Jasmine Lister returning to UConn as assistant coach | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister returning to UConn as assistant coach

Reaction Score

>>The 25-year-old Lister will be named an assistant at UConn to replace Marisa Moseley, who was introduced as the head coach at Boston University on Wednesday. An official announcement from the school could come as early as Thursday.<<

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yipee! Ain't we got fun. In case no one can see into my apartment I'm doing cartwheels.
You can still do cartwheels?? Wait till you turn 50...!

giphy.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dear God thank you!
I don't want to come off as greedy but keep in mind that mine was a two part prayer and Haley Jones has still not committed to UCONN.
Just keep your pjpeline open.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I remember this quote from Carl's story when UConn played DePaul:

"I see them a lot, but I still want to tell them, 'Thank you,' " Lister said last December. "They've done a lot for me. They taught me a lot about basketball and a lot about myself as a person. They took someone in from another program, someone they didn't know, and treated me like one of their own. And even though I've been gone for a year they are still looking out for me and still make me feel like I'm a part of it."

Nice endorsement from Kelsey Plum:

"As an addition to our staff she just brought a new energy," Plum said after accepting the 2017 Associated Press Player of the Year award in Dallas. "She works extremely hard and I don't know people know that about her. She is a young, bright mind in this game. Her future is going to be special."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I've been hoping the 'Yard was reading the tea leaves correctly ..... Jas seems like an outstanding addition to the UCONN staff.

From what I can tell, she should not only be a wonderful, high energy coach but a *dynamite* recruiter. I can't help but think that a lot of our young recruits will form a strong bond with her. Everything about her seems positive and upbeat. She has several years of valuable coaching experience but she is still part of the younger generation. This isn't a must-have but it doesn't hurt one bit, IMO.

She's gotten high marks everywhere she's been -- this latest step will change her life forever, in a great way.

WELCOME (BACK) JAS !!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

>>The 25-year-old Lister will be named an assistant at UConn to replace Marisa Moseley, who was introduced as the head coach at Boston University on Wednesday. An official announcement from the school could come as early as Thursday.<<

Well................................., that didn't take long. When I log on to the Boneyard for the first time every morning, THIS is the type of GOOD NEWS I want to see. As other posters suggested, once they knew Moseley was leaving, and Shea would wanted time off for maternity leave, they already had some folks on their short list in mind that they would offer the job to.

Congratulations to Jasmine, it's nice to have her back. I know she will do a great job on court, as well as recruiting. As previously suggested, at 25, she's close in age to the players and the potential recruits she will be in communication with. Wouldn't it be nice if all of UConn problems were solved this easily? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Jas is justifiably proud of her playing career, so I wanted to tip my cap to her on that note as well. At 5'4" she's shorter than Crystal but she did make the big leagues briefly as a member of the L.A. Sparks, an accomplishment she treasures:

jasmine-lister.jpg

Methinks she'll be able to go toe-to-toe against Danger in practice drills should the need (opportunity?) arise.... !

The most interesting factoid from Jasmine's college career was her 'minutes played' stat of 4,626 minutes.

She started every single game in her career (129 games), so this is an average of almost 36 mins / gm ! :eek: That's some serious durability and drive. I know Vandy is not UCONN but this is a really, really noteworthy stat IMO.

2013-14 Honors

• Named WBCA All-American Honorable Mention.
• Named to postseason All-SEC Second Team by conference's coaches.
• Named WBCA Region 3 All-American nominee.
• Preseason All-SEC selection by the media and coaches.
• Named Player of the Week by espnW, SEC and USBWA for week of Jan. 6-12.
• Became program's all-time leader in minutes played during the game against Missouri on Jan. 30.
• Started every game in her career -- 129 games.
SEC Academic Honor Roll.

2013-14 (Senior): Established herself as the most durable player in program's history by shattering the team record for minutes played, finishing her career with 4,626 minutes ... Started every game of her career (129), including 31 as a senior.

Reaction Score
and Shea would wanted time off for maternity leave,

do we know when she's due?
seems like I first heard comments about her being with child in Feb or Mar, which was probably 5-7 months in. So, June/July?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom