land. I hope she's a steadying influence during this time of flux.
Per many Geno shows and articles, they all do everything. They take turns doing the scout, and most of the other tasks, and they all recruit and communicate. These 4 have worked together before. This is the best outcome the coaching staff could get. Jamelle is close to all of them.

Reaction Score
Jamelle stepping in will be a major plus for the bigs as the thing that made Jamelle great was her "heart"!
ONO, Irwin, Adebayo, and Batouly (if healthy), will play possessed BB from Jamelle!
It'll be like Moses coming down from the mountain!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I kind of agree with what @Charliebball wrote. Geno and CD are the real closers when it comes to recruiting. Recall that when Marisa left many people expressed the same concern that UCONN had lost the ability to connect with this younger generation. Here is an out the box idea that could be the solution. Chloe Pavlech is a former UCONN graduate assistant. I'm going to skip right over the part about her playing at Maryland because that doesn't have much to do with the story and I long ago forgave her. When last seen here on the BY Chloe was with both Paige and Azzi. Maybe UCONN brings back Chloe as a closer she can definitely relate to this generation.
I like Chloe, plus I think Geno and staff do too. After she left UConn, she went into media/broadcasting. That may be her true interest, not coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom