January Recruiting Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Strong averaged an amazing 25 points and 19 rebounds per game playing against girls three years older than her.

But off the court, her family had some concerns.

“That COVID year, online, academy stuff was a little difficult,” admitted Danny Strong, Sarah’s dad. “It wasn’t sure if it would be another year online and we were aware that some of the private schools were actually in school and I think Sarah learns better that way.”

So the Strong’s decided to enroll Sarah at Grace Christian in Sanford.

Over the past couple of months, some of the best college coaches in the nation have passed through the Crusaders’ gymnasium.

“It’s been incredible already to have seven Power-5 coaches in this gym over the past two months,” said Revelle. “I mean UConn, Notre Dame, N.C. State, Tennessee, Duke, Louisville, all those teams have been here.”

sun

Reaction Score
Over the past couple of months, some of the best college coaches in the nation have passed through the Crusaders’ gymnasium.

“It’s been incredible already to have seven Power-5 coaches in this gym over the past two months,” said Revelle. “I mean UConn, Notre Dame, N.C. State, Tennessee, Duke, Louisville, all those teams have been here.”

No doubt that some kids mature faster than others.
However, that doesn't mean that the prospect will always stay ahead of other players in their development.
A scout needs to decide how much better than average that the player will be in 2 or 3 years when they graduate from HS, and in 6 -7 years when they're ready to graduate from college.
That would seem to be an awfully tough task for a coach to bet their own future on, considering that they have a limited number of scholarships to offer.
The coaches must end up kicking a lot of tires before making any commitments that can fill their roster.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Strong's sophomore numbers are....strong.
Just a reminder that some of us believe that Strong may have visited UCONN for the ND game and is pictured wearing the Orange sweat shirt behind Mir. Just to extend the pun a little more she is a Sophomore and this is an indication of "strong" interest in UCONN.
1642781413750.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Just a reminder that some of us believe that Strong may have visited UCONN for the ND game and is pictured wearing the Orange sweat shirt behind Mir. Just to extend the pun a little more she is a Sophomore and this is an indication of "strong" interest in UCONN.
View attachment 72584

About 99% sure that's her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/19

Joyce Edwards: 35 points

1/14

Priyanka Ponnam: 31 points, 11 rebounds

1/15

Priyanka Ponnam: 20 points, 10 rebounds

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Rice has some Paige to her, but she also reminded me a bit of Paopao in the way she's able to rev up and stop under control, all while seeing the court. Nice pull-up jumper, too.

I watched this game primarily to see Donovan (00) and Dudley (22), both of whom have taken unofficial visits to Notre Dame. Donovan has a very quick jump and can rebound awfully well. Little bit of Jackie Young athletically, but not the shot (yet).

Dudley, Class of '24, has a long, lean athletic build but a solid frame that she'll grow into. Nice moves from the elbow and strong to the hoop.

Reaction Score
\

Great game. Kiki Rice shines. Sidwell faster and more athletic. Hopkins Bigger and maybe better 3pt shooters, Shame could not see Paige vs Kiki.

Paige giving them a nice sendoff
Why’d you make this about Paige?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rice has some Paige to her, but she also reminded me a bit of Paopao in the way she's able to rev up and stop under control, all while seeing the court. Nice pull-up jumper, too.

I watched this game primarily to see Donovan (00) and Dudley (22), both of whom have taken unofficial visits to Notre Dame. Donovan has a very quick jump and can rebound awfully well. Little bit of Jackie Young athletically, but not the shot (yet).

Dudley, Class of '24, has a long, lean athletic build but a solid frame that she'll grow into. Nice moves from the elbow and strong to the hoop.

Donovan reminds me of a bigger version of Jewell (with a less developed shot). She jumps center and played above the rim when I saw her in person.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sidwell has the #2 player in 2022, #10 player in 2023, and #4 player in 2024. They are loaded with elite talent.

Reaction Score
Sidwell has the #2 player in 2022, #10 player in 2023, and #4 player in 2024. They are loaded with elite talent.
Their starting 5 is so athletic. They cover a lot of ground when they press.

If Grandview had won it would have been interesting to see how they dealt with Betts.

Reaction Score
Keep an eye on Patterson. She could do as much or more next season as Edwards has done this year. More athletic, quicker, better hands and can get off the floor much better.
You might be right but while I think Aaliya is not having a good of year as last is simply of Paige absent. The guards that’s playing now will just not get her the ball I. The post. She works so hard to seal her man but can’t get a touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom