January: Update on former players | The Boneyard

January: Update on former players

Reaction Score
Diggins is not doing much at UMass. Shooting splits are abysmal at 27% fg, 22% from 3, and 17% from the FT line. Averaging 2.5 assists in about 17 minutes.
Floyd contributes at Providence in very limited minutes. His typical stat line looks like one rebound or one assist in 3 minutes of playing time.
Gaffney is doing reasonably well at FAU, getting lots of pt and shooting 43% from 3, averaging 25 minutes and 6.8 points despite only 2 points in each of the last 3 games.
Akok is averaging just under 7 points and 7 rebounds at Gtown. He only played 6 minutes last game due to back spasms.
Brendan Adams is averaging 17 points on 50% shootong, 4.4 rebounds and 2.6 assists at GW. By far the most impactful of the former Huskies who transferred out.

Reaction Score
What about Vance Jackson. He must be still playing right? :D
Apparently he’s at school #4 (East Carolina, following UConn, New Mexico, & Arkansas). Hopefully for him, this leads to a pro contract (or whatever he wants).

Reaction Score
Update: Akok had 12 and 9 yesterday to lead an awful (0-4 In conference) Georgetown team in both points and rebounds. Georgetown scored 51 points and has now lost 24 straight Big East games.

Reaction Score
Drumond not getting lots of minutes. Bouk barely visable on the score sheets. Martin riding the pines

Reaction Score
Drumond not getting lots of minutes. Bouk barely visable on the score sheets. Martin riding the pines

Andre’s getting less minutes than expected but not horribly unsurprising given he’s backing up a guy that plays 30+ minutes a night. Andre would have been a completely different beast in a previous generation

I’ve watched more Hornets games and highlights than any sane person should, but Bouknight is disappointing. He’s played himself off the court and is visibly frustrated on the bench. At least last year he would cheer and hype up the players when they made plays. Now he’s like a statue sitting on the bench. You can’t have that attitude if you’re putting out the production that he puts out in his limited minutes. Major regression from him

Tyrese was expected. Atlanta already has a loaded backcourt and 1st round pick AJ Griffin is starting to break out. Tyrese did drop 22 in the G League last night.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Andre’s getting less minutes than expected but not horribly unsurprising given he’s backing up a guy that plays 30+ minutes a night. Andre would have been a completely different beast in a previous generation

I’ve watched more Hornets games and highlights than any sane person should, but Bouknight is disappointing. He’s played himself off the court and is visibly frustrated on the bench. At least last year he would cheer and hype up the players when they made plays. Now he’s like a statue sitting on the bench. You can’t have that attitude if you’re putting out the production that he puts out in his limited minutes. Major regression from him

Tyrese was expected. Atlanta already has a loaded backcourt and 1st round pick AJ Griffin is starting to break out. Tyrese did drop 22 in the G League last night.
Yeah I have watched quite few Hornets games myself - that is not a very good team. Can't shoot worth a lick and what the most sorely need is a good shooting guard

Reaction Score

It's so sad to see a young man (JB) with such tremendous ability throwing away a potentially great career.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Attending his girlfriend's birth. Ok. No further comment.
It's like a puppy. If you don't socialize 'em right out of the womb, they get tougher to train.

Reaction Score
Former recruits or commits yes former players no
How are Diggin’s and Floyd , or even Javonte Brown actually former UConn players . To be a former player shouldn’t you have actually played or been on the roster .
Gaff , Akok, Adam, Carlton were former players some even UConn alumni.
I understand in this basketball environment kids have to find a place were they can play.
Adams is in one of the best MBA programs in the country
Carlton got to show case his talents hopefully for a future pay dsy
Akok has to play to show he has overcome his serious injury
Gaffney hopefully will fulfill the promise he showed in brief flashes .
As a fan I continue to route for those kids
The ones who never made a roster just seems bizarre.

Reaction Score
Former recruits or commits yes former players no
How are Diggin’s and Floyd , or even Javonte Brown actually former UConn players . To be a former player shouldn’t you have actually played or been on the roster .
Gaff , Akok, Adam, Carlton were former players some even UConn alumni.
I understand in this basketball environment kids have to find a place were they can play.
Adams is in one of the best MBA programs in the country
Carlton got to show case his talents hopefully for a future pay dsy
Akok has to play to show he has overcome his serious injury
Gaffney hopefully will fulfill the promise he showed in brief flashes .
As a fan I continue to route for those kids
The ones who never made a roster just seems bizarre.
Diggins and Brown actually did play for UConn, albeit very few minutes. Corey Floyd Jr. was on the team last season, but redshirted. All 3 were indeed on a UConn roster.

Reaction Score
It's so sad to see a young man (JB) with such tremendous ability throwing away a potentially great career.
9 points in 14 minutes in another bad loss provides hope while Oubre is out

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Probably get some downvotes for this, but it becomes increasingly sad the more I hear about all Damar Hamlin has dealt with yet done for others. Bouk needs to man up and grow up, quickly.

Reaction Score
Diggins and Brown actually did play for UConn, albeit very few minutes. Corey Floyd Jr. was on the team last season, but redshirted. All 3 were indeed on a UConn roster.
My apologies I missed Diggins on the 2021-22 roster
He appeared in 9 games at garbage time. Springs played more minutes .
I remember Brown being in the team picture but only played in 2 games and baled
Red Shirt players don’t make it onto the official roster , Karaban wasn’t on the roster either
Thanks for the correction
I only remembered Brown from a team picture. The kid is legitimately 7’0 . He actually appeared briefly in 2 games at garbage time and left. I can honestly say I don’t remember either appearance. A 10-15 min UConn career.
Diggins got into a couple of more games than Hurley’s kid . For a total of 45 minutes for the year. All very forgettable. Frankly I don’t remember any of those minutes.
Red Shirt players for some reason never appear in the official roster .
probably an NCAA technicality .because technically if they were they would use up a year of eligibility.
Officially Floyd and Karaban were UConn students on scholarship who could practice with the team but were not on the roster.
If you look back on past years there are many missing guys from the official roster because they were sitting . I think Diarra only made one official roster in 4 years.

Reaction Score
Akok with 11 and 10 tonight . Georgetown has now lost 25 straight Big East games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom