Jasmine Lister Retweeted UConn Women's Hoops

So happy to be back!!!

Jasmine Lister added,

DbKp8ePWsAAYTaJ.jpg

UConn Women's HoopsVerified account @UconnWBB

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As she said: "Once a Husky always a Husky." Holding yourself to a code of excellence is hard, but having done it it's both habit forming and contagious.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Thanks, Biff - it was getting hard to read the posts for all the [now removed - JS] drooling, and I don't mean about her considerable abilities as a coach.

I'm just an old fart who loves basketball, and what I have always enjoyed about Jasmine is her energetic joy of life. Cute as a button and yes, everything else, but she is one of those people who just give off good energy. I see her, I smile.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You left out height. Geno is finally taller than another coach.
Once you bring in height is where I draw the line.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Glad to see this happen. I really like what she brings to the job. Good luck, Jas!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought she was someone who just kept records. Then I saw her at Washington one year and at DePaul last season. I thought she was just a stat keeper for those two. I had no idea she was a former player and was an assistant coach. I hope she attracts some outstanding recruits and gets them to commit. Maybe there are some she was recruiting for DePaul who may want to follow her to UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jas is justifiably proud of her playing career, so I wanted to tip my cap to her on that note as well. At 5'4" she's shorter than Crystal but she did make the big leagues briefly as a member of the L.A. Sparks, an accomplishment she treasures:

View attachment 30847

Methinks she'll be able to go toe-to-toe against Danger in practice drills should the need (opportunity?) arise.... !

The most interesting factoid from Jasmine's college career was her 'minutes played' stat of 4,626 minutes.

She started every single game in her career (129 games), so this is an average of almost 36 mins / gm ! :eek: That's some serious durability and drive. I know Vandy is not UCONN but this is a really, really noteworthy stat IMO.

2013-14 Honors

• Named WBCA All-American Honorable Mention.
• Named to postseason All-SEC Second Team by conference's coaches.
• Named WBCA Region 3 All-American nominee.
• Preseason All-SEC selection by the media and coaches.
• Named Player of the Week by espnW, SEC and USBWA for week of Jan. 6-12.
• Became program's all-time leader in minutes played during the game against Missouri on Jan. 30.
• Started every game in her career -- 129 games.
SEC Academic Honor Roll.

2013-14 (Senior): Established herself as the most durable player in program's history by shattering the team record for minutes played, finishing her career with 4,626 minutes ... Started every game of her career (129), including 31 as a senior.
Jas AVERAGED 1,156 minutes per season. This past year, only Kia Nurse played more than that--1,223 minutes in 37 games. Kia averaged 33.1 minutes per game. Jas is durability personified.

Reaction Score
So very happy to see Jasmine back at UCONN.
Who will Doug Bruno look for to replace her?

Reaction Score

>>The 25-year-old Lister will be named an assistant at UConn to replace Marisa Moseley, who was introduced as the head coach at Boston University on Wednesday. An official announcement from the school could come as early as Thursday.<<

BIG metaphorical shoes to fill, the scope of what Marisa Moseley provided cannot be measured but can only now, in her absence, be appreciated.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
BIG metaphorical shoes to fill, the scope of what Marisa Moseley provided cannot be measured but can only now, in her absence, be appreciated.
Well said. Are you a speech writer by trade?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Welcome back Jasmine! Happy to have you back on the UCONN sidelines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom