January Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

January Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of great feedback on Ashlyn Shade in the Indianoplis Star. She's apparently very impressed with Uconn's history of success and level of play. Most of all, she apparently wants to be in a "family atmosphere". She wants a top program and wants to play at that level. Academics are part of this also and a good fit there is part of it for her. From looking into her background more she apparently has a terrific engine. She seems to be making her decision based on excellent criteria. It would seem to be a bad time to visit Uconn with all the covid situation and all but hopefully she can see that the kids are all real nice but similar to her they want to be the best also. I think she would fit in very well with the uconn culture. It probably was more fun earlier in the year but she looks reasonable and can see that this is probably the worst Uconn has looked in 15 years probably. One of the most challenging situations.

Reaction Score
one thing I've learned from this season is that you can have all the 6'4" -6'5" players you want but if you can't get them the ball inside they might as well be 5'5"...........:(
Can’t or won’t?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Here's the pressing question re AP: Is it eye-ONNA or eye-YONNA?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I really, really hope Williams commits to UConn, otherwise Coco may be sick for a whole month. :rolleyes:

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
My experience was that you could get very good or very mediocre employees from obscure, small state colleges or from prestigious ivy league schools. The school didn't matter as far as I was concerned. You know, it depends on the person.
This perspective was, for me, a breath of fresh air. I did senior and college advising and writing college recommendations at a school that sent lots of grads to Ivies and other good schools. Over the years, I saw enough to conclude that the quality of students' college/university educationsIvies, was determined far more by their personal investment in getting the most out of the school's program, not because of the school's national reputation. I saw plenty of cases where grads at big name universities (Ivies, Stanford, etc.) reaped diplomas but not much else. (Too often students chose "name" schools because of parents who wanted the prestige.)Also got reports from our grads that some universities mentioned on this board as having "superior" academic programs were way over-rated. (I will not name them, but our Uconn women play vs. some of them.) Eventually, I became quite skeptical about ranking schools by their reputations.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/7

Madison Booker: 15 points, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals

Reaction Score
Yes. And maybe a little quicker was Morgan Tuck. No rush, seal, protect the ball with her body and score.
Seal and Protect!!! Basketball is much more about angles than it is speed.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
According to a poster on VolNation Ashlyn Shade may be narrowing her schools of interest. Here is the post from Hoya Saxa;
"A few of the other schools on Shade's list have reported on their message boards today that their coaches have stopped following Shade on social media. Perhaps she was in contact with some coaches last night or this morning."

This is assumptive, but last night or this morning means after her unofficial visit to Gample.

And this from TTharpe regarding the Lady Vol recruiting coordinator;
"Looks like Coach Sam unfollowed her as well. Welp. A little disappointing."

They have given up on Shade on their board.

Reaction Score
According to a poster on VolNation Ashlyn Shade may be narrowing her schools of interest. Here is the post from Hoya Saxa;
"A few of the other schools on Shade's list have reported on their message boards today that their coaches have stopped following Shade on social media. Perhaps she was in contact with some coaches last night or this morning."

This is assumptive, but last night or this morning means after her unofficial visit to Gample.

And this from TTharpe regarding the Lady Vol recruiting coordinator;
"Looks like Coach Sam unfollowed her as well. Welp. A little disappointing."

They have given up on Shade on their board.

I will note that the official UconnWbb page on Instagram has started to follow Shade. Commitment incoming?

Reaction Score
I know there are offers out there, but does UConn have to sign another player in 2022? If so, who is is that player?

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Breya Cunningham was featured in an article in today's (Jan. 11) San Diego Union-Tribune. UConn is among the eight schools she's considering. Perhaps, someone with technical skills can post the piece for all to read.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
I know there are offers out there, but does UConn have to sign another player in 2022? If so, who is is that player?
I believe we were done after KK Rice committed to UCLA.

Reaction Score
No, they don’t HAVE to but if they do it would likely come from the transfer portal or a foreign kid for next season. All the top 100 American HS kids are committed somewhere. If Auriemma thinks he needs someone to fill a gap, a grad transfer for one year might make sense considering the recruiting classes he’s building for the following years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom