Jasmine Lister returning to UConn as assistant coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister returning to UConn as assistant coach

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've never seen so much excitement over the hiring of an assistant coach.......she better get unpacked and then packed again and get on the road pronto!!!
I bet you 50 dollars that she was going to have to be at Bo Williams this weekend anyway. She will just have to slip on a UCONN gear instead of DePaul.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
do we know when she's due?
seems like I first heard comments about her being with child in Feb or Mar, which was probably 5-7 months in. So, June/July?
I think somebody posted a June 26 due date.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Certainly Jasmine will have a lot on her plate when she returns to Storrs, but one of the most fascinating, and critical, will be the work she does with the latest HS NPOY at Storrs. Considering how important CW could be for the Huskies next season, it’s vital that she learn the finer details of UConn WBB quickly.

Someone had also suggested that this is potentially a 2-part move that will eventually include changing Shea’s responsibilities to coaching forwards, once she returns from maternity leave, as a means of broadening her experience with a view towards becoming a HC.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Words cannot describe how excited and grateful I am to have the opportunity to return to UConn,” Lister said. “When I was a graduate assistant, the biggest lesson I learned from Coach Auriemma is life is all about timing and when to execute. I cannot wait to work with this excellent staff and team again."

Jasmine Lister Named UConn Women's Basketball Assistant Coach

Actually the quote dropped the best and last line: " Once a Husky, always a Husky!”

UConn women name Lister assistant coach

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
core_package.jpg

“God is so good, and I am so blessed to have worked with great staffs at Washington and DePaul,” Lister added. “Coach Bruno was so gracious and supporting of my decision, and I cannot thank him enough for allowing me to learn from him and work at DePaul. Athletic director Jean Lenti Ponsetto has really created something special, and I am so thankful to have been of the Blue Demon family. There are so many coaches who coached me as a player and even more who have mentored and looked out for me when I got into this profession. I could not have done it without them.”

UConn women name Lister assistant coach

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Certainly Jasmine will have a lot on her plate when she returns to Storrs, but one of the most fascinating, and critical, will be the work she does with the latest HS NPOY at Storrs. Considering how important CW could be for the Huskies next season, it’s vital that she learn the finer details of UConn WBB quickly.

Someone had also suggested that this is potentially a 2-part move that will eventually include changing Shea’s responsibilities to coaching forwards, once she returns from maternity leave, as a means of broadening her experience with a view towards becoming a HC.

A very interesting observation OD that I think has some merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Would also note that in addition to her two years at UConn, Jas spent two years with two very successful head coaches, with, I suspect, very different approaches. Can only add to a very solid foundation as she returns to Storrs. And she and Lou can shiver together thinking about California next winter.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've heard that age is just a number, but we seem to have established a bright line here. So, how's your cartwheel skills these days? :p
As for me and living in NY I've had plenty of practice. All I have to do is say "Waiter, check".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A very interesting observation OD that I think has some legs.

Scoop, I see what you did there. ;) In actuality the coaching assignments are sort of "primary and all others". You cannot scout and coach without gaining capability with all positions on the floor. The position assigned coach takes those players when they break up to do drills and has primary responsibuility to keep an eye out in scrimmage, etc. I do suspect that Geno has always been guard oriented and it is he, of course, he draws his point guard over for those little tete-a-tetes while foul shots are in progress, etc. Jasmine has to be more than pysched to be back in the fold with this understudy role with Geno.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I really hope we won't be needing to repeatedly remind everyone that it is against our standing policy to be commenting about to "looks/attractiveness" of players/coaches and others involved in the game. Getting clever or subtle with the comment doesn't make it any better.

Thanks for your attention.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Amid all the excitement of Jas' reappearance (and I have my own untold personal story about that)...how are the coaching responsibilities going to shake out.

In the past, we have had a guards coach and a wing/big girls coach along side Geno and CD

I have no idea how it works now (perhaps complicated by Shea's new obligation).

Surely Jas in not gong to have wings+ responsibility...
Is CD (after all these years) going to take full responsibility for the forwards.

Perhaps she and Geno think that she can do it better alone (than Marissa)

What am I missing here?

Seems to me, that is the discussion we should be having.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Amid all the excitement of Jas' reappearance (and I have my own untold personal story about that)...how are the coaching responsibilities going to shake out.

In the past, we have had a guards coach and a wing/big girls coach along side Geno and CD

I have no idea how it works now (perhaps complicated by Shea's new obligation).

Surely Jas in not gong to have wings+ responsibility...
Is CD (after all these years) going to take full responsibility for the forwards.

Perhaps she and Geno think that she can do it better alone (than Marissa)

What am I missing here?

Seems to me, that is the discussion we should be having.

Can we have an afternoon of dalliance in welcoming a new coach before returning to our predilection to absolute worry and a sense of impending doom?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Can we have an afternoon of dalliance in welcoming a new coach before returning to our predilection to absolute worry and a sense of impending doom?

I was wondering the same thing, though. I don't see it as a 'doom-and-gloom' thought. Simply a question

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I really hope we won't be needing to repeatedly remind everyone that it is against our standing policy to be commenting about to "looks/attractiveness" of players/coaches and others involved in the game. Getting clever or subtle with the comment doesn't make it any better.

Thanks, Biff - it was getting hard to read the posts for all the drooling in some of them, and I don't mean about her considerable abilities as a coach. [Note: Posts to which GG refers are now gone. Please see Biff's post re board policy. - JS]

Last edited by a moderator:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I agree. I mean c'mon. UConn just lost in the semi's and then lost one of it's coaches. Can I just revel in this good news for just a while longer? Please?

Reaction Score

You left out height. Geno is finally taller than another coach.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I agree. I mean c'mon. UConn just lost in the semi's and then lost one of it's coaches. Can I just revel in this good news for just a while longer? Please?
No! You don't get to do that. What does revel mean anyway?

Reaction Score

I was just thinking the same thing. Great post!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom