January: Update on former players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

January: Update on former players

Reaction Score
Tonight's UAB @ FAU matchup on ESPN+ is arguably the most important mid-major game of the season.

1672919773690.png

UAB has slightly performed below expectations while FAU was projected to be pretty good, but not nearly this good. A win for them today is another step in solidifying their at-large resume.

C-USA is probably rooting for a one-possession game to bolster the resumes for both teams since the conference, right now, has a legit possibility to be a 3-bid league (UAB, FAU, North Texas).

Reaction Score

Group V: Bustville

James Bouknight, Hornets: The 11th pick in 2021 can hardly get on the floor, even with multiple injuries in Charlotte’s backcourt. Two-way Theo Maledonhas been playing ahead of him all season, and 2022 second-rounder Bryce McGowens also recently jumped him in the queue.

Bouknight has some legitimate shot-creation skill, but his inability to discern a good shot from a terrible one and his shaky perimeter shooting (29.5 percent career from 3) have combined to yield a nonexistent offensive impact. In addition to his 6.1 PER this season — blecch! — Bouknight is one of the league’s most disinterested defenders and a hugely popular target for opponents when he checks into games. He’ll need to make progress on multiple fronts just to crack the back end of the rotation in his third season.

Reaction Score
Believe this is Tate George

I’m confused. Wasn’t CFJ a redshirt because he reclassed, so couldn’t play last year even if Hurley wanted him to?

Yeah he was recruited over in the transfer portal but he most likely would have gotten serious minutes here if he stayed. We give 3 point guards 15+ minutes a game. CFJ is just under 7 minutes per game at Providence right now, because he was recruited over with transfers there as well.

Based on the tone of this post, it seems like there was a lot more behind the scenes than we know. So credit to both Hurley and CFJ for keeping it professional in public. But I’m confused lol

Reaction Score
I’m confused. Wasn’t CFJ a redshirt because he reclassed, so couldn’t play last year even if Hurley wanted him to?

Yeah he was recruited over in the transfer portal but he most likely would have gotten serious minutes here if he stayed. We give 3 point guards 15+ minutes a game. CFJ is just under 7 minutes per game at Providence right now, because he was recruited over with transfers there as well.

Based on the tone of this post, it seems like there was a lot more behind the scenes than we know. So credit to both Hurley and CFJ for keeping it professional in public. But I’m confused lol

CFJ would not be sniffing a minute of PT for us. Family gets upset when kids don't play--it's the way of the world. Especially when those kids have been a start on their team since they were 5 years old. Hawkins, Jackson, Alleyne and Joey C are all better than him. He isn't a PG by any stretch of the imagination either. The kid BARELY plays at PC and they have half the talent we do.

"Developing talent" doesn't mean not recruiting better players. It means we recruit better players, and guys develop enough skills to play anyways. See: Isaiah Whaley. Tyrese Martin. RJ Cole.

CFJ and that whole situation was a total mess. We're better off without that baggage.

Reaction Score
CFJ would not be sniffing a minute of PT for us. Family gets upset when kids don't play--it's the way of the world. Especially when those kids have been a start on their team since they were 5 years old. Hawkins, Jackson, Alleyne and Joey C are all better than him. He isn't a PG by any stretch of the imagination either. The kid BARELY plays at PC and they have half the talent we do.

"Developing talent" doesn't mean not recruiting better players. It means we recruit better players, and guys develop enough skills to play anyways. See: Isaiah Whaley. Tyrese Martin. RJ Cole.

CFJ and that whole situation was a total mess. We're better off without that baggage.
Agreed - delusional to think he'd get any run here.

I hope every former player of ours who are taking the opportunity to play elsewhere do well, but it's tougher to cheer for some than others, you know?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

“They’re the same team as last year, they’re identical,” Walker said. “They added a guard, Jalen Gaffney. He’s from (New) Jersey so I know of him being up from that way. That added a solid point guard to their team which is what they needed.”
“Playing them last year and seeing what they’re doing this year, it’s pretty much the same but more together,” ...
Gaffney leads FAU with a 43.6 percent shooting average on 3-pointers,'
‘A balanced team’: UAB basketball faces tough test at FAU

jmoney. led both teams for assists yesterday in the 'big game.' they won that won too and are now 13-1.

6eff7718ad677e8b27495bd5b96237a8.gif

Reaction Score
"half the talent we do" ? Seriously?

Hopkins is considerably better than anyone on the UConn roster and their four transfers scored 58 points the other night. Our four transfers scored a total of 9 points. You may want to rethink this.

Reaction Score
This is a shockingly stupid take. Go join the PC board if you want to be this ignorant.
Hopkins is considerably better than anyone on our team. It's the truth. He is averaging nearly 20 points and 11 rebounds over his last five games. Who on UConn is playing that well?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hopkins is considerably better than anyone on our team. It's the truth. He is averaging nearly 20 points and 11 rebounds over his last five games. Who on UConn is playing that well?

Believe it or not, each of these teams has played more than 5 games. Your point is silly and downright wrong. I'll find you some stats later. Enjoy the game.

Reaction Score
Believe it or not, each of these teams has played more than 5 games. Your point is silly and downright wrong. I'll find you some stats later. Enjoy the game.
Basically, I'm capturing Big East play. The kid has been unbelievable. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score
Basically, I'm capturing Big East play. The kid has been unbelievable. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Unbelievable =/= "considerably" better than anyone on our team. Why are you hedging your bets now?

Reaction Score
Believe this is Tate George

Is this a legit TG account? Very serious claims against Hurley. He doesn't WANT to coach his players? Where in the world is this coming from? So does AD Dave ignore this? Get on the phone and ask what in the world he's talking about? Not a good look claiming he'd never go against the program and then **** on the current coach a few sentences later. Disgraceful.

Reaction Score
Does Tate realize his father is in the HOF

Reaction Score
Tate has expanded on his thoughts
View attachment 82803
Well the fact that everyone who has transferred has had success is a lie as 2out of the 3 latest don’t even play much. It would be weird if Corey expected to play either as I remember hearing Hurley say that anyone who was joining the roster would redshirt before he even announced he was coming early

Attachments

• 586B8633-97A5-47A7-A66D-75FEAB77C6D1.png
    586B8633-97A5-47A7-A66D-75FEAB77C6D1.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 104
Reaction Score
What a weird thing to do. He had some big feelings and put them on social media. Good for you? I get second hand embarrassment way too easily but yikes. He can have whatever opinion he wants of the coach, but that many factual inaccuracies really does not bode well for your case being a sound one.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom