Jasmine Lister Status | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Then why did you bring it up?
CocoHusky : "Jasmine's absence is not a private matter though , not only is she a public figure she is also an employee of the State of Connecticut."
I didn't. Reading might be fundamental but obviously comprehension is evasive.
Jasmine's absence (FROM THE TEAM) is not a private matter, otherwise UCONN would not have just put out a statement.

Reaction Score
Jasmine's absence (FROM THE TEAM) is not a private matter, otherwise UCONN would not have just put out a statement.
Note: The quote from your post is CocoHusky : "Jasmine's absence is not a private matter though , not only is she a public figure she is also an employee of the State of Connecticut." (FROM the TEAM) above is added with this post quoting a statement that does not appear in your post and it changes the original meaning of your actual post. Maybe your communication skills need improving.

Your post is just plain doublespeak. Not even a nice try .... and as usual remarkably insulting.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What possible questions would you have left unanswered!

Who? Jasmine
What? Taking a leave of absence
Why? Private matter.
When? 1 February 2020
Replacement? Jemelle Elliot
I have many more questions.

Who killed JFK?
What happened to MH370?
What are the Power Ball numbers?
Why do I have so many orphan socks?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If in fact Jasmine’s absence is a “health related” matter then it is in fact private, covered by HIPAA laws. Certainly, UConn has the right and responsibility to explain the transition to Jamelle on a temporary basis, but they have no right to go beyond with the details surrounding the specific reason for Jasmine’s absence. Let’s simply hope that whatever the “personal” reason is for Jasmine’s departure, she deals with it successfully and comes back healthy and ready to go.

Reaction Score
If in fact Jasmine’s absence is a “health related” matter then it is in fact private, covered by HIPAA laws. Certainly, UConn has the right and responsibility to explain the transition to Jamelle on a temporary basis, but they have no right to go beyond with the details surrounding the specific reason for Jasmine’s absence. Let’s simply hope that whatever the “personal” reason is for Jasmine’s departure, she deals with it successfully and comes back healthy and ready to go.
Absolutely. We are all faced with challenging situations in our lives and we are entitled to the space to deal with them as best we can. The parties that need to know do know and those of us that admire and respect her should offer her our support as she chooses to accept it.

Reaction Score
If she was very instrumental in the commitment of many of the recently committed recruits and the news is negative, that could also be a big problem. My hope is that she will be on UConn's bench again.

we simply have no way of knowing how instrumental she has been in the recruiting process but we do know that CD and Geno are the ultimate arbiters when it comes to offering players..........from the articles I've read it's still the sight of Geno sitting court side at a high school game that gets the recruits attention...........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Note: The quote from your post is CocoHusky : "Jasmine's absence is not a private matter though , not only is she a public figure she is also an employee of the State of Connecticut." (FROM the TEAM) above is added with this post quoting a statement that does not appear in your post and it changes the original meaning of your actual post. Maybe your communication skills need improving.

Your post is just plain doublespeak. Not even a nice try .... and as usual remarkably insulting.
:eek: Sorry for the confusing doublespeak. When I said "Jasmine absence" I was referring to those Tuesday morning pilates classes which Jasmine has been skipping out on over the last of couple months. :D

Reaction Score
Did not know that. That's not a good sign.
Did not know that. That's not a good sign.
Geno's statement, “We will (address the situation) when the right time comes,” he said. “She’s on a personal leave right now.” Hopefully, for her, it isn't something bad that impacts more than just a job. But the 'Right Time' portion of Geno's statement makes it sound like more than just the flu.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Most , if not all ,posters are not demanding to know her personal health information. But they are interested in her general health and well being. We are interested because she is a valued member of the UConn community and the Uconn WBB family. People want to know that she will be okay , not what the diagnosis is. If it is truly a personal matter and she is moving on in her life, we don't need to know the details. But rather that she and UConn will continue on their separate ways with no adverse effects to either party. I hope she returns and prospers, but if she doesn't return I still hope she prospers. Once a Husky, always a Husky!

Reaction Score

Not advocating for any disclosures, but HIPAA really doesn't cover much. If Geno or the UConn SID wanted to give a full report, based on their own knowledge - not anything they learned from medical records, they would be free to do so.

Reaction Score
Personally, I don’t think it is anyone’s business; it has already been identified as personal, so I think that should be respected. As for social media, wouldn‘t it be logical that anyone would not want to deal with hundreds of social media accounts under such circumstances? My first and last comment other than to say I wish her all the best and Godspeed in dealing with the situation.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As for social media, wouldn‘t it be logical that anyone would not want to deal with hundreds of social media accounts under such circumstances?

She's not obligated to interact with her follows on social media and I don't think she really ever does. Also, she still has hundreds of non-UConn related Twitter and Instagram follows up.

Reaction Score
we simply have no way of knowing how instrumental she has been in the recruiting process but we do know that CD and Geno are the ultimate arbiters when it comes to offering players..........from the articles I've read it's still the sight of Geno sitting court side at a high school game that gets the recruits attention...........
This is what I’m most concerned about in regards to basketball. I feel like having her as a coach was a real connection to the younger generation. Jamelle and Shea I have confidence in, but jasmine age wise probably had been able to develop a closer bond. Hope I’m wrong.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow - folks, we do not have any 'right' to personal information of anyone employed by the state and we have the right to expect our employers whether they are public or private entities to protect our personal information.

Whatever the situation with Jasmine, the information that has been provided by Uconn is designed to provide the required public information as it relates to the team and her employment situation (she is taking a leave.) We may like her, be concerned for her, and be curious to know more, but we should all respect her privacy as Uconn and the staff and players are doing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Wow - folks, we do not have any 'right' to personal information of anyone employed by the state and we have the right to expect our employers whether they are public or private entities to protect our personal information.
Whatever the situation with Jasmine, the information that has been provided by Uconn is designed to provide the required public information as it relates to the team and her employment situation (she is taking a leave.) We may like her, be concerned for her, and be curious to know more, but we should all respect her privacy as Uconn and the staff and players are doing.
Who has stated a "right" to personal information?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Not advocating for any disclosures, but HIPAA really doesn't cover much. If Geno or the UConn SID wanted to give a full report, based on their own knowledge - not anything they learned from medical records, they would be free to do so.
HIPAA is 115 pages long and it covers everything having to do with an organization or their employees sharing confidential medical information.

Reaction Score
This is what I’m most concerned about in regards to basketball. I feel like having her as a coach was a real connection to the younger generation. Jamelle and Shea I have confidence in, but jasmine age wise probably had been able to develop a closer bond. Hope I’m wrong.

that's certainly possible although I don't remember ever seeing her name mentioned in a report about a possible recruit................she may have been the initial contact but ultimately any recruit that has interest in UConn is far more concerned about their relationship with CD and Geno..................regardless of the professional ramifications I wish her well..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think that at this point a little oversight on this thread from our moderators might be warranted.
Overall, it is not a good look.
What makes this a bad look? This is the second (maybe third) thread which began the very first game that Jasmine was missing from the UCONN bench. Geno was asked about it post game and the commentators (Bob Joyce) commented on it during the game @Biff posted a picture showing that Jasmine was not on the bench during the last game. UCONN has put out a statement. People are concerned and some are expressing their concern here on the BY. Where is the need for oversight?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I kind of agree with what @Charliebball wrote. Geno and CD are the real closers when it comes to recruiting. Recall that when Marisa left many people expressed the same concern that UCONN had lost the ability to connect with this younger generation. Here is an out the box idea that could be the solution. Chloe Pavlech is a former UCONN graduate assistant. I'm going to skip right over the part about her playing at Maryland because that doesn't have much to do with the story and I long ago forgave her. When last seen here on the BY Chloe was with both Paige and Azzi. Maybe UCONN brings back Chloe as a closer she can definitely relate to this generation.

Reaction Score
She's not obligated to interact with her follows on social media and I don't think she really ever does. Also, she still has hundreds of non-UConn related Twitter and Instagram follows up.
And maybe those are personal friends, family, etc. Regardless I do not think under the circumstances it is anyone’s business but hers. It seems you disagree, so be it. I happen to feel someone’s personal business is just that, it seems you also disagree with that, so be that also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom